Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2008   #41
Polo

Default Re: Welcome back #23. Oh how we've missed you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Here ya go......we need to hear it to get the full effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=130X7_mHD40
Excellent!

As a 23 yr. old man I should neither like nor enjoy that so much....
Old 10-15-2008   #42
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I love it! Must spread rep...yada,yada,yada.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #43
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Excellent!

As a 23 yr. old man I should neither like nor enjoy that so much....
I am old enough that I actually watched that show *sheds tear*, can't remember if it was new episodes or re-runs though, I was pretty young.
Old 10-15-2008   #44
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
What, no Epstein?
Please excuse Epstein for not being in the picture.

Signed,

Epstein's mother's doctor

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #45
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Caveat...I adore Dunta Robinson. I enjoy watching him play and I enjoy his intensity and that he is one of the few Texans who isn't always Stepford about how things are going....however.

1. He's coming back from serious injury;
2. The defense wasn't great when he was playing on the field and then all of a sudden got sucky. They have been consistently sorry for 4 years straight. That's not all on him, but it is just the way it is.

/sorryforthebuzzkill

If he comes back this year anything like himself, it will be the biggest comeback story of the year.
Old 10-15-2008   #46
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

With his contract expiring at the end of the season, I'm pretty sure he's going to go Haynesworth on a few people.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #47
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
With his contract expiring at the end of the season, I'm pretty sure he's going to go Haynesworth on a few people.
Very nice! Let's hope he'll refrain from the stomping portion.
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2008   #48
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know that his mind will be willing, but I wonder what his body will be able to do.....
Old 10-15-2008   #49
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ironically, he has said the opposite has been true so far. He coul dhave gotten medical clearance but mentally wasn't ready
Old 10-15-2008   #50
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I know that his mind will be willing, but I wonder what his body will be able to do.....
Quote:
My mind's telling me no

But my body, my body's telling me yes

Baby, I dont want to hurt nobody

But there is something i must confess (to you)

Whoo

I dont see nothing wrong

With a little bump and grind

R Kelly: "Bump and Grind Lyrics"
Old 10-15-2008   #51
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
that statement describes me at that post-marathon sorority party.

...but i digress, so.. dunta's back.
Old 10-15-2008   #52
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

We'll see how he plays.
Old 10-15-2008   #53
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Any news on how practice went today? I havent read anything, just the pre-pracitce quotes on HT.com. He wasn't on the injury report, but I noticed Kevin Smith and Calvin Johnson both sat out today vs. the Lions.
Old 10-15-2008   #54
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Any word about him during practice today?

Reliant is going to ERUPT when they see #23 running out onto the field when he finally gets to play.

I think the biggest part of Dunta's return is not that he'll be SO much better than the other CB's we have, at least maybe not at this point. But he's going to be suited up and he brings this attitude that we've been lacking. The passion and drive that seems to have been gone from our team.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #55
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Rep Power: 1035 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches

I must say it's been a long time coming and a very long wait. I'm psyched to hear Dunta's practicing again. I think it would give the team a huge morale boost, especially on D, when he gets to return to the game. I'm as giddy as a school girl now.
Old 10-15-2008   #56
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta atleast understands the position well. Just getting him back and having a guy that understands the little things will help us greatly.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #57
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Any news on how practice went today? I havent read anything, just the pre-pracitce quotes on HT.com.
Quote:
The Texans first day with Dunta Robinson back on the field was seemingly a success. His teammates razzed him. They were all clearly glad to see him dressed and playing alongside them.

Robinson played sparingly in the practice with the first-team defense. He wasn't on scout team though. And the plan this weekend is to use him for 15-20 plays, if he's ready. That's the play count Robinson said he would expect in his first game, and the coaches will probably agree with it.

His simple presence on the field gives the defense a little more swagger, and it adds a more competitive-edge to a secondary that was already pushing each other so much that DeMarcus Faggins took the starting job over Fred Bennett.

The coaches will be careful with how they handle Robinson though. They want to see him on the field as much and as often as anyone. But they don't want to mess it up. They've watched him rehabilitate for almost a year, and they don't want to push him before he's ready.
Megan Manfull to the rescue
Old 10-15-2008   #58
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

VERY promising that they didn't even bother with the scout team thing.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #59
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ha! he's got the bob sanders effect on the D...that's good to hear. This will be the 1st game of the year i attend this sunday & i'll be paying especially close to how he's moving out there. If i don't see any hitches or anything i might just stand up in my seat &
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #60
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
If i don't see any hitches or anything i might just stand up in my seat &
Just be careful not to

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read