Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2008   #81
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Welcome back #23. Oh how we've missed you.

I was highly disapointed with DRob. He looked very hesitant, made a good defensive play but had to committ a penalty to do it, and was always last to the ball. Not a good first showing, but I think he'll come around
Old 10-19-2008   #82
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I was highly disapointed with DRob. He looked very hesitant, made a good defensive play but had to committ a penalty to do it, and was always last to the ball. Not a good first showing, but I think he'll come around
I wasn't really disappointed. I wasn't expecting much out of him after not seeing any game time action in almost one year. It was just neat to see him back on the field. Hopefully he comes around within the next few games though.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #83
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I wasn't really disappointed. I wasn't expecting much out of him after not seeing any game time action in almost one year. It was just neat to see him back on the field. Hopefully he comes around within the next few games though.
That's how I see it. Wasn't expecting a whole lot.

The penalty in the endzone isn't that bad. It's on a two point conversion and if your beat why not commit a penalty? They are already close, why not give yourselves another chance to stop the play if your beat on the first one.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #84
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wasn't expecting much, so I thought he did reasonably well in what for him was a pre-season game. He made one nice smack on a guy at the sidelines to knock him out of bounds.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008   #85
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

His intro today was epic ill give him that LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #86
Polo

I was impressed with Dunta...He showed that he still has some explosion wich is what I was worried about most...He showed that he can still jump, he showed that old d-rob explosion when making that tackle on the sideline...

The other stuff looked like just bad timing and getting his game legs back which should come around with more playing time...
Old 10-20-2008   #87
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Are you really serious ?
D-Rob hadn't played a single down, a single snap in any kind of game (including exhibition or preseason games), in almost a full year. And you somehow thought he'd just step out there on the field and play like he did in the 2007 season ? And I didn't even mention a very, very severe injury (actually a multiple injury), that many said might have ended his career.
I thought it was nothing short of remarkable that he was back out on the field so soon, as realistically I think many other players wouldn't have returned (if they had returned at all) under the circumstances, until the 2009 season.
I have nothing but praise to D-Rob for being back at it so soon. And most of all, I just hope they take it slow and gradual and think of the long-term for D-Robs & the Texans sake.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2008   #88
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

It was his first time back, and he played with heart. But his "rust" was quite evident. What was particularly disturbing to me was in his furvor in giving the message "I am back," there were several plays where he "piled on" when the O player was obviously down. It was surprising that he wasn't called for it.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #89
BuffaloglennTX
Rookie

Rep Power: 23 BuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
His intro today was epic ill give him that LOL
Somebody tell us - was it really, really loud for his intro or just sort of the usual half-full stadium with piped in crowd noise? I couldn't make this game but sure wished I could have been there losing my voice for D-Rob's return.
BuffaloglennTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #90
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It was his first time back, and he played with heart. But his "rust" was quite evident. What was particularly disturbing to me was in his furvor in giving the message "I am back," there were several plays where he "piled on" when the O player was obviously down. It was surprising that he wasn't called for it.
Bennett made up for the no calls towards the end of the game. What a dumb move.
Old 10-20-2008   #91
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 100796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Bennett made up for the no calls towards the end of the game. What a dumb move.
Mario wound up and threw a PUNCH at one point (someone else got called for Roughness)...I need to go back & review the tape.

Dunta looked VERY rusty and got burned, etc. all day. I didn't really expect more though. If he's not back to good reads in 2-3 games, THEN I'll start getting worried.
Old 10-20-2008   #92
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Mario wound up and threw a PUNCH at one point (someone else got called for Roughness)...I need to go back & review the tape.

Dunta looked VERY rusty and got burned, etc. all day. I didn't really expect more though. If he's not back to good reads in 2-3 games, THEN I'll start getting worried.
I really don't expect him to be his old self really until the end of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if right now he's really the 2nd or 3rd best corner on the team. He also hasn't practiced really at all with the team until this week. So yeah, he's probably as rusty as possible, and it might take another offseason to really work on it before he's back up to "full speed".

He'll get his play time, but I don't expect anything really from Dunta being back. And I think a lot of teams are going to try to throw at him when he's on the field because they know it's been awhile for him. Might as well exploit him until he shows you that he shouldn't.

I'm just glad he pretty much looked like his old self, just out of place a lot. I don't think he'll stay a step slow the rest of his career.
Old 10-20-2008   #93
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 27616 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I really don't expect him to be his old self really until the end of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if right now he's really the 2nd or 3rd best corner on the team. He also hasn't practiced really at all with the team until this week. So yeah, he's probably as rusty as possible, and it might take another offseason to really work on it before he's back up to "full speed".

He'll get his play time, but I don't expect anything really from Dunta being back. And I think a lot of teams are going to try to throw at him when he's on the field because they know it's been awhile for him. Might as well exploit him until he shows you that he shouldn't.

I'm just glad he pretty much looked like his old self, just out of place a lot. I don't think he'll stay a step slow the rest of his career.
I think the rustiness will be there for a good few weeks yet. He had a serious injury, and is lucky to be playing football a this level at all. His head will come back quicker than his physical superiority. He should be performing by our wildcard matchup I think...
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #94
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post

Mario had 2 Lions overtly go for his knees on a double team (unnoticed by the astute zebras) at the same time on the same play. I wouldn't have faulted him for doing anything after that play.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #95
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 15683 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloglennTX View Post
Somebody tell us - was it really, really loud for his intro or just sort of the usual half-full stadium with piped in crowd noise? I couldn't make this game but sure wished I could have been there losing my voice for D-Rob's return.
Ditto this question. In the post game notes, they mentioned how it was setup for the defense to be called in intros and D-Rob would be the last out. I think they said someone on defense took his helmet, so he came out w/o it. D-Rob said he was so excited to run back out there that he just did a little "clown dance".

OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #96
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

It was loud as hell when Dunta came in. Definitley an emotional time.
There were a few more people in the seats for the 3pm game rather than noon games.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008   #97
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 40925 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I'm also in the group excited to see him back on the active team. But after the types of injuries he is to climb back from, 80% will be a hefty goal for even the end of the season. I hope he beats the odds, but I think the 80% number may be more realistic for the next season. I'm afraid we may not know what we really have until after the contract period lapses. If that occurs, the Texans and Dunta will both have tough choices to deal with. That said, if anyone will be putting out unlimited effort to pull off the unlikely, it WILL be Dunta.

I was doubtful he would ever play again after reading about his injury at the time. Expressed it in writing then. Do they make an eraser for past message board posts..

Old 10-21-2008   #98
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

does anybody think robinson is gonna start a game this season?

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #99
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
does anybody think robinson is gonna start a game this season?
I would bet on first game in December, MNF against the Jags.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008   #100
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I think so if we're contending at that point.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read