Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2008   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Quiet Winning Streak perhaps?

It wasn't pretty but we've managed to pick up 2 in a row. They were against two rebuilding teams, but a win streak is a win streak. Hopefully this clears some of the bad taste out of the team's mouth from the first quarter of the season.

We've got a game next week against a bad Bengals team.

TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #2
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quiet Winning Streak perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
It wasn't pretty but we've managed to pick up 2 in a row. They were against two rebuilding teams, but a win streak is a win streak. Hopefully this clears some of the bad taste out of the team's mouth from the first quarter of the season.

We've got a game next week against a bad Bengals team.

This is my hope.
Old 10-19-2008   #3
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

We're better than the bengals and no c palmer, I would think we can beat minn on the road but how often do we win on the road?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem with the Bengals is that they are a big play team. They live and die by the deep ball (hence whey they've been dead so far), and we usually get burned with the deep ball. I think we'll win, but given our history, we'll make it interesting in the 4th regardless
Old 10-19-2008   #5
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

They do have Texan killer Ryan Fitzpatrick. I watched the game today and he was pretty decent. The O-Coordinator was stupid and kept having RBs trying to block Harrison and Timmons.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #6
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 18345 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The problem with the Bengals is that they are a big play team. They live and die by the deep ball (hence whey they've been dead so far), and we usually get burned with the deep ball. I think we'll win, but given our history, we'll make it interesting in the 4th regardless
We would make a game against the New York School for the Blind an interesting 4th quarter...nevermind the Bengals!

I'm looking forward to a 3/4 game streak at least! *Fingers crossed*
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
We would make a game against the New York School for the Blind an interesting 4th quarter...nevermind the Bengals!

I'm looking forward to a 3/4 game streak at least! *Fingers crossed*
Yes, we will definitely play at least 3 more games.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2008   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

if we can beat keep on winning and beat the Ravens at home then i will start getting exicted

I think the Bengals will be a nod tougher then the lions IMO and then MInnostea will be even tougher then the Ravens will be down right nasty

so yeah its time to man up
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

error and double-post

Old 10-19-2008   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

The Bengals are still winless and our secondary/DC is a joke. I'm very tempted to predict a loss next week.

Old 10-19-2008   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure two wins is a "Wining Streak". Three wins probably, 4 most certainly, but two just doesn't seem like a win streak. I'm not sure what it should be called, but somehow "Win Streak" seems a tad grandiose for just two wins. I like it, but I'm waiting for at least one more to call it a streak.:mshadows:

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I would call it what it is - Two in row. We've never had a win streak which is three or more in a row. With that said, we are still only one game out of the wild card and wins only help us. These wins may have been ugly and they may have been against bad teams but I can think of a certain Texas team that would've loved to beat their lesser opponent by seven or even one point, and these two wins give us something we didn't have in September - HOPE.

We can still do this!!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #13
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
I'm not sure two wins is a "Wining Streak". Three wins probably, 4 most certainly, but two just doesn't seem like a win streak. I'm not sure what it should be called, but somehow "Win Streak" seems a tad grandiose for just two wins. I like it, but I'm waiting for at least one more to call it a streak.:mshadows:
It is when you've never done it before. I'm wondering how many brave Texans fans took the nine and lost money to the manly man Oluveski ? Be assured, if there is anyway this football team can find the lowest common denominator and turn a (****) domistacated cat into a man eater, this team will find a way. Isn't this the same QB that brought St. Louis back from the jaws of death against us once already ?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read