Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default The Houston Texans have never won 3 in a row...

How much does this worry you heading into a game against the winless but hungry Bengals?

They are bringing Ocho and Housh to town with maybe Carson Palmer making a return to feast on the Richard Smith defense. Even if Palmer doesn't play they've still got Fitzpatrick who has dined at the backup QB buffet otherwise known as a Richard Smith defense.
Old 10-19-2008   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Houston Texans have never won 3 in a row...

I heard that Palmer will not be starting next week, regardless of whether or not he is able to practice. Needless to say, if the Texans don't win... it will really really suck.

I think we have a good chance, though.
Old 10-19-2008   #3
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Even though the Texans won against Detroit, it was a pretty ugly win. I mean, we were expecting at least winning by 2 TD's or so, our D really needs to get their act together. I definitely don't expect us to win by 2 TD's against Cincy, maybe a FG, hopefully by a TD.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #4
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing that I had seen from the 2nd half today showed me that we are any better then the Texans team that started the season.

If we played PITT next week we would still get blown the **** out. Our "top 5 Offenses" would get crushed by a good D. Our Defense would crumble against a good run game. A good QB would pass all over our asses. The sad thing is the team we played today neither had a good RB or a good QB today and they still did those things on us. And again our run game went MIA in the second half.

I'm not too worried about the Bengal game.... but after next week don't be surprise to see the old Texans again as we go against 7 good defensive team in our final 10 game.. along with Indy, who has always owned us.

Also, all those defensive teams have very good running backs on their team. Good D and a good running game is all a team need to win against us, or blow us out. Whichever one.

Last edited by J-Russ; 10-19-2008 at 11:28 PM.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

well i dont know much about the Bengals but has long has we can keep them from making the big plays and keep them on the short passing game then we should be fine getting some pressure on the QB has well would be nice

I have no worries about are Offensive we can play the short Pass game and screen passing game all day long has u seen today and if slaton can put up big numbers then we got this in the bag !!!!!!!!!!!!! AND PROTECT THE BALL !!!!!!!!!!! and play a clean game

other then that cover TJ iam more worried about him more then CJ

I have also really been thinking about this dual QB game we should start trying out

1st half Matt scahub
2nd half Sage

both QB would be rested and more clear minded iam serious about this The cards did it in the past and has got them a few W's
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #6
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Ain't nobody "crushed" our Top 5 offense since the Tennessee game.
The offense has improved every week, and the DEFENSE needs to STOP
playing Petey 1-on-1 against big fast receivers!!!
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

They could be bringing the 4th string QB from Central Eastern Idaho Tech and I'm pretty sure he would have a field day with the Texans D.

Texans win 41-38
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2008   #8
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
well i dont know much about the Bengals but has long has we can keep them from making the big plays and keep them on the short passing game then we should be fine getting some pressure on the QB has well would be nice

I have no worries about are Offensive we can play the short Pass game and screen passing game all day long has u seen today and if slaton can put up big numbers then we got this in the bag !!!!!!!!!!!!! AND PROTECT THE BALL !!!!!!!!!!! and play a clean game

I have also really been thinking about this dual QB game we should start trying out

1st half Matt scahub
2nd half Sage

both QB would be rested and more clear minded iam serious about this The cards did it in the past and has got them a few W's

You've got to be kidding me. No to Sage Rosencopter. I can't believe that after what is perhaps Schaub's best showing of the season some people still somehow want to mention Sage playing in some capacity.

WINNING teams in the NFL don't alternate QBs. Losing teams do. Unbe-freaking-lievable.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

schaub played well and helped us win a game. the only thing sage has done is show the ability to lose a football game almost entirely by himself.

i have been a sage guy, but if your calling for him over schaub you need a frontal lobe lobotomy.
Old 10-20-2008   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
They could be bringing the 4th string QB from Central Eastern Idaho Tech and I'm pretty sure he would have a field day with the Texans D.

Texans win 41-38
He has a rocket arm and he's pretty mobile, but I'm not sure he's ready to start yet.

Anyway, Keith Rivers is out, Slaton should go over 100 yards. That said, I predict a Bengals victory.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

If we hang at least a 30 burger on them we have a chance of winning. If not, we lose. Our defense sucks!!

I'm sure I wasn't the only one still on pins and needles when the Lions got the ball with 10 seconds left. And that is friggin sad!!
Old 10-20-2008   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
schaub played well and helped us win a game. the only thing sage has done is show the ability to lose a football game almost entirely by himself.

i have been a sage guy, but if your calling for him over schaub you need a frontal lobe lobotomy.
iam not calling for him to start only share the starting role and see how it works out

u forget Sage played light out football agansit a goods colt team for 3 quarters

and Matt didnt play lights out the hole game a few failed qb boots and few throwaway passes and a fumble leading to a turnover

if they can share quarters then maybe they will be less tired and less likey to make mastikes

colts game aside Sage has shown hes best at the 3rd and 4th quarter hes made alot of comeback over the years during thoes periods
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #13
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
iam not calling for him to start only share the starting role and see how it works out

u forget Sage played light out football agansit a goods colt team for 3 quarters

and Matt didnt play lights out the hole game a few failed qb boots and few throwaway passes and a fumble leading to a turnover

if they can share quarters then maybe they will be less tired and less likey to make mastikes

colts game aside Sage has shown hes best at the 3rd and 4th quarter hes made alot of comeback over the years during thoes periods
Ok whew that made me feel so much better. 3 quarters of lights out football! Here I thought games last....4.

He's been so good the 3rd and fourth quarters because he's put his team in holes the 1st and 2nd. I'll give him this Sage finally did this team a huge favor by his meltdown in that I hope the staff doesn't want to think about him being in the game again. An aging vet trying to push a young QB for a starting spot isn't a good situation for both. We really should've taken Minnesota's 3rd rounder (laughed), got a good young guy who could make an impact and taken a journey-man QB who knew his role is 100% backup QB.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #14
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by norg View Post
well i dont know much about the bengals but has long has we can keep them from making the big plays and keep them on the short passing game then we should be fine getting some pressure on the qb has well would be nice

i have no worries about are offensive we can play the short pass game and screen passing game all day long has u seen today and if slaton can put up big numbers then we got this in the bag !!!!!!!!!!!!! And protect the ball !!!!!!!!!!! And play a clean game

other then that cover tj iam more worried about him more then cj

i have also really been thinking about this dual qb game we should start trying out

1st half matt scahub
2nd half sage

both qb would be rested and more clear minded iam serious about this the cards did it in the past and has got them a few w's
lol!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
If you don't have ONE single QB in the NFL, then you don't have a QB in the NFL. Sharing the starting job doesn't work in the NFL. Besides, we all need to know what we have in Schaub by season's end. In order for that to happen, he needs to be given the reins unconditionally.
Old 10-20-2008   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If I knew how to negative REP you would get one.

MS is playing very well.

Name one team that has gone to the super bowl using two QB's.

I feel stupid for replying to this post.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #17
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Lies all lies.... and technically, four in a row.

wk 16 - IND 24 @ HOU 27
wk 17 - CLE 6 @ HOU 14

wk 1 - KC 3 @ HOU 20
wk 2 - HOU 34 @ CAR 21

(you never said 3 in a row the same season)

OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

It's nice to finally see an offense in Houston that has been consistent for the last 3 games. That is one thing that I have wanted to see for years out here. It wasn't just the fact that we were losing, but most of the games weren't that fun to watch with such a lack luster offense.

I love watching AJ stay involved and to dominate teams. He is so fun to watch. We finally have a RB that can make big plays on any given plays like DD was able to.

Walter has been doing what he needs to do as the #2 WR and making plays.

Owne Daniels is coming into his own as possibly one of the top TE's in the league especially in a year where there really aren't a lot of TE's being real productive.

This was Shaub's best game, and I noticed a few plays where he was about to throw the ball and he decided against it and just went down instead where it previous games he might have thrown into triple coverage. I'm not saying his struggles in that area are fixed, but I did notice an improvement in that regard for this game at least.

The offense is playing at a high level and moving the ball very well. I think the biggest reason is because of the running game improving. It's amazing how much better this offense can be when a running game gets going. I've been saying ti for two years now, because I never forgot how much more competitive the team was when DD was running well. It made so many things easier. It wasn't the best win for the Texans, but it was at least a win that they needed and the offense continued to make a lot of plays.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #19
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

1st half Matt scahub
2nd half Sage

LOL, I kind of hate to validate this post by replying to it. But, it seems to me if you were going to do this (and thank goodness, it won't happen), you might want to flip that around and play Sage early and have Matt finish.
Old 10-20-2008   #20
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

jinxed

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read