Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2008   #41
Livid13
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 Livid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The fluke big play

No offense to the original post, but the Texans are a long way from being a very good team. There is no excuse for the way they simply rolled over in the second half. This team needs a consistent fire in its belly and play all 60 minutes, balls out, imo.
Old 10-20-2008   #42
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Exactly. When I hear "fluke" I think of something that doesn't happen often.

4 in one game isn't a fluke it's a pattern of exploited weaknesses.

I don't really blame Petey for getting burnt though. Corners get burnt from time to time, especially in man coverage with an aggressive defense (which we seem to be). It happens. Just not a good play call by the D-Coordinator. You've got arguably their only pass catching threat line up against Petey...in man coverage? I don't know about that.

It's when Petey gets beat on easy routes and misses tackles that I get mad. This time he just got beat by a receiver with elite size and speed. Not much you can put on Petey there. We know his skill set and that skill set didn't correlate with the play calling.

Simple as that IMO.

Didn't see this. I obviously agree.
Ding ding exactly correct, I was sitting on that side of the field and I noticed the Cj took two steps and beat Petey. CJ is huge and a phenomenal athelete, However Petey should have at least bumped him, or even laid him on the ground with tin the first 5 yds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Ain't no fluke homie, just Richard Smith defense. Sprinkle on Faggins covering CJ and you get crème brûlée.

Note: Did Faggins get benched after that play? I remember seeing him on the sideline on the next defensive series with Bennett in. Knew this guy was going to break into his craptastic self again.
I did.... Teams look for that guy. Both Smith and Faggins needs to be gone. Petey needs to stop waiving at two blondes sitting on sideline and focus on the field.( I would wave at them too but focus)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Bad play call, but at the same time, you've gotta bet that Det is going to run the ball in that situation. Who knew they'd lee evans us?

Mike
Hey that is my line.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #43
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
The Miami screen play, was nearly flawlessly executed. The first door opened when Dilles stuck his nose inside, between the two lineman instead of attacking the outside shoulder of the tackle. Simple rookie error. Always play the outside shoulder and turn the play back to the help inside. Always. Dilles got caught in a second of indecision and opened the door on the screen play. Steale got a great down field block. And we don't have the speed at safety, or LB for that matter with Ryans nursing an ankle, to hope for help after the horse is out of the gate.

Screen play was no fluke. It was a perfectly executed screen pass. Give the devil his due.
Yea, I thought that play was mostly Diles' fault. Amazing how one small decision to go inside rather than outside the offensive lineman can cost you a touchdown, but that's pretty much what I saw on that play. Of course, as Vinny said, he didn't get much help from the secondary.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read