Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2008   #1
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Remember that rookie qb from Harvard?

I know, I know... We have had a rough time this year as fans. Mainly from our homefield chokefest when the Colts came to town.

But remember in November 2005 when we played the St. Louis Rams at our house? It was the origin for our Texans' late game giveaways.

Jaime Martin was the starting qb for the Rams that day and was knocked out of the game. Then strolled in a 7th round rookie qb out of Harvard, Ryan Fitzpatrick, to take the helm in a certain Texans rout of the Rams. It would be the home team's 2nd win in 11 games. I think the score was 24-3 after the half.

I could ramble all day about the horrific events that unfolded afterward. But I am no journalist and well, it's a game that I have tried to forget. Basically he came in and mounted a comeback that included scoring a td and field goal with less than 45 seconds left to play in regulation to knot the game up and send it into OT. Fitzpatrick also slammed the door shut when he hit Kevin Curtis for a 50-something yard td pass, causing a Texan's sudden death loss.

It is now October 2008 and Fitzpatrick is leading the winless Bengals into town this Sunday. Do not think that the national or local media has forgotten about this. I am sure it will be mentioned several times before and during the game.

For God's sake Texans Defense... PLEASE pay this guy back.

I know things have been tough this year, but you owe this one to your loyal fans. We deserve nothing less than at least a couple of picks and a couple of sacks.

PLEASE pressure this guy ALL DAMN DAY LONG. Go out and grab that win back for us. We deserve it and so do you!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Remember that rookie qb from Harvard?

That's it. We're gonna lose.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
That's it. We're gonna lose.
No we won't. Think positive. It's time for a little payback (even though I don't think there's more than a handful of Texans from that team left).

I saw this guy again yesterday against the Steelers for a bit and he is infinitely mortal. If the Texans lose to the Bungles Sunday they need look no further than the mirror for the person to blame.

On a side note am I the only person who hates playing winless teams. It's like the pressure is doubled on our team trying not to be the first ones to lose to those guys and at the same time the winless teams kind of get into this loose, anything goes "zone" where they're so hungry for a win they'll try anything. I sure wish the Bungles had found a way to beat somebody by now. Like the Loins I think they're going to be very dangerous Sunday.
Old 10-20-2008   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

What happened to Carson Palmer? That elbow problem?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I know, I know... We have had a rough time this year as fans. Mainly from our homefield chokefest when the Colts came to town.

But remember in November 2005 when we played the St. Louis Rams at our house? It was the origin for our Texans' late game giveaways.

Jaime Martin was the starting qb for the Rams that day and was knocked out of the game. Then strolled in a 7th round rookie qb out of Harvard, Ryan Fitzpatrick, to take the helm in a certain Texans rout of the Rams. It would be the home team's 2nd win in 11 games. I think the score was 24-3 after the half.

I could ramble all day about the horrific events that unfolded afterward. But I am no journalist and well, it's a game that I have tried to forget. Basically he came in and mounted a comeback that included scoring a td and field goal with less than 45 seconds left to play in regulation to knot the game up and send it into OT. Fitzpatrick also slammed the door shut when he hit Kevin Curtis for a 50-something yard td pass, causing a Texan's sudden death loss.

It is now October 2008 and Fitzpatrick is leading the winless Bengals into town this Sunday. Do not think that the national or local media has forgotten about this. I am sure it will be mentioned several times before and during the game.

I know things have been tough this year, but you owe this one to your loyal fans. We deserve nothing less than at least a couple of picks and a couple of sacks.

PLEASE pressure this guy ALL DAMN DAY LONG. Go out and grab that win back for us. We deserve it and so do you!
That's great. Just awesome.. Shaft just shafted us by bringing up that old abomination.. Thanks man. Way to start my week off on a positive note...

Geeeeeeeeez!!!
Old 10-20-2008   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
What happened to Carson Palmer? That elbow problem?
Yup. Peter King says he's pretty much done for the year.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Yup. Peter King says he's pretty much done for the year.
Thanks. Too bad..if I'm remembering right he had some horrible knee problem as well not long ago.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2008   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

he's small & has a hard time seeing lanes in the pocket, more dangerous in the open field. So Mario & Co. need to contain & disrupt (sacked 7 times this weekend) if flushed out he's got three lethal weapons to throw to - Ocho Cinco, Housh & Henry.

Their standout rookie OLB Keith Rivers is out for the season with a broken jaw so the Texans still should be able to outscore the Bengals.

I think they are a completly different beast than Detroit. Rod Marinelli is hard nosed & conservative for whatever the reason will hide players on the bench it seems coming off poor practice weeks while Marvin Lewis has lost team control years ago of established Pro Bowl rich roster.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Orlovsky threw for 265 yards with 1 TD against us. I think Fitzpatrick is more than capable of surpassing that amount. Especially against our defense.
Old 10-20-2008   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Fitzpatrick has looked bad with the Bengals. I am amazed that he ever had a good game in the NFL. Then again, it was only one game, and it was against us, so go figure. We should be able to handle the Bengals and Fitzpatrick handily. Fitzpatrick is no Dan Orlovsky, after all.
Old 10-20-2008   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Fitzpatrick has looked bad with the Bengals. I am amazed that he ever had a good game in the NFL. Then again, it was only one game, and it was against us, so go figure. We should be able to handle the Bengals and Fitzpatrick handily. Fitzpatrick is no Dan Orlovsky, after all.
Isn't it sad that we've been diminished to the point that we can make such a statement.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #12
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That's great. Just awesome.. Shaft just shafted us by bringing up that old abomination.. Thanks man. Way to start my week off on a positive note...

Geeeeeeeeez!!!
Somebody get this man a beer, or a shot... NOW!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I'm glad I drank away the entire 2005 Texans season...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #14
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

I sat behind the bench that game. I have never felt as bad for players as I did that day. Yeah, they make a lot of money, but when they walk around, everybody knows they play for the Texans. If you are defined by your job, and your job is playing for a bad football team, it has to wear on you.

It was a nice game until it was an awful game. Some guys had already started taking the tape off. You have to play until the zeros. Every. Time.
Old 10-20-2008   #15
David_Carr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Orlovsky threw for 265 yards with 1 TD against us. I think Fitzpatrick is more than capable of surpassing that amount. Especially against our defense.
The 56 yard bomb to Curtis was bad (Curtis continued through the End Zone and ran right up the tunnel with the entire St. Louis bench in tow, no post game on field celebration), but what began the collapse that day was a 43 yard 4th down bomb to Isaac Bruce down the Texans sideline.

I certainly don't expect Fitzpatrick to duplicate that effort even with an equally talented receiving corps at his disposal in Cincy.

He was 19 of 30 for 310 yards and 3 TD's...and sacked 5 times.

/Memo to Mario fan, he was sacked 5 times in Reliant.
Old 10-20-2008   #16
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_i...005&week=REG12

Shame.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I'm sorry I watched that. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #18
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm sorry I watched that. LOL
AJ at the end was painful. That must have sucked.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't feel completely awful after that game. We were in a suite so it wasn't all bad
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Carr View Post
The 56 yard bomb to Curtis was bad (Curtis continued through the End Zone and ran right up the tunnel with the entire St. Louis bench in tow, no post game on field celebration), but what began the collapse that day was a 43 yard 4th down bomb to Isaac Bruce down the Texans sideline.

I certainly don't expect Fitzpatrick to duplicate that effort even with an equally talented receiving corps at his disposal in Cincy.

He was 19 of 30 for 310 yards and 3 TD's...and sacked 5 times.

/Memo to Mario fan, he was sacked 5 times in Reliant.

Why? Has the 2008 Texans defense played particularly smart football this year, especially at the end of games? The 2005 version of the Texans secondary had a healthy Dunta Robinson. The 2008 version has a rusty one.

Detroit has one of the worst offenses in the league, even before they gave up Kitna and Williams. You can't assume anything with the Texans defense other than the Texans are doomed unless they get smarter faster.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read