Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-20-2008   #1
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default Start Making Plans San Antonio (again)

I know it is early and things may change, but as of now (according to my TV guide) the Texans will not be on this Sunday. They are showing the Aints game.

I know I couldn't make it to BWW this last Sunday, but I know I can't go two weeks without seeing the Texans play. So let's see what we can do.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #2
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat
Default Re: Start Making Plans San Antonio (again)

Just as a reminder I dont think they are "pulling" the game. This was supposed to be our Bye week. Things can still chage. If CBS gets one game this week they either get early or late. Lets hope they switch.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4257

then the 506
http://the506.com/nflmaps/
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #3
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I was able to go half with a friend on my Directv and got the game last Sunday for$22 and it was well worth it. I also checked for this weekend and it shows the Saint's game hopefully if not changed I will just purchase it again. Gots to watch my Texans also with BBQ and refreshments. I treat the $ as if I were to go to the game and of course it would cost alot more. Most of the games I would say about 13-14 of them will be on local regional area TV. Though Ike kind of messed up some of the scheduling.
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #4
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

dang it.....well I was craving the parmesan wings from BWW anyway..all right lets go for three. I wll bring poster from the game. we can get pic(proof) for taylor that there are fans in SA. What time is game?
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #5
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover

It is a 3:05 kickoff. But like Texanzgreat said it might change since this was our orginal bye week, so the guide may not be updated yet.
Old 10-21-2008   #6
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texizgreat View Post
Just as a reminder I dont think they are "pulling" the game. This was supposed to be our Bye week. Things can still chage. If CBS gets one game this week they either get early or late. Lets hope they switch.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4257

then the 506
http://the506.com/nflmaps/

You guys should call your local CBS affiliate to be sure and let them know the dealio.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #7
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
You guys should call your local CBS affiliate to be sure and let them know the dealio.
haaahaa that is funny.

Seriously we have tried that, but our local media is not too Texan friendly.

i think we should plan on BWW at dezavala just in case.
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2008   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
haaahaa that is funny.

Seriously we have tried that, but our local media is not too Texan friendly.

i think we should plan on BWW at dezavala just in case.
Yeah, I remember the thread a couple of weeks ago. I hope they are choking on the recent developements in Dallas....lol.
Old 10-22-2008   #9
Texizgreat
Veteran

Well it looks like we may have to meet some where. I get off work at about 3pm on sunday so i will meet you guys and dezavala.
Old 10-22-2008   #10
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Sounds like a plan.
Old 10-23-2008   #11
SOLIS
United We Stand

Rep Power: 21 SOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of Famer

I did Champps last weekend - Although there were only three of us there, we got hooked up w/ a big screen in the back.

If yall are headed out to the BWW at DeZavala, I can add another diehard to the mix. I'll check back and see how much support we can drum up.

Say word.
SOLIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #12
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

we may have to get there early so when Cowboy fan leaves we can get seats
Old 10-24-2008   #13
Texizgreat
Veteran

Save me and wayne a seat..... I may be able to sneek out of work a bit early!.
Old 10-24-2008   #14
Xuldraga
waterboy

I am thinking of joining you guys too. last week I caught the game at the Fox and the Hound, but the majority there were browns fans (go figure). Do you get a good group of Texan fans at BW3?
And we have to keep pressuring KENS 5 because this situation is ridiculous. Anyone have their contact info?
Xuldraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008   #15
V Man
Pumpkinhead

I will be there. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Old 10-24-2008   #16
SOLIS
United We Stand

Rep Power: 21 SOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of FamerSOLIS is a Hall of Famer

I'll be there too. I'll post something on our blog to see if we can get any other SA area fans out to the BWW at DeZavala.

Look forward to seeing yall out there.

Say word.
SOLIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008   #17
Sway
Veteran

Rep Power: 183 Sway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
I know I couldn't make it to BWW this last Sunday, but I know I can't go two weeks without seeing the Texans play. So let's see what we can do.
Yeah, we went to the BWW, and they weren't showing the game! I even called at 11:00 to make sure they would cover it....liars!!!
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008   #18
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me get the record straight here to my Directv subscription in San Antonio and when I just purchased only for one Sunday the Sunday Ticket, this past sunday on the Texan game. I called Directv the day before the game and asked for the Texan game. They explained that it appears to be on but could not really say positively that it would not be a local area telcast. The first agent actually told me that it would not be televised. So what did Directv do for me. They said that they were almost sure that it would play on Sunday Ticket but if it does not they would refund me my fee. They knew that I was just interested in that game for me to purchase it. I got to see the game in all glory and I'm ready to do it again this Sunday with the same arrangement. That's why I'm more prone to purchase it rather than chancing BWW and all those Cowboy fans etc.and still have my buffalo wings and whatever with my friends knowing that I will get it. Who knows maybe after that terrible Cowboy loss at 12pm they decided in poor envious sportsmanship by the bar owners why should the Texans then be on tv. I do know for a fact any bar with Directv and the Sunday Ticket in the San Antonio area could and should have played that game. That should hold true for the Austin area too I believe.
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008   #19
Texizgreat
Veteran

Its a 3pm game there is no reason for them not to show it. Not even going to worry about BWW not showing the game. If 10 people show up in gear the will have no choice, either show the game or loose out on revenue.

BTW people are not eating out as often as they did 3 months ago. The need the money.
Old 10-26-2008   #20
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

I guess I will be there around 2:30 or so to get a seat and hopefully see depressed Cowboy fans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read