Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2005   #61
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Whether it's 88 or 98, I can't recall Bruener wearing Armstrong or Peek's number in training camp. Double up numbers are for the scrubs .. that could very well be Tim Brown aka "likes to fight guy," owning Babin.

Thats Bruener. When he came here he had to take 88 because his number of 87 was already taken. If I'm correct, I think he paid Armstrong when he 1st got here to switch numbers.
Old 12-14-2005   #62
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Holy crap! They're gonna start playin' without pads!
PBurn and Coleman hit like they don't have any pads on!

Bobby 119C:brickwall
Old 12-14-2005   #63
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

When Bruener first came to the Texans, Armstrong was #87 and Bruener was #88. After that the two switched Jersey #s. Look back at any of your Madden games but I remember because Armstrong's first TD came against Tenn at Tenn when he was wearing #87.
Old 12-14-2005   #64
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Bringing a thread back from a year and a half ago proves what, exactly?

Babin has been hurt this season. Give him a chance when he's healthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL DRAFT
I am still not impressed with Jason "Spin Move" Babin. One more year, and then we can all make our conclusion.
I agree. I want to give him 3 years as well. But his first 2, hurt or not, have not been impresive.
Old 12-14-2005   #65
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114
Thats Bruener. When he came here he had to take 88 because his number of 87 was already taken. If I'm correct, I think he paid Armstrong when he 1st got here to switch numbers.
I do vaguely remember that. The photo must have been taken early in training camp in '04 since the preseason week 1 gamebook in '04 shows Bruener wearing 87 and Armstrong 88. I do recall Armstrong wearing 87 before that and I also remember Avion Black wearing 88 in '02/'03.
Old 06-19-2008   #66
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Babin picture

3+ years later. Babin has been traded... What a wasted draft.
Old 06-19-2008   #67
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

o...k
Sponsored links
Old 06-19-2008   #68
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
o...k
Just runnin through some old threads. Plus I caught so much hell for starting this thread.

Plus its the dog days of summer. Nothing to talk about.
Old 06-19-2008   #69
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The season is over. Babin is a bust. Fire Casserly. Fire Capers.

Hey, someone had to be the 1st to say it. Now the pressure's off for the rest of the chicken littles.

Lucky....the man who saw THE FUTURE!

Babin a bust? check.
Casserly fired? for all practical purposes that's a check.
Capers fired? check.
2005 season over before it started? check.

Impressive stuff.
Old 06-19-2008   #70
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

AND he named his handle after Mario Williams years before we knew he'd be our number one over all pick in 2006. Dude, so vegasinsider.com has the Texans wins for 2008 at 7.5, should we go over or under?
Old 06-19-2008   #71
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Yall got to find a way to let us know these are old threads man. I didn't realize it til I figured it out by looking at the dates.
Old 06-19-2008   #72
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Yall got to find a way to let us know these are old threads man. I didn't realize it til I figured it out by looking at the dates.
I didn't do it.
Old 06-19-2008   #73
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
At this time of year...you have to look at the date first. We are in football news blackout. Come on training camp!
Old 06-19-2008   #74
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
3+ years later. Babin has been traded... What a wasted draft.
Wow...

No offense, but I think you're an bafoon(couldn't think of a less insulting way to say it).

You started a thread about a player getting "owned" in a PICTURE, where you couldn't see the beginning or the end of the play. Everyone rags on you the whole time and you look for the right time to bring it back up so you can "redeem" yourself and made it look like you knew he was going to be a bust the whole time. Not to mention it was TRAINING CAMP and there was NO PAD and they probably wasn't going 100%.

So what if he didn't bust? What if he became a stud? I bet you would've ditch your old username and switch to a new one because you would be so embarrassed. Oh wait, you already did that... *cough* DC_Rock *cough*. Why did you change from your first username? Were you humiliated from the thread you started? Both time you bought this crap thread back to life, and for what? To gain some credibility? Are you going to change your username back to DC_Rock now? Some people.....
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read