Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2008   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Live Post Game Presser

Andre Johnson was just on. I think Mario is next.

ht.com

nevermind: they took it down.

I think Richard Justice was the one asking Andre if he has complained about getting the ball and AJ flat out said he doesn't complain and that's not his style. He said if he didn't get anything thrown his way for the rest of the season he still wouldn't go in to Kubes office and complain. That's another reason to love AJ. I love that he is low key and lets his play on the field do the speaking to be a team leader.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 10-19-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Live Post Game Presser

Unfortunately, IMO, they are over using AJ right now to the detriment of the other guys. KW, AD, OD are all good at the 5 yard slant that they threw to AJ many times. Keep using him this heavily and he will get hurt. He is our deep threat and we aren't throwing deep right at this point. Right now I think he is Matt's security blanket, but it just seems to be overly used to me.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Live Post Game Presser

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Unfortunately, IMO, they are over using AJ right now to the detriment of the other guys. KW, AD, OD are all good at the 5 yard slant that they threw to AJ many times. Keep using him this heavily and he will get hurt. He is our deep threat and we aren't throwing deep right at this point. Right now I think he is Matt's security blanket, but it just seems to be overly used to me.
Gotta disagree, I'm pumped that we are finally making him the focal point of our offense. Its been long overdue. There will be plenty of opportunities for the other guys over the course of a season, just look at OD today. By throwing him the ball we force the defense to focus on him and it opens up a ton of stuff, not to mention you can't stop him anyway anymore. Can't be worried about injuring a WR imo. RB maybe but no way should we back off getting him the ball because of injury worries.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read