Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2008   #1
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Lions: if not for them we would be the worst in the NFL since 2002

Our mirror image cousin from the NFC is coming to play us this weekend. I have a lot of empathy for their fans since they know exactly what we are going through. As bad as the Casserley-Capers era was, it mercifully lasted only 4 long years. Detroit fans had to put up with EIGHT YEARS of Matt Millen's idiocy. It is hard to imagine a team with a worse record than us these past few years but the Lions somehow managed to do so.

I can't relate with fans of teams like the Steelers and Cowboys, teams that have won Super Bowls. I can relate to fans of a team like the Lions. They have never been to the Super Bowl like us Houston NFL fans. They are a hearty bunch of loyal fans that have been abused this decade. Of course, I am going to yell my head off on Sunday for a Texans victory but I do hope the Lions like us will finally become a good NFL team. Texans, Bengals, and Lions fans are brothers in rooting for crappy teams.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Lions: if not for them we would be the worst in the NFL since 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Our mirror image cousin from the NFC is coming to play us this weekend. I have a lot of empathy for their fans since they know exactly what we are going through. As bad as the Casserley-Capers era was, it mercifully lasted only 4 long years. Detroit fans had to put up with EIGHT YEARS of Matt Millen's idiocy. It is hard to imagine a team with a worse record than us these past few years but the Lions somehow managed to do so.

I can't relate with fans of teams like the Steelers and Cowboys, teams that have won Super Bowls. I can relate to fans of a team like the Lions. They have never been to the Super Bowl like us Houston NFL fans. They are a hearty bunch of loyal fans that have been abused this decade. Of course, I am going to yell my head off on Sunday for a Texans victory but I do hope the Lions like us will finally become a good NFL team. Texans, Bengals, and Lions fans are brothers in rooting for crappy teams.
Somebody told me this stat.

Since 1991, there have been 21 teams that have started the season 0-6. The Bengals are 6 of those teams.
Old 10-14-2008   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Lions: if not for them we would be the worst in the NFL since 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Somebody told me this stat.

Since 1991, there have been 21 teams that have started the season 0-6. The Bengals are 6 of those teams.
Ouch! That's a painful stat.

We still have a chance to steer clear of this type of destiny since the Texans are such a young franchise. Those teams and a couple of others have been perpetual losers, I don't want to have that correlation at least not over the span of decades. Here's to hoping our team is on the way up and our team is not mixed in with those names for much longer.
Old 10-14-2008   #4
cowbellm00
100% Houstonian

Rep Power: 10 cowbellm00 is a Pro Bowlercowbellm00 is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to cowbellm00

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post

dont forget about the cardinals too man. i'm not a fan, but i'm just sayin. they're down here with us plus we both were able to get wins this week.
HOORAY! underdog victory!
cowbellm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #5
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbellm00 View Post
dont forget about the cardinals too man. i'm not a fan, but i'm just sayin. they're down here with us plus we both were able to get wins this week.
HOORAY! underdog victory!
Actually, the AZ Cards are leading the NFC West by two games.
I think you meant the St. Louis Rams.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Actually, the AZ Cards are leading the NFC West by two games.
I think you meant the St. Louis Rams.
This is an assessment over time. The Rams have been WILDLY more successful than the Cardinals have if you look at the past decade.
Old 10-14-2008   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Lions: if not for them we would be the worst in the NFL since 2002
The Texans should use this motto on their gameday program this week!
Old 10-14-2008   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well they spot them another four turnovers, I don't care who you're playing or how down they are...you're going to get beat.
Old 10-14-2008   #9
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
This is an assessment over time. The Rams have been WILDLY more successful than the Cardinals have if you look at the past decade.
oh, I see. Yeah, if the comment referred to success during the life of the franchise, then I agree. The Cardinals seem to cycle between mediocrity and total suckage. The Rams were decent when they were in L.A. and won a S/B in St. Louis.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read