Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2004   #21
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun30
Actually the Punter Craig Hentrich hit that field goal......see link or the line from the box score below......

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo..._boxscore.html

TEN FG, Craig Hentrich 50 Yd FG 0:00 Broncos 24-16
WOW, your right, i thought it was Anderson...Thanks for the info....I guess i was wrong
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004   #22
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Again the O-line probably has had something to do with it to. I think a lot that has been happening goes back to the same point of origin. If you feel pressure to get it off quickly it does affect your timing.................
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004   #23
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

if you want a kicker, you draft Nugent from Ohio State, he can make the 50 plus kicks all day
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004   #24
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i still like kris brown as our kicker, he has just had a rough season !!!!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004   #25
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone is going to have a down season sooner or later. Good thing Kris got it over with this year. He'll be back on track next season.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005   #26
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Don't anyone tell Lindsay, but "Nugent for Texans!"
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #27
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Brown kicks a kickoff into the stands and Stanley gets the nickname Shank-ley. Rough end to the season for our kickers...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2005   #28
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

I was watching Brown warm up for the second half. Of the three I saw him kick, he kick two of them just like the kick to open the second half.

If you play golf, have you ever had your swing totally leave you, that is what his kicks look like. Either that or he has some kind of leg injury.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #29
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Another shank by our punter. Hopefully they'll be looking to upgrade P and K this offseason.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #30
mulpwr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
they were boing because Brown accepted the Texans offer instead of the Steelers. Fans were boing him for missing FG's at the Ketchup Bottle in the 1st year. Come to find out, quality kickers like Viniterri were missing them just as well.

I don't think most Steeler fans minded that he left since missing 14 field goals in a year is a prerequisite to disliking a kicker. He single handily lost the Ravens game in 2001 by missing field goals of 41,33,48,35 which the Steelers lost 13 to 10.
mulpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #31
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

The Steelers replaced him with a kicker (Todd Petersoen)that hit 57.1% before having to replace him with Jeff Reed during the season. I bet that made you feel good.

How about in 2003 when Jeff Reed had his first full season and kicked 71.9% while Kris Brown went 81.8% for the Texans? That made you look smart.

No wonder the Steelers hate him.

This year Kris has been injured and they don't have a replacement. Jeff Reed was 84.8% while Kris struggled at 70.8%.

I think we are fine when Kris comes back healthy.
Old 01-04-2005   #32
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
I would wipe out December... we'll at least give it less weight. Being in Chicago and Jax with the cold and / or wind swirling probably didn't help his ability.

Flip side - he'd better work on it as we may need that late FG next season for the push into the playoffs.
He was injured from Indy on.

Stanley was hurt almost all season :-/
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005   #33
mulpwr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
The Steelers replaced him with a kicker (Todd Petersoen)that hit 57.1% before having to replace him with Jeff Reed during the season. I bet that made you feel good.

How about in 2003 when Jeff Reed had his first full season and kicked 71.9% while Kris Brown went 81.8% for the Texans? That made you look smart.

No wonder the Steelers hate him.

This year Kris has been injured and they don't have a replacement. Jeff Reed was 84.8% while Kris struggled at 70.8%.

I think we are fine when Kris comes back healthy.

Jeef Reed had a hip injury he played with in 2003 that affected his kicking. He had offseason surgery and now is kicking much better and has made 17 in a row.

The Steeler fans hate him for the reason i stated, not because of Brown leaving. They were happy to see him go.
mulpwr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read