Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2008   #1
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer
Default Top 10 defensive players

In a promo for Fox NFL Sunday they say they are going to discuss the top 10 defensive players in the NFL and Mario was one of the 3 players they showed in the promo.

Just thought it was nice to see Mario get some much deserved love.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 10 defensive players

Yea, I think he deserves it too. He is dominate with not a whole lot around him. He's so young too, it is fantastic.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #3
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Sweeeet!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like a good time to make our own lists:

No particular order:

Mario Williams
Ndami Ashoumagh... or however you spell it
DeMarcus Ware
Albert Haynesworth
Patrick Willis
Ray Lewis (it seems to me that this guy STILL hasn't lost a step)
Ed Reed
Brian Dawkins
Cortland Finnegan
James Harrison

That's ten... just off the top of my head, so I'm sure I left out a lot of guys. I guess DeMeco should be on there, though he hasn't been as great this year because of his ankle.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario Williams
Jared Allen
Troy Polumolu
Albert Haynesworth
Patrick Willis
Ray Lewis
Ed Reed
Bob Sanders
Cortland Finnegan
James Harrison
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh yeah - Bob Sanders. Missed that one.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 10-22-2008   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Oh yeah - Bob Sanders. Missed that one.
I figured that.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2008   #8
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 474 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No particular order:

Mario Williams
DeMarcus Ware
Albert Haynesworth
Patrick Willis
Ed Reed
Brian Dawkins
Cortland Finnegan
James Harrison

That's ten... just off the top of my head, so I'm sure I left out a lot of guys. I guess DeMeco should be on there, though he hasn't been as great this year because of his ankle.

It's amazing what a good ole fashioned steroid regimen will do.
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoubleeagle View Post
It's amazing what a good ole fashioned steroid regimen will do.
If Ray Lewis was on steroids, he'd be out of the league by now. Baseball players on steroids can have long careers because they rarely have to go all out.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #10
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario Williams
Demeco Ryans
Patrick Willis
Ray Lewis
Demarcus Ware
Nnamdi Asomgha
Lamar Woodley (not Harrison)
Troy Polamulu
Ed Reed
Fat Al

Man, that's a hard list to make. I just don't see how people can leave Demeco off of their lists. I think some Texans fans take the guy for granted. Demeco was the ROY in 2006 and the AFC STARTER at MLB in last year's Pro Bowl. How anyone can leave him off their list is appalling and absurd!
Old 10-22-2008   #11
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No particular order:

Mario Williams
DeMarcus Ware
Albert Haynesworth
Patrick Willis
Ed Reed
Brian Dawkins
Cortland Finnegan
James Harrison

You put Patrick Willis and Ray Lewis on your list, so where's Demeco Ryans?
Old 10-22-2008   #12
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Mario Williams
Jared Allen
Troy Polumolu
Albert Haynesworth
Patrick Willis
Ray Lewis
Ed Reed
Bob Sanders
Cortland Finnegan
James Harrison
Again - Patrick Willis and Ray Lewis, but no Demeco Ryans???
Old 10-22-2008   #13
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is Antonio Cromartie or Champ Bailey?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I take my Toro glasses off and still see DeMeco and Mario in the top 10. Weird.
Old 10-23-2008   #15
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
You put Patrick Willis and Ray Lewis on your list, so where's Demeco Ryans?
You quoted me, but did you not read what I said? DeMeco's in the conversation, but he's been slowed a little bit because of his ankle. I'm going on this year right now. I love DeMeco as much as the next guy, believe me... but his ankle is limiting his greatness.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 10-23-2008   #16
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Where is Antonio Cromartie or Champ Bailey?
Where's your list?

Antonio Cromartie is an average cover corner. He's a great playmaker - but his cover skills are average. Champ Bailey? I think he's still one of the top corners, but top ten defensive player in the league? Nah.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 10-23-2008   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather debate 1st team all-pro the defense has 11 positions not 10.

LDE Mario Williams
RDE DeMarcus Ware
DT Albert Haynsworth
DT Kevin Williams
MLB DeMeco Ryans
OLB Joey Porter
OLB LaMar Woodley
CB Darrelle Revis
CB Charles Woodson
FS Nick Collins
SS Troy Polamalu

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #18
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Quote:
You quoted me, but did you not read what I said? DeMeco's in the conversation, but he's been slowed a little bit because of his ankle. I'm going on this year right now. I love DeMeco as much as the next guy, believe me... but his ankle is limiting his greatness.
Ankle or no ankle, there's still no convincing me that Demeco Ryans is not in the top 10 of the best defensive players in the league.
Old 10-23-2008   #19
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario Williams
Demeco Ryans
Patrick Willis
Bob Sanders
Ed Reed
Albert Haynesworth
Kyle Van den Bosh
Kieth Bullock
Demarcus Ware (instead of Palumalu)
Donte Whitner

And think, 3 could have been on our team. Go Amobi...

Last edited by BigBull17; 10-24-2008 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Forgot about Ware
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Top 10 defensive players on Fox?

I saw a preview for this special that they are running before the games on Sunday, and they had a clip of Mario making a sack, Demarcus Ware, and someone else. I'm hoping MW gets the respect he's earned

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read