Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-21-2008   #1
BaylrBearBryant
Rookie

Default Cowboys & Phillips

Has Wade got to go?
BaylrBearBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys & Phillips

Nah I think he went before the game.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm more interested in what happens with Richard Smith than I am about the 'Girls problems.
Old 10-21-2008   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

And yet you read this thread AND post in it. Interesting
Old 10-21-2008   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylrBearBryant View Post
Has Wade got to go?
wow. your first and only post on a texans mb is about the cowboys. ...
Old 10-21-2008   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
And yet you read this thread AND post in it. Interesting
Damn right. See, that way I do what I choose to do. Problem?
Old 10-21-2008   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
THAT was the reason for my original response. You're on it, PD.
Old 10-21-2008   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Nah I think he went before the game.
LOL! Maybe that's what stunk up the place?.......Nah, it was the Cowpatties.
Old 10-21-2008   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade has infiltrated the enemy. Now he is exacting damage for all of the Houston Oilers and UH Coogs that hate the 'gurls.
Old 10-21-2008   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll repeat what I repeated elsewhere to cover everything

1) Wade Phillips was another patsy hire after having Parcells. From Jimmy to Parcells they were patsies. I figured Jerry woke up and decided a football man needed to run it when he hired Parcells. They didn't win in the playoffs but they improved talent wise and on the field a great deal. Then he hands the reigns to a guy like Wade instead of creatively going for a guy like Rivera or someone like that. Wade is soft and looks lost at times. He couldn't handle Buffalo and now he is having trouble with more talent and the most pressurized expectations from a club.

2) Leadership. They have none. Individuals. Romo was never cut for the spotlight. Low key guy who is in a high profile position. He tries to laugh it off but now is being quite the puss with his act on the sidelines. His turnovers still happen and you can't get away with it in big games. Ware, Witten, Barber....why aren't they speaking out?No one is really wanting to step up

3) Talent--Yeah they have it but is the defensive talent a falsehood. Sure it is full of top picks but in general they have had trouble stopping teams since mid last season. Injuries hurt but guys like Carpenter, Canty and Spears have done nothing. Spencer too. The secondary is a wreck because 2 rookies are having to play and Jerry gambled with a starting CB instead of sending off a pick for Lito Shepherd or someone.

4) Jerry Jones--The guy is a great owner when it comes to signing players, willingness to take shots on players, running a franchise and being a top guy in the league. He sucks as a pure GM and a football guy. He needs to learn that he got Dallas back on the map with Jimmy. He didn't do it. He needs to find a guy like that and who can inspire a team and pay them.

5) Heart--Take a few of the things above and it adds up to heartless wussies who think they can roll their hats out there and win

As a 30 plus year Cowboy fan I have more respect for the 1-15 1989 team who busted their ass every game compared to this team.
Old 10-21-2008   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post

1) Wade Phillips was another patsy hire after having Parcells. From Jimmy to Parcells they were patsies. I figured Jerry woke up and decided a football man needed to run it when he hired Parcells. They didn't win in the playoffs but they improved talent wise and on the field a great deal. Then he hands the reigns to a guy like Wade instead of creatively going for a guy like Rivera or someone like that. Wade is soft and looks lost at times. He couldn't handle Buffalo and now he is having trouble with more talent and the most pressurized expectations from a club.

2) Leadership. They have none. Individuals. Romo was never cut for the spotlight. Low key guy who is in a high profile position. He tries to laugh it off but now is being quite the puss with his act on the sidelines. His turnovers still happen and you can't get away with it in big games. Ware, Witten, Barber....why aren't they speaking out?No one is really wanting to step up

3) Talent--Yeah they have it but is the defensive talent a falsehood. Sure it is full of top picks but in general they have had trouble stopping teams since mid last season. Injuries hurt but guys like Carpenter, Canty and Spears have done nothing. Spencer too. The secondary is a wreck because 2 rookies are having to play and Jerry gambled with a starting CB instead of sending off a pick for Lito Shepherd or someone.

4) Jerry Jones--The guy is a great owner when it comes to signing players, willingness to take shots on players, running a franchise and being a top guy in the league. He sucks as a pure GM and a football guy. He needs to learn that he got Dallas back on the map with Jimmy. He didn't do it. He needs to find a guy like that and who can inspire a team and pay them.

5) Heart--Take a few of the things above and it adds up to heartless wussies who think they can roll their hats out there and win

As a 30 plus year Cowboy fan I have more respect for the 1-15 1989 team who busted their ass every game compared to this team.
What he said....
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylrBearBryant View Post
Has Wade got to go?

Nope, I hope he stays. The Cowboys are playing really bad under his leadership right now. Therefore I want him to stay and watch them lose on Sundays while TO rips his team apart
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

Nope, I hope he stays. The Cowboys are playing really bad under his leadership right now. Therefore I want him to stay and watch them lose on Sundays while TO rips his team apart
I think you have to know he won't be retained if the team continues to lose. Jerry is so not a patient man. Wade is DONE.
Old 10-21-2008   #14
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like he's staying for the season - http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.37a12f9.html
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #15
WWJD
Hall of Fame

yea Jerry came out after Sunday's game and said he wasn't going to fire him this season.

However that's been said many times by many owners before and the guys end up getting fired.

Personally I don't see any reason to wait. He's done. Gone. If Garrett was already told he's next go ahead and let him have the remaining games. They won't be in the playoffs this year anyway playing the way they have been.

Really can anybody believe anything that Jerry says?
Old 10-21-2008   #16
BaylrBearBryant
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
I've lurked for quite some time. Don't get me wrong my favorite team is the Texans. If I had to pick a second, it'd be the 49ers, but unfortunately since I go to school at Baylor, I'm stuck in Cowboys country. The sports media in Waco all promote the Cowboys. Browsing TexansTalk is one of the few ways I stay current with my team.

With that being said, Parcells and Jerry Jones dominate the radio. I just wanted to get Texans' fans opinions.

Go Texans!
BaylrBearBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post

A very honest assessment............must spread the rep.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #18
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Wade has infiltrated the enemy. Now he is exacting damage for all of the Houston Oilers and UH Coogs that hate the 'gurls.
you know, not everything is a conspiracy.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The Star-Telegraph has come out with an article which lays out many of the points that Cowboys fans and foes have shared on this MB.

There are too many good and important points in this article to try to quote in pieces.

The title brings the facts all together and reflects the indisputable conclusion.......Jerry Jones is outsmarting himself trying to be a football wizard
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The Star-Telegraph has come out with an article which lays out many of the points that Cowboys fans and foes have shared on this MB.

There are too many good and important points in this article to try to quote in pieces.

The title brings the facts all together and reflects the indisputable conclusion.......Jerry Jones is outsmarting himself trying to be a football wizard
Nice article. Thanks for sharing!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read