Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-29-2004   #1
fresno8
Veteran

Question Kris Brown

What do you guys think of Kris Brown? He started off great and has slumped lately. He has missed some opening drive field goals that have cost us points on our first drive and it looks like we have a hard time rebounding from that. What are your guy's thoughts on him? He has a strong leg. It seems to me that he doesn't look comfortable kicking right now.
Here are his stats from this year and last by month

sept 7-10 oct 1-1 nov 7-8 dec 3-3 total 18-22

sept 6-6 oct 7-8 nov 3-7 dec 1-3 total 17-24
fresno8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #2
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

he is no stud, but he is above average. will make most of the kicks he is supposed to and occasionly hit the pressure or distance kick, but i wouldn't want a game to rest on his leg from more than 45 yards.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I would wipe out December... we'll at least give it less weight. Being in Chicago and Jax with the cold and / or wind swirling probably didn't help his ability.

Flip side - he'd better work on it as we may need that late FG next season for the push into the playoffs.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #4
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What happened to our kickers?

Has anyone noticed how terrible our kickers have been this year?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #5
Bayern
Veteran

Yeah I have actually. Well..... the second half of the season anyway, they haven't looked incredibly accurate. Brown got stuffed by the Jags and missed one (or two?) against the Bears. Anything else in recent history?

Stanley looked terrible in Chicago.... but then again it was Chicago.
Bayern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #6
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayern
Stanley looked terrible in Chicago.... but then again it was Chicago.
I dont blame Stanley for that game because the football must of felt like a block of ice...

Brown was great for the first part of the season but after, I think, the first Jags game, he has been really bad...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #7
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Ah, not too bad... just a kick or so off his normal pace.

Quote:
Year Team G 1-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50+ Tot Lg Blk Pct XP XPG Pct
1999 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 2-2 5-5 9-10 8-11 1-1 25-29 51 1 86.2 30-31 30 96.8
2000 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 1-1 8-8 9-10 6-9 1-2 25-30 52 0 83.3 32-33 32 97.0
2001 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 0-0 7-7 15-20 6-15 2-2 30-44 55 0 68.2 34-37 34 91.9
2002 Houston Texans 16 0-1 3-3 1-1 11-14 2-5 17-24 51 2 70.8 20-20 20 100.0
2003 Houston Texans 16 1-1 3-3 8-8 5-6 1-4 18-22 50 0 81.8 27-27 27 100.0
2004 Houston Texans 15 0-0 7-7 3-5 6-9 1-3 17-24 50 2 70.8 32-32 32 100.0
TOTAL 95 4-5 33-33 45-54 42-64 8-17 132-173 55 5 76.3 175-180 175 97.2
Kris Bown stats

Interesting he had quite a bit more attemps for the Steelers though.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2004   #8
Doom Capers
Veteran

Man, those people in Pitt hate Kris Brown. When I was there for the pre season game he was booed and yelled at. It was pretty bad. But once I heard why they were booing, I guess I understand why.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting your bell rung BIG TIME, and suffering from a hip injury, just might account for a couple missed FGs!

Don't count K. Brown out until he screws up when he is completely healthy. Kris plays with the heart, soul, and passion that everyone wants from any player on their team. He's more than just a kicker! He plays hard and is not afraid to make a hit when he has too.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #10
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Agreed Sandy.
How quickly everyone forgets what he went thru earlier in the season!
Instead of attacking him, give him a little compassion.
His enthusiasm for the game always shows, and he gives everything he's got.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004   #11
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
Man, those people in Pitt hate Kris Brown. When I was there for the pre season game he was booed and yelled at. It was pretty bad. But once I heard why they were booing, I guess I understand why.
I missed that one, why were they booing????
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004   #12
SESupergenius

they were boing because Brown accepted the Texans offer instead of the Steelers. Fans were boing him for missing FG's at the Ketchup Bottle in the 1st year. Come to find out, quality kickers like Viniterri were missing them just as well.
Old 12-30-2004   #13
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
they were boing because Brown accepted the Texans offer instead of the Steelers. Fans were boing him for missing FG's at the Ketchup Bottle in the 1st year. Come to find out, quality kickers like Viniterri were missing them just as well.
OHHH ok thanks for the info...
Old 12-30-2004   #14
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems like Stanley and Brown have at least one shank a game.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004   #15
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

You know who i like as a kicker??? Gary Anderson of the Titans...That dude can easily nail a 50 yarder...
Old 12-30-2004   #16
Shotgun30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8
You know who i like as a kicker??? Gary Anderson of the Titans...That dude can easily nail a 50 yarder...
What are you talking about.....Anderson has tried one 50 plus yard field goal this year and he missed it.....and Anderson is a lifetime 12 for 40 at 50 plus yard field goals

Kris Brown is 1 for 3 from 50 yards plus this year and is 8 for 17 lifetime.
Shotgun30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004   #17
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun30
What are you talking about.....Anderson has tried one 50 plus yard field goal this year and he missed it.....and Anderson is a lifetime 12 for 40 at 50 plus yard field goals

Kris Brown is 1 for 3 from 50 yards plus this year and is 8 for 17 lifetime.
No during the Titans/bronchos game he got a 50 yarder....
Old 12-30-2004   #18
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

I thought he was better then that, maybe i was wrong....just upset Kris brown missed alot of our important Field goals like the one that was a 20 yarder in the Packers game...
Old 12-30-2004   #19
Shotgun30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8
No during the Titans/bronchos game he got a 50 yarder....
Actually the Punter Craig Hentrich hit that field goal......see link or the line from the box score below......

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo..._boxscore.html

TEN FG, Craig Hentrich 50 Yd FG 0:00 Broncos 24-16
Shotgun30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004   #20
rhc564
Veteran

Default Long Snapper

...several snaps to holder have been high or off target, which greatly
affects the kicker because timing between the three is crucial, easily
contributing to a miss
rhc564 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read