Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-29-2004   #1
texansfan88
All Pro

Default Houston 10 1/2 point favorites vs. Cleveland

Hope it doesn't get to their head.
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #2
BWPaint
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
Hope it doesn't get to their head.
It's about time....we can use a little of the brashness in the locker room...but it really does not matter, the press will just play it down... and right into our hands for next year...

Last edited by BWPaint; 12-29-2004 at 12:20 AM.
BWPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #3
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

its not a big game but for the fans and i doubt they will even have highlights except on primetime. for the chicago game i didnt see highlights on sportcenter or inside the nfl. is that correct or did i snooze off?

but just cuz we dont get no love from the media is no excuse not to play your hearts out. id like to think they feel good about pleasing the fans and earning their paycheck.
Old 12-29-2004   #4
Harry Biped
Rookie

I'd love to see them win by 10 and 1/2 points. As far as I know that has never been done. LOL! Seriously, the Texans don't have a good record in games like this so I have to say that I'm a little worried about how they will handle it. Everyone is assuming that the Browns have packed it in, but not many are concerned that the Texans have as well. I hope that they don't go out there with the "last day of school" mentality. It would be great to see them finish off the season on a good note.
Harry Biped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #5
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

10 1/2? Well damn,no1 in Vegas will touch that.
Old 12-29-2004   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe a little over compensation after the Jags game when they were
a TD underdog ? I mean, the odds makers miss it by 4 TDs, over reaction might be expected.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #7
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Maybe a little over compensation after the Jags game when they were
a TD underdog ? I mean, the odds makers miss it by 4 TDs, over reaction might be expected.
The oddsmakers didn't necessarily think you guys would lose by a TD. They set the line at what they think will get the most people to bet. If a lot of people had been betting one way or the other, the line would have changed. I bet a lot of poeple won this week by saying the Texans would cover the spread. Hell, I probably would have bet they'd cover the spread if I was a betting man.
jagsfanincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2004   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsfanincanada
The oddsmakers didn't necessarily think you guys would lose by a TD. They set the line at what they think will get the most people to bet. If a lot of people had been betting one way or the other, the line would have changed. I bet a lot of poeple won this week by saying the Texans would cover the spread. Hell, I probably would have bet they'd cover the spread if I was a betting man.
You're right of course when you say the odds makers spread is ultimately set
by the "market". But I was really referring to was the predictions in general which were mostly clustered aound a TD. And by the way, let me congratulate you on your ability to place a successful bet based on hindsight as yours is as good as everyone elses, which is 20-20.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #9
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish they wouldnt do that, every time we have been favored by the point spread I think we have lost, or at least most of the time. We usually respond when we are the underdog. Correct me if Im wrong, but heres hoping for our second shutout in a row.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #10
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Yeesh... being a favorite by that much...

Alright, Texans - you wanted some respect, you just got the oddsmakers to give you the first step of that.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig
I wish they wouldnt do that, every time we have been favored by the point spread I think we have lost, or at least most of the time. We usually respond when we are the underdog. Correct me if Im wrong, but heres hoping for our second shutout in a row.

Beating people when you're supposed to beat people is something they just have to learn to do. You can't get any better if you don't. I think this time the Texans are going to kick some butt and get the win.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #12
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans better be ready to win this one.
The last time I felt this confident about a Texan victory, the Bengals blew us out 38-3.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read