Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-28-2004   #41
shinerbock_texas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsfanincanada
I score it 4-2, with pushes at QB and LB.
Your score in about as skewed as the scoreboard.

FINAL SCORE 21-0
shinerbock_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #42
shinerbock_texas
Rookie

Quote:
Actually, genius, you must have missed him throwing for 5 tds when he was at home, like my post said.
Your statement did not reference whose home you were commenting on. Your post did not include 'his home'.
Old 12-28-2004   #43
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock_texas
Your statement did not reference whose home you were commenting on. Your post did not include 'his home'.
Meh I assumed you would remember the 5 TDs he put up in Indy and make the connection. I know the Texans help them to a then-season-low 23 in Houston and I commend them for that. But they still got pasted in Indy, a place the Jags went into and won.
jagsfanincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #44
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
It was caused by a concussion. Leftwich was missing wide open guys. Both times he missed Jimmy Smith, Smith was open. And for fans who ceaselessly rip us for being thugs, cheap, etc, you seem awfully proud of hurting Leftwich.
GEE Guys, we should all start a new post "HOW MANY EXCUSES WILL THE JAGS USE FOR LOSING"......LMAOOOOO..
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #45
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
QB - Push. This last game notwithstanding, Leftwich has been the equal of Carr this year.
RB - Taylor missed one game. Saying Davis is better because he didn't miss last game is laughable.
WR - You guys win here. And it's Andre Johnson, btw. How long have you been following your team?
OL - Our OL is better. You guys have had protection issues all year. Carr has been sacked much more than Leftwich despite his large advantage in mobility (43 to 24), even with garbage Salaam playing practically all year for us. We also average 4.3 ypc to your 3.8.
DL - Us no question.
LB - Push. We both have talented starters at every LB position, including a good looking rook.
CB - You win here hands down. Bolden and Washington are garbage.
S - Slight edge to us.
K/P - We win. Our kicker has a 75% percantage to your kicker's 70%, and our kicker is 4th in the league in touchbacks. The punters have very similar stats.

I score it 4-2, with pushes at QB and LB.

RB - I was saying Fred is better...
WR - Rofl.. Andre Robinson..... I have Robinson on the brain, Johnson of course...
LB - I have to say here is where I feel we really differ. I think we have a better LB crew then you all do. Not saying your all are bad, I just feel mine our better.
O-Line - I think your probably right here...
S- I see this more of a push...
K/P - Our guys have been horrible this year for some reason. Many bad punts and missed FG's.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #46
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What way would you like me to interpret that statement?
Well for starters, you should interpret it exactly as it was stated, which is: Also, the reason he was out against us the first meeting was because we knocked him out. Is it a true statement or not? Now if you want to interpret it that I took great joy out of that you go ahead.
Old 12-28-2004   #47
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C
Well for starters, you should interpret it exactly as it was stated, which is: Also, the reason he was out against us the first meeting was because we knocked him out. Is it a true statement or not? Now if you want to interpret it that I took great joy out of that you go ahead.
He wasn't out though, he played hurt, like he did in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8
GEE Guys, we should all start a new post "HOW MANY EXCUSES WILL THE JAGS USE FOR LOSING"......LMAOOOOO..
As many as you used last year when you got shut out, I'd assume. Of course our **** effort is magnified because the playoffs were on the line.
jagsfanincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-28-2004   #48
Dime
Hall of Fame

People, get off Leftwich...

I am a TEXANS FAN but this kid isnt that bad as you all say. After hearing about him and in his college days of play and how he , like David, has taken some hard shots and got up, that shows heart and goes a long ways for me. I dont feel he has Carrs arm, but he does have better accuracy then Carr does. They are about even to me. Both will be stars... I see Carr being a Steve Young later in days (Since Andre is like Rice, Rice baby), and I see Byron being a Daunte Culpepper in a few years. Both will be good..
Old 12-28-2004   #49
shinerbock_texas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C

Chance I will say it. I would rather our Defense knock the snot out of the opposing QB every week rather than play back in the that consevative Cover-2 (bend and don't break) we seem to get caught in so much. We have 2 really good Corners, who I believe can cover just about anyone. We should allow our corners to play more man-up/ bump and cover defense, while we blitz the extra LBS to put the extra pressure on the other teams. I personally loved when the Oilers played the 4-6 Defense.

And if we knock a few QBS out of the game so be it. I am sure the other teams would Love to hurt Carr and have to face either Banks or Ragone.

Anyone remember how effective it was when we hit Manning? Or even back when the Oilers ran the run-in-shoot? The best defense against the Oilers was the Steelers blind side Blitzing that just killed Warren Moon.

Last edited by shinerbock_texas; 12-28-2004 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-28-2004   #50
Rosusu
All Pro

Ok, I like Leftwich, and I like the Jags. They are a great rival for us, and we always have great games against them. BUT, Jags fans need to GET OVER IT! It doesnt matter who was hurt, or any of the circumstances, YOU LOST to us twice this season. So quit your bit ching and wait until next season (you will have awhile because no playoffs).
Old 12-28-2004   #51
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

We went down one in the Fox Sports power poll, too...

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3280114

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #52
southtexan
Veteran

Default excellent quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
One of the reasons that we are not ranked higher is that we cannot beat good teams. The Jags (8-7) are the only team with a winning record that we have beaten all year. Even that will change if they lose to the Raiders. If we want respect, we need to finish off games like the ones against the Vikings, Packers, Chargers, and Colts (the home game). Those came down to the end and we blew it.

Excellent quote
southtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #53
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
stupid power rankings mean little. They rank which ever team they like better higher. I'm guessing they are all saying our wins over jacksonville are all flukes ! I still feel a lack of respect here guess we'll have to win the superbowl before we get recognized as a contender

I used to be one howling respect us, now after seeing how little respect we get and how our team comes out and kicks butt...DISRESPECT us all you want...I want all 13 teams we paly in 2005 to trash talk us at every opportunity.

Dallas Cowboys trash talked us we sent them home hurting, Miami said we were a practice game we practiced being 1st expansion team to win Back 2 Back season openers.

Jacksonville players saying we weren't rivals to them and they looked at it as another game

Dis us and learn so what DRob isn't in pro bowl let QB's throw at him next season he will get double digit INT's. Dis our D and get pounded.

I LOVE THIS lack o respect
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #54
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Dime, just my 2 cents here but...

I for one do not particularly care for Byron Leftwich. I've got nothing against him personally or anything and I'm sure he's a stand-up kind of guy. I just don't see what makes this guy a great quarterback. I see a guy with legs of stone. I see a guy who comes apart when you get to him. I don't see any innate pocket presence or ability to feel the pressure coming. He's always been (against the Texans at any rate) pretty easy to get to and pretty much lousy when he's plodding for his life.

In games against the Texans he's been innacurate and fumble prone. I've seen him drop balls when nobody was even near him. Not fumble a bad snap or botch a handoff. I mean standing there with nobody around him or plodding along outside the pocket and just flat out dropping the ball.

I read where Byron's tough. He keeps getting hit and keeps getting back up. Newsflash people, learning that your quarterback can get his head beaten in and still stay in a game is not a good thing. If your quarterback is getting pounded hard enough to have people around the NFL talking about what a tough guy he is for getting back up then you're not a team with a tough quarterback. You're a team that can't protect your quarterback. The Texans and David Carr can tell you all about that. Is it a good thing that Steve McNair can play through injuries that would send a lesser man to the sideline? Well maybe but the fact that he's been so banged up over the years that he's talking about retirement (however passing that might be) is a sign that the rep he got from being so tough isn't worth it.

Tough is good. Tough like I saw Sunday is stupid. I give Byron no points for that nor do I give the Jags any for having a "tough" QB. They've got an accurate, immobile, and easily flustered target back there. That type of QB is in the process of being run out of the NFL by speed rushing ends and linebackers as we speak.

Congrats on drafting a younger, less mobile (but mighty tough!) wannabe Dan Marino. You better learn to protect him like he's made of glass because just sitting there being able to take a lick is going to get him to where Steve McNair's mind is a lot faster than Steve got there.

I don't get all worried that Byron Leftwich is going to tear the Texans up. When McNair starts leading the Titans back on us I get nervous. When Manning comes to the line I hope we can keep him under some kind of control. When Leftwich gets ready to take the snap I actually feel better when I know it's a passing down and he's likely to throw. As poor as the Texans pass rush has been at times this season I was sure that if there was one guy the Texans could catch it would be Leftwich.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #55
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He wasn't out though, he played hurt, like he did in this game.
Whatever dude, you win. We suck and the Jags rock.
Old 12-28-2004   #56
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
We went down one in the Fox Sports power poll, too...

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3280114

thats freakin unbelievable !!!! How we gonna go down 1 after shuting out a team that was looking at play offs !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #57
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Dime, just my 2 cents here but...

I for one do not particularly care for Byron Leftwich. I've got nothing against him personally or anything and I'm sure he's a stand-up kind of guy. I just don't see what makes this guy a great quarterback. I see a guy with legs of stone. I see a guy who comes apart when you get to him. I don't see any innate pocket presence or ability to feel the pressure coming. He's always been (against the Texans at any rate) pretty easy to get to and pretty much lousy when he's plodding for his life.

In games against the Texans he's been innacurate and fumble prone. I've seen him drop balls when nobody was even near him. Not fumble a bad snap or botch a handoff. I mean standing there with nobody around him or plodding along outside the pocket and just flat out dropping the ball.

I read where Byron's tough. He keeps getting hit and keeps getting back up. Newsflash people, learning that your quarterback can get his head beaten in and still stay in a game is not a good thing. If your quarterback is getting pounded hard enough to have people around the NFL talking about what a tough guy he is for getting back up then you're not a team with a tough quarterback. You're a team that can't protect your quarterback. The Texans and David Carr can tell you all about that. Is it a good thing that Steve McNair can play through injuries that would send a lesser man to the sideline? Well maybe but the fact that he's been so banged up over the years that he's talking about retirement (however passing that might be) is a sign that the rep he got from being so tough isn't worth it.

Tough is good. Tough like I saw Sunday is stupid. I give Byron no points for that nor do I give the Jags any for having a "tough" QB. They've got an accurate, immobile, and easily flustered target back there. That type of QB is in the process of being run out of the NFL by speed rushing ends and linebackers as we speak.

Congrats on drafting a younger, less mobile (but mighty tough!) wannabe Dan Marino. You better learn to protect him like he's made of glass because just sitting there being able to take a lick is going to get him to where Steve McNair's mind is a lot faster than Steve got there.

I don't get all worried that Byron Leftwich is going to tear the Texans up. When McNair starts leading the Titans back on us I get nervous. When Manning comes to the line I hope we can keep him under some kind of control. When Leftwich gets ready to take the snap I actually feel better when I know it's a passing down and he's likely to throw. As poor as the Texans pass rush has been at times this season I was sure that if there was one guy the Texans could catch it would be Leftwich.

Good comments.. the one reason I do like Leftwich is heart tho. In college, this boy (if you didnt know) was playing in a playoff game and had his knee blown out. The coaches went to get him out... he wouldnt let them till he finished the drive. Against his coaches wishes, he lead the team down the field (being carried to each play by his Oline) till he threw a touchdown. Then, he was out. Was this stupid.... yes... But it showed me someone who would fight through a injury for the love of competition and the game. Its the heart of this kid I like. In both the games against the Texans this year, you didnt see Byron.. He wasnt playing or even acting like himself. All I have to say, is love him or hate him, lets just not underestimate him...
Old 12-28-2004   #58
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Herv so much of the ESPN power rating is based on w-l record. Therefore, the Jags didn't drop much because of that. We simply were put in a larger grouping with similar records. When that happens we tend to wind up on the bottom of that group. The Bears win was not a quality win. In reality the Jags win is probably questionable by many. Right or wrong that is just the way it is. However, having said that I still say this team has as much talent as any team out there, but it has never been developed by this coaching staff. We probably have a top 15 or better team.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #59
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default nfl.com power rankings

i know the rankings dont mean anything but this one is annoying. we go on the road and beat the jag's and we move from 17th down to 20th and the jags are still ranked 7 spots ahead of us. didnt we beat them both times we played them? how do you lose 3 spots after a win on the road to a team that was ranked 9 spots ahead of you? and the game wasnt even close.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #60
BWPaint
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth
i know the rankings dont mean anything but this one is annoying. we go on the road and beat the jag's and we move from 17th down to 20th and the jags are still ranked 7 spots ahead of us. didnt we beat them both times we played them? how do you lose 3 spots after a win on the road to a team that was ranked 9 spots ahead of you? and the game wasnt even close.
Personnaly I want all the media to say we stink...we are a bunch of losers...

...if you think about it, when is the last time that the press was right?
they are usually correct when they "REPORT the NEWS", but when they "Give Their Opinion", they are wrong 99% of the time!

Don't let it get you down...this will work to our benefit

Can anyone name me one time any of these "self-proclaimed experts" were right....hell this board knows more than any sports (I could never play the games, so I write about it) writer....

All the players of other teams read their columns and take it for gospel...THAT IS THE BEST THING WE CAN HAVE GOING FOR US.....just another arrow in our bow....I love it actually....

let them cut us down...it will be so much sweeter....

Last edited by BWPaint; 12-28-2004 at 11:30 PM.
BWPaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read