Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2008   #21
BuffaloglennTX
Rookie

Rep Power: 24 BuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performer
Default Re: The Houston Texans have never won 3 in a row...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
How much does this worry you heading into a game against the winless but hungry Bengals?

They are bringing Ocho and Housh to town with maybe Carson Palmer making a return to feast on the Richard Smith defense. Even if Palmer doesn't play they've still got Fitzpatrick who has dined at the backup QB buffet otherwise known as a Richard Smith defense.
The fact that the Texans have never won three in a row in their history matters not to me. The fact that the Texans seem to play to the level of their competition (in four straight games) does concern me. I predict, that if the Texans can just outscore the Bengals, then they will win.
BuffaloglennTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #22
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
jinxed
*forces PapaL to do a ritual dance*
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #23
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
If you don't have ONE single QB in the NFL, then you don't have a QB in the NFL. Sharing the starting job doesn't work in the NFL. Besides, we all need to know what we have in Schaub by season's end. In order for that to happen, he needs to be given the reins unconditionally.
Didn't the Cowboys win their 1st superbowl while alternating Staubauch and Morton throughout the season? It has been so long ago and I'm getting old, but I thought I remembered them doing that.
Having said that, I agree 100% with what you said about having only one QB in the NFL. I also have never believed Sage to be anything more than a back-up. I saw that in Him in Miami, and after 8 NFL seasons, he still makes rookie mistakes. I have to admit he has fire and heart, but he is no starter. For all of Matt's shortcomings he is the only QB we really have at this time. He needs to have the rest of the season if he can stay healthy and prove himself one way or the other.
As for the Texans winning 3 in a row... I'm hopeful, but I have concerns. I am not one who believes the Bengals are as bad as their record. If Our Defense doesn't get better in a hurry, we might well not win 3 in a row this year yet. If all stays the same we could be looking at 30 to 17...Bengals win.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read