Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-27-2004   #1
Txnpride
Veteran

Default Finally A Little Respect.......

On Monday Quarterback earlier this afternnon,The cast was reviewing the Texan Jags game....a few minutes into the piece Ditka stopped the other announcer and said alot of good things about the progress of our team.It was pretty refreshing to hear someone finally giving us a LITTLE love. Ah.......lets keep this train rolling in the right direction....winning feels SOOOO GOOD!!!!See you guys Sunday!!!!!!
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #2
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Funny how Ditka has changed his tune. Before the season started he said we were on the fast track to nowhere. Jump off our wagon Mike, we don't want you.
Old 12-27-2004   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Pffft... ESPN gave our game about 10 seconds of highlights before moving to another. We don't need THEIR respect... we'll make our own.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #4
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
Pffft... ESPN gave our game about 10 seconds of highlights before moving to another. We don't need THEIR respect... we'll make our own.
Yea, I saw that too. Pretty piss poor if you ask me.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #5
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Have the Texans won the game that gets them to the playoffs or won a playoff game? Until these things start to happen reporters and journalists are giong to be apprehensive about giving the Texans respect. I am resolved to sit back and watch the Texans grow. I believe once we start winning "big" games the respect will come flowing in like it has for the Chargers.
Old 12-28-2004   #6
DreamCatcher
Rookie

The way the Texans are finishing the season is a source of hope,the Texans need a little more quality adding to the ranks and they will start taking bigger scalps.
Old 12-28-2004   #7
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

Quote:

Yes I agree.
Old 12-28-2004   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Well they are kind of focused on playoff teams around this time. It is only natural. As for earlier in the season, well we have to start winning consistently for them to give more time for us.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #9
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Its ok people...its a Houston team,we never get respect. But like it was said,we'll just have to make our own respect.
Old 12-28-2004   #10
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
I think he also said we wouldn't win no more than 4 games.

haha your right i remember watching that show where he said that and it got me so mad, funny how sprts writers change their opinions, and dont seem to remember what they had said before ! just makes him look ignorant !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #11
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

maybe the Texans will get some respect if they win the super bowl.. just a thought.. idk next year,... next year

Last edited by TheTim5125; 12-29-2004 at 12:05 AM. Reason: mistake
TheTim5125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #12
BigJerN641

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz
Have the Texans won the game that gets them to the playoffs or won a playoff game? Until these things start to happen reporters and journalists are giong to be apprehensive about giving the Texans respect. I am resolved to sit back and watch the Texans grow. I believe once we start winning "big" games the respect will come flowing in like it has for the Chargers.
As long as our guys stay into these games and stay focused, They are going to be reckoned with! This team has a lot of something that most teams don't. That is heart and character, ok, maybe one more lineman! I say, do with what you've got...Keep the confidense and go.go.go.
Old 12-29-2004   #13
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTim5125
maybe the Texans will get some respect if they win the super bowl.. just a thought.. idk next year,... next year
Winning a championship (hell, 2 championships) never got the Rockets any respect.

I've always felt that the teams in Houston never got any respect. Then again, I don't see the Browns or the Cardinals lighting up the highlight reels on ESPN. Give it time and it will come, but really, who cares. As long as we are happy with the progress than that is all that matters.
Txn_in_Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #14
BWPaint
Rookie

Quote:
I dont want their respect....I don't want their blessings...I want anything from them...

The North Eastern media never HAS or WILL care about Texas....or any frickin footaball team from TEXAS!!!!!....get REAL PEOPLE!!!!...the Gods from the NORTHEAST think their "you-know-what" does not stink.

WE COULD WIN THE SUPER BOWL and they would have 3 minutes on the Today show in the morning.....

...remember the Astros Run? Give me a BREAK!

So stop trying to fool yourselves or get some type of pleasure out of it...it will not happen....even if you WIN the frincking Super Bowl.

ESPN is one of the worst and most biases organizations around.

If you are not from the NE you are not anything...

So they can take their show and shovel it up into a dark dark place...

Leave US ALONE!!!! SCREW ESPN

Last edited by BWPaint; 12-29-2004 at 03:26 AM.
BWPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #15
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Can I get an AMEN for BWpaint!!!
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #16
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Yeah, no one cares about teams from texas. Please, give it a rest. I am sick of having to see and hear about the cowboys and the mavericks all day long. And this is coming from the almoghty white man up north. Get off the respect thing, we hear plenty about you texans and your sports teams.
Youngstown Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #17
Txnpride
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
Yeah, no one cares about teams from texas. Please, give it a rest. I am sick of having to see and hear about the cowboys and the mavericks all day long. And this is coming from the almoghty white man up north. Get off the respect thing, we hear plenty about you texans and your sports teams.
So after the season Peyton is having.....and the Colts crash in the playoffs again this year and everybody starts saying Peyton CANT win the big game, Mr. Almoghty (whatever that is).What will be response to his critics?
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read