Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2008   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default you got to be kidding me(defense)

we had the ball for 20 minutes longer than detroit and they still score 21. if it wasnt for our offense controlling the clock for over 40 minutes the detroit lions would of put up 30 on our defense.(the freaking detroit lions who just traded roy williams and had there starting qb out.)

if we are gonna give up the big play anyway we might as well start being aggresive and create a few turnovers. this defense is not good. something needs to be done.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: you got to be kidding me(defense)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
we had the ball for 20 minutes longer than detroit and they still score 21. if it wasnt for our offense controlling the clock for over 40 minutes the detroit lions would of put up 30 on our defense.(the freaking detroit lions who just traded roy williams and had there starting qb out.)

if we are gonna give up the big play anyway we might as well start being aggresive and create a few turnovers. this defense is not good. something needs to be done.
I think we all know what needs to be done as a first step, and it's not going to happen until after the season.
Old 10-20-2008   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I think we all know what needs to be done as a first step, and it's not going to happen until after the season.
Unfortunately, that's probably true.

To the defenses credit, most of the Lions offensive production came off a worthless 2nd half hail mary to CJ, and a huge 96 yard reception. Excluding those, the defense played decent. They still have many problems, though.

P.S. - WHY are we still seeing Petey in single coverage against fast WRs??
Old 10-20-2008   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Oww, quit it.

Oww, quit it.

Oww, quit it.

Oww, quit it.

Oww, quit it.

Oww, quit it.

Oww, quit it.

Oww, quit it.

etc.
Old 10-20-2008   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Unfortunately, that's probably true.

To the defenses credit, most of the Lions offensive production came off a worthless 2nd half hail mary to CJ, and a huge 96 yard reception. Excluding those, the defense played decent. They still have many problems, though.

It may even be worst than that. Judging by what Kubiak said, we were in a quarter-quarter half coverage. So Petey is supposed to cover deep with two other guys. How he let the WR get passed him I have no idea. I would think the corner would line up in a fashion to make sure the WR doesn't get passed him in that coverage, yet Petey is lining up 2 yards off the line of scrimmage.

Our positioning and movement before the snap on defense seems to be particularly bad.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #6
Polo

I believe Harrison busted on that play...
Old 10-20-2008   #7
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

blah blah blah we won! The b**ching will never stop until we are undeafeated and win the super bowl, guess i just have to get use to it. But come on we won 2 in a row and A LOT of people are still complaining as much as when we were 0-4.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2008   #8
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
blah blah blah we won! The b**ching will never stop until we are undeafeated and win the super bowl, guess i just have to get use to it. But come on we won 2 in a row and A LOT of people are still complaining as much as when we were 0-4.
That's because this defense has real problems.

The problem stems from a DC that does not know what he is doing. We will never have the players we need until this DC is gone. We will not be able to play at the next level until this DC is gone. I will continue to ***** until the day this defense is fixed, and that will be after Richard "Cupcake" Smith is on the street looking for a job.
Old 10-20-2008   #9
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Our positioning and movement before the snap on defense seems to be particularly bad.
This is one thing about our D that really stands out to me. We seem to be easily confused in assigments and alignments particularly when there is alot of crowd noise.

This team has a real problem with situational awareness, and it is not confined to the defensive side of the ball. It is there in all three phases as well as in overall game management.
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #10
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That won't stop bitching! Theres always something to pick holes in!
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #11
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
off course we won. we were playing detroit at home and we have one of the best offenses in the league. but we will never be undeafeated and win the super bowl with our defense playing like it is. now we can start fixing it now or we can wait till we lose then worry about it. hopefully our coaches will be proactive and do something now rather than being reactive and wait.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #12
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
eh, Harrison was playing in the box, and Demps had the deep middle not the hash to sideline coverage. That quarter of the field was solely petey's responsibility. He should have been lined up about 7 yards off not playing on the line. Dumb move by petey. Dumber move by Dick to get him into that situation
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
this is a forum for football fans breaking down their thoughts on the team, good, bad and ugly. Heck, sometimes you actually learn a bit of football from all these mean guys discussing the problems on the field. This isn't texanspeprally.com where we are all required to just say yay teem, ur da bestest! You do that for your kids in pop warner football.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
FWIW

Quote:
(on if CB DeMarcus Faggins had single coverage on WR Calvin Johnson) “We were in quarter-quarter-half, so he should be back there in the deep quarter of the field. It’s inexcusable. But that’s not his fault, that’s our fault as coaches. It’s our fault as coaches to not get the player to not do his job in that situation. We’ll get him right and we’ve got to clean that up.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4770
Old 10-20-2008   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
eh, Harrison was playing in the box, and Demps had the deep middle not the hash to sideline coverage. That quarter of the field was solely petey's responsibility. He should have been lined up about 7 yards off not playing on the line. Dumb move by petey. Dumber move by Dick to get him into that situation
The coaches were jumping Harrison right after that play and he was pulled from the next series....I think he had some issues on that play from what I saw. Probably multiple breakdowns though.

Old 10-20-2008   #16
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The coaches were jumping Harrison right after that play and he was pulled from the next series....I think he had some issues on that play from what I saw. Probably multiple breakdowns.
He's been having a lot of issues so far. I've seen a few good things from him, but this is the second big play where he blew his assignment.
Old 10-20-2008   #17
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
this is a forum for football fans breaking down their thoughts on the team, good, bad and ugly. Heck, sometimes you actually learn a bit of football from all these mean guys discussing the problems on the field. This isn't texanspeprally.com where we are all required to just say yay teem, ur da bestest! You do that for your kids in pop warner football.
I understand this but I am saying I am suprised that I see almost just as much complaining as when we lost 4 in a row.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #18
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The coaches were jumping Harrison right after that play and he was pulled from the next series....I think he had some issues on that play from what I saw. Probably multiple breakdowns though.
good to know. Maybe they said "if you see CJ line up on pokey I mean Petey then drop back into cover 2" just a thought. I didnt see Harrison get jumped. I was behind live TV and was fast forwarding between plays to catch up.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
good to know. Maybe they said "if you see CJ line up on pokey I mean Petey then drop back into cover 2" just a thought. I didnt see Harrison get jumped. I was behind live TV and was fast forwarding between plays to catch up.
I was on the 50 yard line with binoculars.

Old 10-20-2008   #20
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My bad in a different post, I thought it was Demps that blew the assignment. So it was Harrison's fault.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read