Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-14-2008   #1
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default PacMan suspended

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

minimum of 4 games. suck it Jerry!
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PacMan suspended

No surprise. I personally felt Jerry should have suspended him but I don't run the team and he didn't call me to ask my opinion so....
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #3
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

The pillars begin to tumble...
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #4
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

The Dallas Crimeboys deserve him.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #5
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish Jerry would cut him but oh well. Still think it is a little steep for something that was a non-arrest but with his idiocy and what he was promised they had to lay down the law.

This is also below in the PacMan thread.
Old 10-14-2008   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm guessing that the Cowboys would like to have Jacques Reeves right about now.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like Jerry MIGHT get smart and wash his hands of it. He is getting his pick back from the Titans already

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

Quote:
October 14, 2008
Jerry Jones: 'I am disappointed'
3:24 PM Tue, Oct 14, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips
Speaking with reporters at the NFL meetings in Florida, Jerry Jones said he was sorry about the negative publicity that Adam Jones has caused the Cowboys and the league. He almost sounded like a man who is ready to wash his hands of Adam Jones for good.

"I am disappointed," Jerry Jones said. "I really felt there was a good plan in place, but everybody has to cooperate to make a good plan work and we just didn't get it done."

When asked how much time he's spent talking to Goodell on this issue, Jerry Jones said, "Far too many times."

"Far too much investment in the commissioner's time and my time over the last several days," Jerry Jones said. "I think we've talked on this matter a minimum of five or six and face to face four or five times.

"The type of investment in time that my office and I have made on a personal basis, it is disappointing. But the promise of a good ending always will get my attention and so many times will get my effort."

Jones added: "I am sorry that we've had the negative publicity that is the price that we pay for the team, as well as the NFL. I regret that."
Old 10-14-2008   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I'm guessing that the Cowboys would like to have Jacques Reeves right about now.
Uh no thanks...I'd rather they go with their rookies.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish I started that pacman suspension over/under thread I was thinking about.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
It's cool, it'll still be a good thread to start in a month..lol.
Old 10-14-2008   #11
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't stop laughing
Old 10-14-2008   #12
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
my fault for starting this one. I didn't see that the other thread had already started discussing the turds suspension.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Sounds like Jerry MIGHT get smart and wash his hands of it. He is getting his pick back from the Titans already

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

I seem to remember that just a couple of days ago, Stretch called this a "nothing" and "ridiculous." Reminds me of the old days. Hide things under the bed, and maybe they won't exist........until someone looks under the bed and then there is "disappointment." Not for the right reasons, but for being "uncovered." NOWWW comes out the "disappointment." The real disappointment should not be felt indirectly, but from consequences taken directly to the ownership. IMHO
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #14
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

PacMan should be suspended for life, Goodell is softening up in his old age.
Old 10-14-2008   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

At what point is he kicked out of the league? Isn't this his 3rd suspension?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #16
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 15618 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I seem to remember that just a couple of days ago, Stretch called this a "nothing" and "ridiculous." Reminds me of the old days. Hide things under the bed, and maybe they won't exist........until someone looks under the bed and then there is "disappointment." Not for the right reasons, but for being "uncovered." NOWWW comes out the "disappointment." The real disappointment should not be felt indirectly, but from consequences taken directly to the ownership. IMHO
It was "nothing" and "ridiculous" up until the point that the Cowboy higher ups came to the realization that Pac had more then likely violated the terms of his probation instead of just team/NFL rules. There really is no way to call that ridiculous and save face (insert Jerry Joke), especially under the circumstances that Pac has put himself in time and time again.
Old 10-14-2008   #17
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 27616 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Silly, silly boy. What an *****, when all eyes are on him...

Nothing else to add, theres enough players in the league who do things off the field worth talking about.
mattieuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #18
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't you like to be the Pshrink that gets to examine PacMan. Can you say "narcissistic sociopath"?

At an NFL meeting in St. Petersburg, Fla., Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he had spoken to the player, whom he described as "devastated" by the news. Jerry Jones last week said the team wouldn't discipline the cornerback.

"We respect and support the decision of the commissioner," he said in a statement released by the team. "I regret that this issue has brought negative attention to the Cowboys and the NFL.

"We move forward with a very clear knowledge as to what the process will be for a possible reinstatement. Adam is well aware of where he stands and what he has to do."

The league said reinstatement will depend on strict compliance with treatment plans by the NFL and the Cowboys and an evaluation by "clinical experts."

The player's agent, Worrick Robinson, didn't immediately return messages left with his assistant and on his cell phone.

Dallas police said officers responded at about 11 p.m. on Oct. 7. Officers said the matter was over by the time they arrived and that some hotel employees reported overhearing a tussle in the men's restroom in the lobby.

The player and his bodyguard, part of a security detail provided by the Cowboys to be with him at all times, said everything was OK. Police said both were driven from the hotel by an acquaintance, and the bodyguard didn't want to press charges.

Jerry Jones said last week the scuffle was the result of back-and-forth banter between the player and his bodyguard that got out of hand. A small glass item on the vanity in the restroom was damaged.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sh...Suspended.html
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
Wouldn't you like to be the Pshrink that gets to examine PacMan. Can you say "narcissistic sociopath"?

At an NFL meeting in St. Petersburg, Fla., Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he had spoken to the player, whom he described as "devastated" by the news. Jerry Jones last week said the team wouldn't discipline the cornerback.

"We respect and support the decision of the commissioner," he said in a statement released by the team. "I regret that this issue has brought negative attention to the Cowboys and the NFL.

"We move forward with a very clear knowledge as to what the process will be for a possible reinstatement. Adam is well aware of where he stands and what he has to do."

The league said reinstatement will depend on strict compliance with treatment plans by the NFL and the Cowboys and an evaluation by "clinical experts."

The player's agent, Worrick Robinson, didn't immediately return messages left with his assistant and on his cell phone.

Dallas police said officers responded at about 11 p.m. on Oct. 7. Officers said the matter was over by the time they arrived and that some hotel employees reported overhearing a tussle in the men's restroom in the lobby.

The player and his bodyguard, part of a security detail provided by the Cowboys to be with him at all times, said everything was OK. Police said both were driven from the hotel by an acquaintance, and the bodyguard didn't want to press charges.

Jerry Jones said last week the scuffle was the result of back-and-forth banter between the player and his bodyguard that got out of hand. A small glass item on the vanity in the restroom was damaged.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sh...Suspended.html
Well, that's it. Throw him in jail and throw away the key. No breaking small, glass items in this country. We value our trinkets, dang it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #20
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Well, that's it. Throw him in jail and throw away the key. No breaking small, glass items in this country. We value our trinkets, dang it.
Pac-Man was on "zero tolerance". He didn't have ANY room for error. Even a trinket.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read