Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2008   #1
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default [ESPN] This is Great

Look what it says about Andre Johnson's matchup this week against the Lions:

Quote:
Andre Johnson (Texans, plus-10 percent): We wish we could pull off the mind-meld that allowed Matt Schaub's fourth-down prayer to go through a Dolphins' player's hands and into Johnson's last week. Imagine for a second, though, if Johnson could catch the ball without having to worry about using his technology to knock a pair of hands out of the way? That would be what it should be like this week against the Lions. It's kind of like Superman fighting Lex Luthor and then, a week later, he's buying groceries and someone holds up the liquor store next door with a plunger.
http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/fo...e=outsiderswk7

That's great.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #2
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [ESPN] This is Great

if we could just beat the crap out of someone 36 to 3 that would be so nice.

almost said 35 to 3 but i dont like what that score reminds me of.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

From same page:

"Tight Ends
Owen Daniels (Texans, plus-13 percent):
Player Receptions Yards TDs Player A 69 816 5 Player B 43 538 6 Player C 60 694 5 Player D 60 675 6 Those are the career totals of four tight ends, normalized to a 16-game season.
Player A is Daniels. Player B is Dallas Clark. Player C is Todd Heap. Player D is Chris Cooley. Why is Daniels less famous than the other three guys? Not really sure, but sleep on him at your own peril. He plays the worst defense in the league against tight ends this week, and they're the worst by a large margin. He could very well go over 100 yards this week."

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/fo...e=outsiderswk7

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #4
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like where this is going..
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #5
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8237 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will like it a lot better if af 7pm Sunday we have just watched the Texans give the Lions the most lopsided loss in their history.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I will like it a lot better if af 7pm Sunday we have just watched the Texans give the Lions the most lopsided loss in their history.
Heck, I'd settle for our largest margin of victory.

What is our largest margin of victory?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as we are 2-4 at the end of the game, I'm good.

Of course, a little ass kickin' along the way would be nice.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2008   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope it's as brutal as the Denver game last year. That'd be great if they treated us to a 4 quarter ass-whipping from start to finish. All this last second baloney is giving me an ulcer.
Old 10-17-2008   #9
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

I have to agree with you Thorn. All this talk of how much we are going to whip somebody else makes me nervous. Weren't we supposed to do that to Atlanta last year?

I guess I'm just use to being the "underdog." I just don't think this team can afford to take anybody for granted, or they could wind up taking the "ass kickin." JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #10
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Heck, I'd settle for our largest margin of victory.

What is our largest margin of victory?
21-0 over the Jags in Jacksonville.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i hope its not a close game if its like 21-17 by the 3Q then that gets me kinda ticked off

games are much more fun when its a blowout
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #12
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Roger that!
(that's spacegeek talk for Damned Straight!)
Old 10-18-2008   #13
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8237 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought it was the Raiders game at Reliant in 04, but if the margain of 21-0 vs the Jags was more I believe it. There haven't been many easy ones in Texans history.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008   #14
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
21-0 over the Jags in Jacksonville.
That was a sweet one
Old 10-18-2008   #15
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
That was a sweet one
Yep. Knocked them out of the playoff contention.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008   #16
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I thought it was the Raiders game at Reliant in 04, but if the margain of 21-0 vs the Jags was more I believe it. There haven't been many easy ones in Texans history.
The top 2 most lopsided games in the Texans favor are both against Jacksonville. 21-0 as mentioned above (21 points) and a 27-7 win (20 points) in 2006 at Reliant.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008   #17
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Now I'm officially worried.
On ESPN's Football Friday both Hank Goldberg and Jeremy Green picked Houston over Detroit in the "Office Pool" segment where they pick all the weekend's NFL games. Not only that, but both guys picked us as their "Lock" win this weekend.

This was right after Shannon Sharpe and Brian Baldinger both picked us to win on NFLN....

If Chris Berman has us as one of his Swami picks, we're doomed.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 10-18-2008 at 11:28 AM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read