Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2008   #1
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Phase Two of the Texans... The new era

It is finally here. We have made it to the next level of competitiveness. We can officially beat any team. I'm not saying we will, I'm saying, as a franchise, we are good enough that if we play well, and are coached well during the game, we could beat anybody.

This is a first for this franchise and a first for us as fans of this team.

No longer are we "trying to turn this thing around". The ship is righted. We're not as good as we could be but we are out of the "no wake zone". The motor is in the water. We can look at any game on the schedule and say, we have the tools to beat this team.

Think about all the bickering in the last two weeks... how proud are we of this team? how high are our expectations? This team is good. We know it, they know it. Erik Winston's quotes from yesterday are enough to make you want to stay for the whole fu(king game!!!! This team thinks they are capable of beating anyone. They are right.

welcome to the next phase. the phase where we belong on the field ever sunday.

Go Texans
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #2
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Phase Two of the Texans... The new era

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
It is finally here. We have made it to the next level of competitiveness. We can officially beat any team. I'm not saying we will, I'm saying, as a franchise, we are good enough that if we play well, and are coached well during the game, we could beat anybody.

This is a first for this franchise and a first for us as fans of this team.

No longer are we "trying to turn this thing around". The ship is righted. We're not as good as we could be but we are out of the "no wake zone". The motor is in the water. We can look at any game on the schedule and say, we have the tools to beat this team.

Think about all the bickering in the last two weeks... how proud are we of this team? how high are our expectations? This team is good. We know it, they know it. Erik Winston's quotes from yesterday are enough to make you want to stay for the whole fu(king game!!!! This team thinks they are capable of beating anyone. They are right.

welcome to the next phase. the phase where we belong on the field ever sunday.

Go Texans
I agree, once we stop playing guys who have no talent in our secondary. The Lions had alot of open lanes, and just missed open guys. Bad CB's+bad Safties= Lose.
Old 10-20-2008   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

No. Weaver's gotta go. Greenwood's gotta go. And until I see improvement, we're going to be drafting another QB in 2010. Which means we'll be rebuilding once again. Some where out there Warren Moon and David Craig are smiling at another QB to snatch the QB fumbling record from them.
Old 10-20-2008   #4
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
No. Weaver's gotta go. Greenwood's gotta go. And until I see improvement, we're going to be drafting another QB in 2010. Which means we'll be rebuilding once again. Some where out there Warren Moon and David Craig are smiling at another QB to snatch the QB fumbling record from them.
Im not happy with his fumbles, but I liked what the offense showed. I know its a bad team, but they brought a beat down. Add guard and center to the list.
Old 10-20-2008   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156516 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We aren't good enough to beat a quality team unless they are having a bad day. We are good enough to beat bad teams and other mediocre teams such as ourselves though.

This team has to far many holes in the defense to compete on a higher level. The offense though is probably one lineman and a RB short of keeping up with the best in the league.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #6
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
This is precisely the reason I can't let go of the Indy game. The knock on the Texans is the team's beneficent instinct in crunch time. They simply cannot close out games with the same intensity that they play with when the game is close. That weakness is compounded given the difficulty of the division. If you get a saavy team like the Colts pinned on your home turf, you have to string em up, slit the jugular vein, and bleed em out. If you have a chance to win a road game against the Jags by simply stopping their quarterback from running the ball down your throat in the fourth quarter, you make the adjustments and close out the game. Until the Texans show me this, I will consider them the underdog every Sunday.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #7
Polo

Texans offense will never be elite with the QB's turning it over so much.
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2008   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

......iam sorry but we are not there yet we still have many problem with are team that iam sure u all know about

yea we can go aganist anytime but if we face elite teams are chances of winning are MUCHHH MUCHH lower
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
That's really the long and short of it right there.
Old 10-20-2008   #10
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
just as an example as he is held up by many to be "elite", Tony Romo has been intercepted 5 times and MS has been picked 7 times. Romo has fumbled 6 times and lost 3 of them, which is exactly the same as MS.

odd to me that Schaub is hacked on by some for his turnovers, and yet Romo has virtually the same, and on a better team?

I don't know. It's hard to make everyone happy, but I do know I am happy that some on this MB are not in charge of our football team.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Along with that, we couldn't beat Pitts or Tenn to save our lives right now.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
just as an example as he is held up by many to be "elite", Tony Romo has been intercepted 5 times and MS has been picked 7 times. Romo has fumbled 6 times and lost 3 of them, which is exactly the same as MS.

odd to me that Schaub is hacked on by some for his turnovers, and yet Romo has virtually the same, and on a better team?

I don't know. It's hard to make everyone happy, but I do know I am happy that some on this MB are not in charge of our football team.
Would you say Dallas has more talent than the Texans? Would you say Dallas has lived up to expectations to this point? Funny how turnovers can kill any team, huh?

Romo's #1 criticism is dumb mistakes. When the team wins, that criticism gets overlooked to a point. See the board today as evidence of that. Instead of pointing out what an idiotic fumble that was by Schaub, we're all talking about the win, and what we can do the rest of the season. The fact that we won doesn't make that fumble any less stupid - it just gets ignored. Moreover, we don't care about Romo on this forum
Old 10-20-2008   #13
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
...or until your o-line can consistently give you the push to make a first down on third and fourth and short.

The Texans team will never truely turn the corner until they have a defense that is in, or close to, the top half of the league. If this defense were almost average, we could compete for a play-off spot.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #14
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post

LOL @ you not paying attention...

No one compared Matt Schaub to Tony Romo and no one compared The Texans to the Cowboys except you...

I said the Texans Offense (meaning the whole offense and not one person) will never be "elite" if the QB's (again, not one person's name is mentioned) keep turning it over so much.

And...

Some offenses can funtion with high turnovers because of their defense and/or they are a "passing team". We are neither.

I'm glad you aren't the coach if you think that our offense can be elite with so many turnovers from our QB's. Really glad.
Old 10-20-2008   #15
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Too bad that has already happend!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #16
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 26 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Seconded. Schaub does not value the ball and there were atleast 2 balls he forced to the WR that would have been picked against a good team.

I am happy the team won, but after the game I felt like the team only "didn't lose", if that makes any sense.

Tell me exactly how this "era" is any different than the 7-9 year as far as results. We are finding ways to lose and we our wins are short of convincing.

I am not going to put the blame all on Schaub, Kubiak or the defense. The entire package just isn't there yet to be considered a great team. We are just trying to climb our way into mediocre now.
Old 10-20-2008   #17
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
When the team wins, that criticism gets overlooked to a point. See the board today as evidence of that. Instead of pointing out what an idiotic fumble that was by Schaub, we're all talking about the win, and what we can do the rest of the season. The fact that we won doesn't make that fumble any less stupid - it just gets ignored. Moreover, we don't care about Romo on this forum
Speaking for myself only, this was one of the least satisfying games of the year. I think the Texans played better against the Jags and Colts than the Lions. The two wins don't exactly fill me with contentment because the team still needs improvement in multiple facets of the game.

Three points of exasperation:

1. The Schaub fumble -- another dumb mental mistake that cost the team valuable points

2. The TD to Megatron --no explanation needed. Petey Faggins solo? Really, Dick?

3. The fourth down call -- it worked and the Texans scored the TD, but Kubiak has to be smarter. That was just dumb. Take the points next time.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
This is precisely the reason I can't let go of the Indy game. The knock on the Texans is the team's beneficent instinct in crunch time. They simply cannot close out games with the same intensity that they play with when the game is close. That weakness is compounded given the difficulty of the division. If you get a saavy team like the Colts pinned on your home turf, you have to string em up, slit the jugular vein, and bleed em out. If you have a chance to win a road game against the Jags by simply stopping their quarterback from running the ball down your throat in the fourth quarter, you make the adjustments and close out the game. Until the Texans show me this, I will consider them the underdog every Sunday.
I don't think that we're an under dog every single week. Most weeks, but I considered the Lions to be the under dog in this game and I think that Cinci is the under dog this week as well. I also think that we should have 3 wins now and possibly 4 if not for some of those poor calls on Kubiak's part in the Jacksonville game. I really believe that this team should have 4 wins, which really wouldn't be that bad when considering how we would have a better record than the Chargers surprisingly.

The offense is playing at a high level finally. The O line is blocking better, and if we can consistently get the ball to Johnson then we can move the ball period.

However, I just don't see Kubiak being able to take this team to the next level past this. I think he is a good enough coach to have us as a mediocre team that can compete with just about any team, but not beat just about any team if that makes sense. Kubiak and Smith have brought in a ton of defensive players to replace what was here when they came in and the defensive coaches continue to make bad calls. Kubiak needs to to something with SMith in my opinion since Smith continues to have certain players in bad positions making our D vulnerable.

However though, 2 wins in a row now and I think that we will beat Cinci next week.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #19
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Too bad that has already happend!
LOL...You think our offense is elite?

I've still yet to see Matt Schaub play at a high level (start to finish) against a dominant defense...

And even if I give you the Jags game from this yr. (I wouldn't consider their defense to be all that intimidating at this point) that'd bring his good performances against good defenses to a grand total of 1...

Let me see Matt Schaub perform against Baltimore, the Titans or any other defense good at applying pressure...until then it's a milestone he's yet to pass...
Old 10-20-2008   #20
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry, no koolaid yet.

Thank You.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read