Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2008   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Unbelievable stat!!

I knew we had done a great job with penalties the past three weeks. But, wow, we must be on a record setting pace.

Penalties this season: 11
Penalties in last 4 games: 6

Way to go Texans! that's amazing!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #2
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Unbelievable stat!!

it's been really surprising when the zebras point our way this season. that suggests to me that players aren't having to grab at guys to keep from getting beat. specifically, the Oline. Props to the rookie, even after last Sunday.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Obviously, our coaching staff sucks.

Old 10-14-2008   #4
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
it's been really surprising when the zebras point our way this season. that suggests to me that players aren't having to grab at guys to keep from getting beat. specifically, the Oline. Props to the rookie, even after last Sunday.

I think the fact that we aren't committing penalties and aren't getting injured at a record rate both indicate that we've at least become a competitive team with solid NFL talent.

Though I have some problems with the coaching staff to date, I also think the lack of penalties suggest good coaching as well- as far as discipline, preparation, and schematicly having guys in position to succeed.

Last edited by dalemurphy; 10-15-2008 at 02:04 AM.
Old 10-15-2008   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

It means they're not trying hard enough.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Fire Kubiak
Old 10-15-2008   #7
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I think the fact that we aren't committing turnovers and aren't getting injured at a record rate both indicate that we've at least become a competitive team with solid NFL talent.

Though I have some problems with the coaching staff to date, I also think the lack of penalties suggest good coaching as well- as far as discipline, preparation, and schematicly having guys in position to succeed.
surely you meant penalties not turnovers...
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2008   #8
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I know the coaches must be stressing penalty-free play to the guys, but someone needs to explain to the D Line that you can avoid encroachment penalties without counting three-Mississippi before they rush the passer.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #9
barrett
Hall of Fame

only Bulman is that far behind the snap. and seriously, we're talking at least 1/2 a second easily. i loved his leap that threw off pennington though. it didn't end well but i like the effort for sure. i just can't figure out why he's so slow off the ball and what the hell is with the 4 point stance?
Old 10-15-2008   #10
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
only Bulman is that far behind the snap. and seriously, we're talking at least 1/2 a second easily. i loved his leap that threw off pennington though. it didn't end well but i like the effort for sure. i just can't figure out why he's so slow off the ball and what the hell is with the 4 point stance?
Speaking of which...I was surprised that wasn't a penalty. I've seen lineman charged with taking out a QB at the legs before...

Am I completely off base here?
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take a couple more penalties a game if they'd not turn the damn ball over so much.
Old 10-15-2008   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Fire Kubiak
I'm so dazed and confuzed. Yesterday, I thought we were firing Kubiak. Then, I ran into a thread that was for voting him as coach of the week.... Are we firing him again???

Old 10-15-2008   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm so dazed and confuzed. Yesterday, I thought we were firing Kubiak. Then, I ran into a thread that was for voting him as coach of the week.... Are we firing him again???

That's next week, after a win even.
Old 10-15-2008   #14
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Superior execution. Yeah, I said it.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #15
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

He was being facetious.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Obviously, our coaching staff sucks.

Fair enough. But be consistant and don't ignore turnovers, which the coaching staff also gets its share of the blame for.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's a DT. He probably feels much more comfy in a 4 point stance.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #18
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
He's a DT. He probably feels much more comfy in a 4 point stance.
The problem with that is it's difficult to see the ball from the DE position in a 4 points stance. And, since he's always the 22nd person on the field to react to the snap, it's clearly an issue.
Old 10-15-2008   #19
barrett
Hall of Fame

they're probably all more comfortable sitting at home on their couch but they get payed to play football so he should maybe consider making some adjustments.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read