Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-21-2008   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default SEC official collides with S.C. QB

Here's the article with video. Spurrier and the SEC have cleared the official. When you watch the video the ref leans into the guy. If wasn't intentional, why would you lean in? I understand some will say he was bracing for the impact but come on. If your job is to get out the way, you spin out the way or slide out the way, you kind of fall backwards and take a step away, you would not lean into the guy like this. It looks intentional to me. Hard to tell I guess?

Thoughts?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3654428
Old 10-21-2008   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SEC official collides with S.C. QB

Agreed. If I was trying to get out of the way I would lean back not forward and to me what looks like him throwing his shoulder/arm forward.

I think his football instincts took over. :P
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

It blows me away this isn't a bigger story than it is. I'm not calling for congressional hearings or anything, but everytime I see the vid and try and explain it away I'm at a loss. Intellectually I just know it couldn't have been intentional, but.......damn.

Strangest thing I've seen it a looooong time.
Old 10-21-2008   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
It blows me away this isn't a bigger story than it is. I'm not calling for congressional hearings or anything, but everytime I see the vid and try and explain it away I'm at a loss. Intellectually I just know it couldn't have been intentional, but.......damn.

Strangest thing I've seen it a looooong time.
John and Lance have talked about the "forearm shiver" yesterday and today, noting that the ref. was a former linebacker (as the article said). But really Garcia, you better hope no NFL scouts were there to see you being taken out like a punk...
Old 10-21-2008   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

That forearm shiver was deliberate. Whether it was premeditated is another story, but he didn't accidentally raise that elbow. Maybe it was his football instincts taking over, but that sure as hell looked unnecessary to me.

In the end, though .... who cares?
Old 10-21-2008   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That forearm shiver was deliberate. Whether it was premeditated is another story, but he didn't accidentally raise that elbow. Maybe it was his football instincts taking over, but that sure as hell looked unnecessary to me.

In the end, though .... who cares?
Me . If it was deliberate, why then? (retorical) A referee elbows a 'live' player and looks to do it deliberately. That's just strange enough for me to want to know why. Football instincts taking over? That's as good a guess as any, but that doesn't fly.
Old 10-21-2008   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Me . If it was deliberate, why then?
NCAA is rigged. just like the nfl, nba, mlb, etc.
Old 10-21-2008   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

"Personal foul, forearm shiver on errrrr, ummmmmm me."
Old 10-21-2008   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The SC quarterback should just be happy it was not Hocculi that gave him the forearm shiver.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119380 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

LMAO! That's friggin hilarious! It was deliberate too. Whether it was instincts or just pissed, it was deliberate.

Old 10-21-2008   #11
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup, meant to do it. And a nice tackle at that as well, no YAC...get him into our practice squad.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Now THAT'S what's called "giving him the 'business.'"
Old 10-21-2008   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192665 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Looked pretty intentional to me .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #14
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 122253 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care what Spurrier says, that WAS deliberate. There wasn't anything even remotely CLOSE to an evading path taken, the guy advanced-to-contact and made a nice hit.

The whole sequence is like a car wreck - you keep watching it over & over expecting something different, just because it almost defies logic.
Old 10-21-2008   #15
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

The only thing I can think of is he thought the guy was going to head to the corner and moved the wrong dirrection. A clean tackle but he needs to wrap up if he is going to play in the NFL!

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #16
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31401 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Straight up trade for Morlon Greenwood

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read