Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2008   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Ocho Cinco: Talking it up to the corners

Funny stuff, "Jacques Cousteau"

Quote:
Ocho Cinco not sure about Houston's corners

October 22, 2008 4:26 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky

Houston's cornerbacks are coming off a game with a terrible busted play where Demarcus Faggins let Calvin Johnson get behind him for a late, 96-yard touchdown catch. It made what should have been an easy win a bit of a nail-biter.

Now Cincinnati's Chad Ocho Cinco -- he of 27 catches, a 9.9-yard average and two touchdowns -- busted on the Houston corners during a conference call with the Houston media leading up to Sunday's Bengals-Texans fracas.

Here, for entertainment purposes only, is the relevant piece from the transcript provided by the Texans:

Ocho Cinco asks: What are the two starting corners' last names?

[The Houston Chronicle's] Megan Manful answers: "Jacques Reeves and Demarcus Faggins and then Dunta Robinson came back last week."

[on if he remembers CB Dunta Robinson]: "Yeah, I see Dunta in the offseason also. Tell Dunta I said be careful and congrats on getting back from that injury. And tell (CB) Jacques Reeves and Jacques Cousteau or whatever his name is... what's the other guy's name, Finnegan? Faggins. Tell them I said hello and it's on."

No immediate reaction from those corners. But if some comes my way, I will tack it on here as an update.
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth

Last edited by TEXANS84; 10-22-2008 at 06:16 PM.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Ocho Cinco: Talking it up to the corners

last time, chad accused us of pulling out all kinds of 'exotic coverages' on him.

lets see if we can keep him quiet again this sunday.
Old 10-22-2008   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont care, that #80 stuff is just fun as hell

Looking forward to hearing his exotic excuses for coming up short against us on Sunday though
Old 10-22-2008   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

here's the exact quote from cbs.com

"They weren't going to give me anything this week," said Johnson, who had seven catches for 67 yards. "I had double coverage, a couple of times triple coverage. It was ridiculous, exotic coverages that they might have drawn up in the dirt."

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/gamece...051002_HOU@CIN
Old 10-22-2008   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Looking forward to hearing his exotic excuses for coming up short against us on Sunday though
You certainly have more faith in our corners than I do!! Right now I'm kinda wishing I had Chad Johnson on my FF team. BUT, I do have AJ, and of the two, I'll stick with our TEXAN! If our secondary continues to play as hap hazard as they have this entire year, then CJ will get the last laugh. Hate to say that, but, it's the truth. IMHO
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
You certainly have more faith in our corners than I do!! Right now I'm kinda wishing I had Chad Johnson on my FF team. BUT, I do have AJ, and of the two, I'll stick with our TEXAN! If our secondary continues to play as hap hazard as they have this entire year, then CJ will get the last laugh. Hate to say that, but, it's the truth. IMHO
Call it wishful thinking
Old 10-22-2008   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone even care about his stupid comments anymore? He isn't even a top tier WR, and hasn't been affective against anyone this season. No one even cares about his clownish remarks, nor is anyone worried about him torching our offense. He's a has been.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2008   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I picked up Ocho Cinco this week in the TexansTalk league after someone dropped him. I am starting him against this secondary for sure.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got Randy Moss, Andre Johnson and Chad Johnson on one of my fantasy teams. I expect big things from all three this weekend.

I thought he legally changed his name to Chad Ocho Cinco. But the last couple weeks I've noticed his jersey says C. Johnson. What's the deal? I think it's really funny to have Ocho Cinco on his jersey- he's a moran.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I would worry about Houshmandzadeh before I worry about Cinco.

He runs better routes, has better hands, and tries harder.

He doesn't have Cinco's speed, but he has about the same agility.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Chad Ocho Cinco loves him some Kevin Walter:

(From the conference call)

Quote:
(opening statement) “Is this everybody in Houston? I just want to start off by telling you guys I really love you guys, OK? I really do.”

(on his friendship with Texans WR Andre Johnson) “Oh, man. That’s my boy right there. I love ‘Dre to death. We’ve been friends for a long time. In the offseason, we’re always together in the offseason. We work out at the same places. He’s a very good friend. We’re going on, what, maybe nine or 10 years now. It’s been a joy really watching him and really competing with him on I would say opposite sides of the world, but he’s not that far away. Another person, I don’t know if you guys know that Kevin Walter was here also with me. Kev’s got to be the hardest working receiver in football, to get where you’re at. If y’all get a chance, please tell him I said congratulations on all of the success and tell him that he still has the sexiest body in football, too.”
That's funny, I don't care who you are.
Old 10-22-2008   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one of those games that makes me nervous as a Texans fan.

Chad Eight Five is humorous, though. It really depends on my mood to be honest. Sometimes he gets on my nerves, but most of the time I see the entertainment value of his remarks and actions. It's just a game at the end of the day.
Old 10-22-2008   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Chad Ocho Cinco loves him some Kevin Walter:

(From the conference call)

That's funny, I don't care who you are.
hahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I would worry about Houshmandzadeh before I worry about Cinco.

He runs better routes, has better hands, and tries harder.

He doesn't have Cinco's speed, but he has about the same agility.
Actually, I'm worried about Chris Henry. I don't think any of our corners can take him.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #14
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This is one of those games that makes me nervous as a Texans fan.

Chad Eight Five is humorous, though. It really depends on my mood to be honest. Sometimes he gets on my nerves, but most of the time I see the entertainment value of his remarks and actions. It's just a game at the end of the day.
If it's possible for a 2-4 team to have a trap game, this is it. That scrub Detroit QB and one good WR Calvin Johnson - or Fitzpatrick AND Housh AND Ocho Psycho AND Chris Henry...... this is a FAR more dangerous game than the Detroit one. It's totally insane to me that we're ten point favorites.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
hahahahaha

Actually, I'm worried about Chris Henry. I don't think any of our corners can take him.
Just throw some mary jane at his feet before the game & that shouldn't be a problem.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
If it's possible for a 2-4 team to have a trap game, this is it. That scrub Detroit QB and one good WR Calvin Johnson - or Fitzpatrick AND Housh AND Ocho Psycho AND Chris Henry...... this is a FAR more dangerous game than the Detroit one. It's totally insane to me that we're ten point favorites.
I agree completely. We should beat Cincy. But the question is always will we come out firing on all cylinders, and will (or can) we be consistent all game?

Three-in-a-row is a precarious position for Texans fans, simply because we've never done it in 7 seasons, and we tend to play down to opponents who we should dominate.
Old 10-22-2008   #17
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

It will be a sad day in the NFL when Chad Ocho Cinco retires. That guy is a comedic genius.
Old 10-22-2008   #18
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
It will be a sad day in the NFL when Chad Ocho Cinco retires. That guy is a comedic genius.
He's prolly gonna go to one of the TV networks... wouldn't doubt it.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I agree completely. We should beat Cincy. But the question is always will we come out firing on all cylinders, and will (or can) we be consistent all game?

Three-in-a-row is a precarious position for Texans fans, simply because we've never done it in 7 seasons, and we tend to play down to opponents who we should dominate.
I think Kubiak's analysis in his presser wasn't just talking up your opponents:

Quote:
(on the team talking about how the Bengals are 0-7 but they’re not really an 0-7 team) “No, all you’ve got to do is look at their offense and who’ve they’ve played. In seven games, they’ve played the top four defenses in football. They’ve played Tennessee, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and the Giants. Those defenses can make a lot of people struggle, and then defensively, they’ve been on the field more than anybody in football. They’re still ranked I think 16th. They’re holding up. They do a lot of things. This organization never beat that team. So, we’ve got our work cut out for us. We’ll have to play well, better than we did last week.”
And the Texans defense is dog turd. Who can feel comfortable with the Texans secondary covering any team in the league, much less one that has two good receivers? The Bengals maybe.
Old 10-22-2008   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
You've got to be kidding me. He isn't comedy at all. He is nothing but a clown and an embarrassment to the Bengals. Hopefully they don't ever give that fool a job. It sure as hell didn't work out when they hired Irvin did it?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read