Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-29-2004   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Buchanon wants out of Oakland

LINK

Associated Press
ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Cornerback Phillip Buchanon is so frustrated with the way the Oakland Raiders are operating that he wants to be traded.

Buchanon, the Raiders' first-round draft pick in 2002 out of Miami, said he spoke with team personnel chief Michael Lombardi to express his desire to go elsewhere.

"The way I am feeling about the Raiders, I am not happy," Buchanon said Wednesday. "I am just not happy with the organization right now. I am looking forward to a possible trade with somebody else."
Old 12-29-2004   #2
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

I wonder if we could trade for him, he would be a good nickel back until AG got ready to retire, but the question is, what would we trade, maybe a draft pick or 2.
Old 12-29-2004   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

After seeing him get smoked by our WRs this season I'd rather have Faggins at the nickel.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004   #4
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

He talks like a shutdown corner, but walks like he's a first round bust
Youngstown Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I think he has shown bust potential. But maybe he just needs a fresh start.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004   #6
TexansCanes
All Pro

i just don't know what happened to phillip, he had a great start in oakland but got injured. last year he never regained his old form. coming out of college he had all the tools to be a great corner, but has yet to reach his potental. i have never been one of those guys that said that we can't get someone because he isn't a "capers guy", but i can tell you that phillip isn't a capers guy.
Old 12-30-2004   #7
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

This guy thinks hes good , hes too small , he cant tackle , or cover really well, sure he gets some picks but them makes it up for giving up bombs , im kinda of glad he wants to leave..
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2004   #8
MarleyFan
Veteran

Warren Sapp was on a radio show out here basically calling him an ***** for bringing this up three days before the last game.
I have been dissapointed in him since he has been here, both him and Woodson have had bad years. But the good thing about Woodson is, he will make a good safety at some point!
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not if he has size and tackling issues like Android said...
Old 12-30-2004   #10
JPPT1974
September Falls

Rep Power: 864 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected

Woodson will play again just not with the Raiders perhaps.
Old 12-30-2004   #11
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

Well Woodson is great cover corner , he has been playing without any pressure on the qb and still has been holding WR's to 3 or 4 catches a game... now thats a difficult task to do thats why i can tell he is a great corner in the NFL , but PB ... i dont know what to say about this guy , i tried to support him , but this stupid **** makes it clear , god get him out of here , trust me if any of you watch his game you will know what us oakland fans know... this guy is smaller than some high school players..
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #12
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

I thought we had a thread about Buchanan in the archives. Nice foresight by Buff Soldier.

Quote:
I wonder if we could trade for him, he would be a good nickel back until AG got ready to retire, but the question is, what would we trade, maybe a draft pick or 2.
Old 04-20-2005   #13
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier

Dude hit the nail on the head...
Old 04-20-2005   #14
chicagotexan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
Hey Buff, how will my 401k do this year?? Miss Cleo has nothing on you.
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #15
Ruttiger
Rookie

We got him. For a second and third rounder.
Ruttiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read