Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2008   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dolphins pull a Texans

In case you guys don't know, aj is blogging at the Houston Texans Examiner. It is a new site that has some journalistic standards so the blogs are of a pretty high quality. Bookmark it!

Quote:
Dolphins pull a Texans
Add a Comment
October 12, 4:38 PM
by Alan Burge, Houston Texans Examiner

The first thing I said after Ronnie Brown scored with 1:48 remaining to give the Dolphins a seemingly safe 28-23 lead was "at least they left us some time on the clock."

But that was my football brain talking and I quickly remembered that it was the Texans who would have to drive 76 yards in a minute and a half with two time outs, and score a touchdown to win the game.

Forgive my jaded pessimism but I'm usually not making that bet.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Dolphins pull a Texans

I said that too, infact, I was rooting for Miami to get the TD so we would have time. If Mario makes that tackle we burn a Timeout, they get another play, if they're stopped again we burn another timeout and they kick a field goal, otherwise we're still down by more then a FG and only have 1 timout left.
Old 10-14-2008   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, how long has aj been writing for them? I miss the stuff he wrote for HT.com, back in the days
Old 10-14-2008   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good job, AJ.

Old 10-14-2008   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Makes incredible catches AND writes well. What a guy
Old 10-14-2008   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Best headline of the game. Nice article too.
Old 10-14-2008   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ has a new parking spot this year in Platinum that's right next to the spot where I tailgate. Nice guy. He was gone from the lot by the time I got back out there after the game, so we didn't have a chance to talk about the win, but we've talked quite a bit before each of the preseason and regular season games. The guy really knows his football, and this team.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2008   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if the Dolphins really pulled a "Texans". I thought they played a smart, near mistake free game. The one turnover Miami did make turned in their favor. The Dolphins are an overachieving team that is responding to their coaching. The Texans have more talent, and that finally showed at the end. Had Houston played a smart, near mistake free game, this wouldn't have been close.

I never really expected Miami to grind it out with the running game, with 2 minutes left. The Dolphins never established the run the previous 58 minutes, and Chad Pennington had played as well as he could have. The major mistake Miami made was not covering Schaub on the 4th down play. Schaub's perception of immobility played into the Texans' favor. Had Rosenfels been at QB for Houston, the Dolphins would have been more likely to keep a spy on the QB.
Old 10-15-2008   #9
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Had Rosenfels been at QB for Houston, the Dolphins would have been more likely to keep a spy on the QB.
Yeah, you're right, Schaub sucks... errr Sage sucks... dang, which is it... never mind, I'm lost... carry on.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #10
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I even vaguely recall hugging some dude. But I promise it was a man hug and not one of these.
Man, it's sure nice to read his articles again. Nice read aj!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read