Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Yahoo preview:Cincinnati (0-7) at Houston (2-4)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview;...026034&prov=ap

Quote:
The winless Cincinnati Bengals could be missing their starting quarterback for the remainder of 2008, and already will be without their top draft pick for the rest of the season.

Oddly enough, their best chance to finally break into the win column could be coming up on Sunday when the Bengals head to Reliant Stadium looking for their fourth consecutive victory over the Houston Texans.

With a 38-10 loss to Pittsburgh last week, Cincinnati (0-7) remained winless through seven games for the fifth time since 1991. No other team has experienced that kind of futility more than twice in that span.

“It’s tough to be in this position,” said Pro Bowl receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh. “But you just have to have some pride. That’s it, bottom line. If you have pride in yourself, things should turn out better than what it looks like it’s going to be.”
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Yahoo preview:Cincinnati (0-7) at Houston (2-4)

One more factor X'ed out for the game--------TE Kellen Winslow (1 game suspension for not knowing when to keep his mouth shut.

G-d help us if we end up losing this one.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Winslow is a Brown.

I know you know that.
Old 10-22-2008   #4
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
One more factor X'ed out for the game--------TE Kellen Winslow (1 game suspension for not knowing when to keep his mouth shut.

G-d help us if we end up losing this one.
Runner beat me to the punch!
Winslow plays for the Browns!

This game could be a trap if we don't "execute"!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang.............another brain fart!!!!!!!!!!!! Feeble-minded also kicked my butt by PM. The strain is killing me.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

We Must pass rush and sack the QB all day long i watched the Bengals/Pitts game and has u know Pitts Blitzed all day long and let fitz play the short pass game all day long has long has they didnt give up the long passes

IF there was a day the Dline and mario needs to step up this would be the game

other then that its obvious a solid running game is the key to victory !!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dang.............another brain fart!!!!!!!!!!!! Feeble-minded also kicked my butt by PM. The strain is killing me.
The strain also must have caused you to turn into crazy girl....(??)

Quote:
Oddly enough, their best chance to finally break into the win column could be coming up on Sunday when the Bengals head to Reliant Stadium looking for their fourth consecutive victory over the Houston Texans.
FAIL!!
Old 10-22-2008   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans can not get their act togeather enough to beat the Bungles, they will have officially become a hopeless team for 2008. I can see how the Texans might lose to the Vikings, as the Vikings offense will have a field day against our defense, but to the Bungles? No way. I honestly believe the Texans will be 3-4 after this Sunday.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Winslow is a Brown.

I know you know that.
Bengals are brownish
Old 10-22-2008   #10
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
We Must pass rush and sack the QB all day long i watched the Bengals/Pitts game and has u know Pitts Blitzed all day long and let fitz play the short pass game all day long has long has they didnt give up the long passes

IF there was a day the Dline and mario needs to step up this would be the game

other then that its obvious a solid running game is the key to victory !!!!
Sounds good in theory but I don't think we have the LB speed to play that kind of game (as is evidence by the 80 yd Cobbs screen.)
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can join me as I'm getting tested for early onset of Alzheimer's. Can't seem to keep or remember anything straight these days. I got to a corner near my home and couldn't remember which way to turn. Hopefully, it's just from getting older.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
You can join me as I'm getting tested for early onset of Alzheimer's. Can't seem to keep or remember anything straight these days. I got to a corner near my home and couldn't remember which way to turn. Hopefully, it's just from getting older.
How about forgetting to put coffee in the filter before adding water and turning it on? Nothing like a filtrered cup of hot water.

I've done this many times. I'm only 38, so I've been blaming my bad memory on all the cold beer consumed.
Old 10-22-2008   #13
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
How about forgetting to put coffee in the filter before adding water and turning it on? Nothing like a filtrered cup of hot water.

I've done this many times. I'm only 38, so I've been blaming my bad memory on all the cold beer consumed.
I usually forget to put the water in, then 20 minutes later I get all pissy because the coffee is all gone
Old 10-22-2008   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I usually forget to put the water in, then 20 minutes later I get all pissy because the coffee is all gone
LMAO! You co-workers must think you're a sandwich short of a picnic.
Old 10-22-2008   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was....well, I remember when I.....there was the time I.......

OK, what were we talking about?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I was....well, I remember when I.....there was the time I.......

OK, what were we talking about?
Uhm, I think.... Oh look, MacGyver is on!!
Old 10-22-2008   #17
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

They said the same when we played the Lions that The Texans are thier best chance for getting a win. I dont see how a team who is 8-3 at home in the past two seasons is their best chance to win..
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Uhm, I think.... Oh look, MacGyver is on!!
How about getting up to go to another room, but forget what you're going in that room for and end up just standing there with the dick look.

I did that last night. I was working on the Son's car, got up from my rolling chair, walked into the house and just stood there in the kitchen trying to figure out why the hell I was there.

Weird huh?
Old 10-22-2008   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
How about getting up to go to another room, but forget what you're going in that room for and end up just standing there with the dick look.

I did that last night. I was working on the Son's car, got up from my rolling chair, walked into the house and just stood there in the kitchen trying to figure out why the hell I was there.

Weird huh?
Thats when they decided to call it a day, and take you back to the nursing home?
Old 10-22-2008   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

You know the last time Cincy came to Houston as a winless team, they handed our butts to us. I hope that we can say that was the previous regime's fault and that this team is better.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read