Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Houston Texans have never won 3 in a row...

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
How much does this worry you heading into a game against the winless but hungry Bengals?

They are bringing Ocho and Housh to town with maybe Carson Palmer making a return to feast on the Richard Smith defense. Even if Palmer doesn't play they've still got Fitzpatrick who has dined at the backup QB buffet otherwise known as a Richard Smith defense.

I heard that Palmer will not be starting next week, regardless of whether or not he is able to practice. Needless to say, if the Texans don't win... it will really really suck.

I think we have a good chance, though.

Even though the Texans won against Detroit, it was a pretty ugly win. I mean, we were expecting at least winning by 2 TD's or so, our D really needs to get their act together. I definitely don't expect us to win by 2 TD's against Cincy, maybe a FG, hopefully by a TD.

Nothing that I had seen from the 2nd half today showed me that we are any better then the Texans team that started the season.

If we played PITT next week we would still get blown the **** out. Our "top 5 Offenses" would get crushed by a good D. Our Defense would crumble against a good run game. A good QB would pass all over our asses. The sad thing is the team we played today neither had a good RB or a good QB today and they still did those things on us. And again our run game went MIA in the second half.

I'm not too worried about the Bengal game.... but after next week don't be surprise to see the old Texans again as we go against 7 good defensive team in our final 10 game.. along with Indy, who has always owned us.

Also, all those defensive teams have very good running backs on their team. Good D and a good running game is all a team need to win against us, or blow us out. Whichever one.

Last edited:
well i dont know much about the Bengals but has long has we can keep them from making the big plays and keep them on the short passing game then we should be fine getting some pressure on the QB has well would be nice

I have no worries about are Offensive we can play the short Pass game and screen passing game all day long has u seen today and if slaton can put up big numbers then we got this in the bag !!!!!!!!!!!!! AND PROTECT THE BALL !!!!!!!!!!! and play a clean game

other then that cover TJ iam more worried about him more then CJ

I have also really been thinking about this dual QB game we should start trying out

1st half Matt scahub
2nd half Sage

both QB would be rested and more clear minded iam serious about this The cards did it in the past and has got them a few W's

Ain't nobody "crushed" our Top 5 offense since the Tennessee game.
The offense has improved every week, and the DEFENSE needs to STOP
playing Petey 1-on-1 against big fast receivers!!!

They could be bringing the 4th string QB from Central Eastern Idaho Tech and I'm pretty sure he would have a field day with the Texans D.

Texans win 41-38

well i dont know much about the Bengals but has long has we can keep them from making the big plays and keep them on the short passing game then we should be fine getting some pressure on the QB has well would be nice

I have no worries about are Offensive we can play the short Pass game and screen passing game all day long has u seen today and if slaton can put up big numbers then we got this in the bag !!!!!!!!!!!!! AND PROTECT THE BALL !!!!!!!!!!! and play a clean game

I have also really been thinking about this dual QB game we should start trying out

1st half Matt scahub
2nd half Sage

both QB would be rested and more clear minded iam serious about this The cards did it in the past and has got them a few W's

:brickwall:

You've got to be kidding me. No to Sage Rosencopter. I can't believe that after what is perhaps Schaub's best showing of the season some people still somehow want to mention Sage playing in some capacity.

WINNING teams in the NFL don't alternate QBs. Losing teams do. Unbe-freaking-lievable.

schaub played well and helped us win a game. the only thing sage has done is show the ability to lose a football game almost entirely by himself.

i have been a sage guy, but if your calling for him over schaub you need a frontal lobe lobotomy.

They could be bringing the 4th string QB from Central Eastern Idaho Tech and I'm pretty sure he would have a field day with the Texans D.

Texans win 41-38
He has a rocket arm and he's pretty mobile, but I'm not sure he's ready to start yet.

Anyway, Keith Rivers is out, Slaton should go over 100 yards. That said, I predict a Bengals victory.

If we hang at least a 30 burger on them we have a chance of winning. If not, we lose. Our defense sucks!!

I'm sure I wasn't the only one still on pins and needles when the Lions got the ball with 10 seconds left. And that is friggin sad!!

schaub played well and helped us win a game. the only thing sage has done is show the ability to lose a football game almost entirely by himself.

i have been a sage guy, but if your calling for him over schaub you need a frontal lobe lobotomy.

iam not calling for him to start only share the starting role and see how it works out

u forget Sage played light out football agansit a goods colt team for 3 quarters

and Matt didnt play lights out the hole game a few failed qb boots and few throwaway passes and a fumble leading to a turnover

if they can share quarters then maybe they will be less tired and less likey to make mastikes

colts game aside Sage has shown hes best at the 3rd and 4th quarter hes made alot of comeback over the years during thoes periods

iam not calling for him to start only share the starting role and see how it works out

u forget Sage played light out football agansit a goods colt team for 3 quarters

and Matt didnt play lights out the hole game a few failed qb boots and few throwaway passes and a fumble leading to a turnover

if they can share quarters then maybe they will be less tired and less likey to make mastikes

colts game aside Sage has shown hes best at the 3rd and 4th quarter hes made alot of comeback over the years during thoes periods

Ok whew that made me feel so much better. 3 quarters of lights out football! Here I thought games last....4.

He's been so good the 3rd and fourth quarters because he's put his team in holes the 1st and 2nd. I'll give him this Sage finally did this team a huge favor by his meltdown in that I hope the staff doesn't want to think about him being in the game again. An aging vet trying to push a young QB for a starting spot isn't a good situation for both. We really should've taken Minnesota's 3rd rounder (laughed), got a good young guy who could make an impact and taken a journey-man QB who knew his role is 100% backup QB.

well i dont know much about the bengals but has long has we can keep them from making the big plays and keep them on the short passing game then we should be fine getting some pressure on the qb has well would be nice

i have no worries about are offensive we can play the short pass game and screen passing game all day long has u seen today and if slaton can put up big numbers then we got this in the bag !!!!!!!!!!!!! And protect the ball !!!!!!!!!!! And play a clean game

other then that cover tj iam more worried about him more then cj

i have also really been thinking about this dual qb game we should start trying out

1st half matt scahub
2nd half sage

both qb would be rested and more clear minded iam serious about this the cards did it in the past and has got them a few w's

lol!

If you don't have ONE single QB in the NFL, then you don't have a QB in the NFL. Sharing the starting job doesn't work in the NFL. Besides, we all need to know what we have in Schaub by season's end. In order for that to happen, he needs to be given the reins unconditionally.

If I knew how to negative REP you would get one.

MS is playing very well.

Name one team that has gone to the super bowl using two QB's.

I feel stupid for replying to this post.

Lies all lies.... and technically, four in a row.

wk 16 - IND 24 @ HOU 27
wk 17 - CLE 6 @ HOU 14

wk 1 - KC 3 @ HOU 20
wk 2 - HOU 34 @ CAR 21

(you never said 3 in a row the same season)

:specnatz:

It's nice to finally see an offense in Houston that has been consistent for the last 3 games. That is one thing that I have wanted to see for years out here. It wasn't just the fact that we were losing, but most of the games weren't that fun to watch with such a lack luster offense.

I love watching AJ stay involved and to dominate teams. He is so fun to watch. We finally have a RB that can make big plays on any given plays like DD was able to.

Walter has been doing what he needs to do as the #2 WR and making plays.

Owne Daniels is coming into his own as possibly one of the top TE's in the league especially in a year where there really aren't a lot of TE's being real productive.

This was Shaub's best game, and I noticed a few plays where he was about to throw the ball and he decided against it and just went down instead where it previous games he might have thrown into triple coverage. I'm not saying his struggles in that area are fixed, but I did notice an improvement in that regard for this game at least.

The offense is playing at a high level and moving the ball very well. I think the biggest reason is because of the running game improving. It's amazing how much better this offense can be when a running game gets going. I've been saying ti for two years now, because I never forgot how much more competitive the team was when DD was running well. It made so many things easier. It wasn't the best win for the Texans, but it was at least a win that they needed and the offense continued to make a lot of plays.

1st half Matt scahub
2nd half Sage

LOL, I kind of hate to validate this post by replying to it. But, it seems to me if you were going to do this (and thank goodness, it won't happen), you might want to flip that around and play Sage early and have Matt finish.

How much does this worry you heading into a game against the winless but hungry Bengals?

They are bringing Ocho and Housh to town with maybe Carson Palmer making a return to feast on the Richard Smith defense. Even if Palmer doesn't play they've still got Fitzpatrick who has dined at the backup QB buffet otherwise known as a Richard Smith defense.

The fact that the Texans have never won three in a row in their history matters not to me. The fact that the Texans seem to play to the level of their competition (in four straight games) does concern me. I predict, that if the Texans can just outscore the Bengals, then they will win. :smiliedance:

If you don't have ONE single QB in the NFL, then you don't have a QB in the NFL. Sharing the starting job doesn't work in the NFL. Besides, we all need to know what we have in Schaub by season's end. In order for that to happen, he needs to be given the reins unconditionally.

Didn't the Cowboys win their 1st superbowl while alternating Staubauch and Morton throughout the season? It has been so long ago and I'm getting old, but I thought I remembered them doing that.
Having said that, I agree 100% with what you said about having only one QB in the NFL. I also have never believed Sage to be anything more than a back-up. I saw that in Him in Miami, and after 8 NFL seasons, he still makes rookie mistakes. I have to admit he has fire and heart, but he is no starter. For all of Matt's shortcomings he is the only QB we really have at this time. He needs to have the rest of the season if he can stay healthy and prove himself one way or the other.
As for the Texans winning 3 in a row... I'm hopeful, but I have concerns. I am not one who believes the Bengals are as bad as their record. If Our Defense doesn't get better in a hurry, we might well not win 3 in a row this year yet. If all stays the same we could be looking at 30 to 17...Bengals win.

Back