Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2008   #1
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Early Line: Houston -10 over Detroit

http://covers.usatoday.com/data/odds.aspx

Have the Texans ever been a 10 point favorite before? Wow. That is a large line for the Texans.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Early Line: Houston -10 over Detroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
http://covers.usatoday.com/data/odds.aspx

Have the Texans ever been a 10 point favorite before? Wow. That is a large line for the Texans.
Too large. Texans haven't proved anything yet, let alone being a 10 point fave.
Old 10-14-2008   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Did you see the Lions QB? He dropped back straight out of bounds, and kept going as if he didn't realize.

I could have done better on that play
Old 10-14-2008   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Did you see the Lions QB? He dropped back straight out of bounds, and kept going as if he didn't realize.
And that is the reason for the -10. They expect him to do it 5 times next sunday
Old 10-14-2008   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I believe Kitna may play this weekend, so we don't have the running to the back of the endzone to look forward to.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #6
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Sweet.... I'll put money down on Detroit and assure us of a victory.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #7
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I believe Kitna may play this weekend, so we don't have the running to the back of the endzone to look forward to.
No sir. Kitna is headed to the IR:

REPORT: KITNA TO IR
Posted by Mike Florio on October 14, 2008, 9:54 a.m.
With no teams interested in giving the Lions whatever they wanted in exchange for the rights to quarterback Jon Kitna, the Lions reportedly have decided to place the veteran quarterback on injured reserve.

Dave Birkett of the Oakland Press reports that the decision has been made, and that it will be implemented later in the day.

But Kitna could be released from IR, once the team concludes that his back injury is healed. At that point, Kitna could sign with another team (after passing through waivers), or he could file a grievance aimed at recovering the balance of his $2.95 million base salary for 2008.

On Monday, Kitna said that he expects his back to be healed within a couple of weeks.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/
Old 10-14-2008   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

*the winning streak begins! (first one ever)

*fingers crossed

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, our defense has been known to make unknown QB's look like Pro-Bowlers. My money would be on the Lions to cover that spread.

Mario should be ripping the QB a new ass this Sunday. At least he better because there's no one else that can.
Old 10-14-2008   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
*the winning streak begins! (first one ever)
With this team I celebrate any one-game winning streak
Old 10-14-2008   #11
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Well thats good, cause so far in this season when Kitna starts at QB the opposing team always blows out the Lions and score 31+ on them.

Only time that didn't happen was last week, when *hitna didn't start.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

10 points ? Dang, lets just mail this sukker in !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder how much it would be if Roy Williams is traded today?
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

After how our team has figured out ways to lose, I am not guaranteeing anything. We did figure out a way to win though so, I'm very optimistic.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I was listening to the Texans post game on the radio as I left the stadium and the host was comparing Schaub to Kitna...I thought it was a kinda interesting comparison as our offenses are similar when it comes to moving the ball between the 20's.

Old 10-14-2008   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I was listening to the Texans post game on the radio as I left the stadium and the host was comparing Schaub to Kitna...I thought it was a kinda interesting comparison as our offenses are similar when it comes to moving the ball between the 20's.
Did they have anything clever to say ?
Old 10-14-2008   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Did they have anything clever to say ?
it was kinda a backhanded compliment since he was pointing out that Kitna can move the ball but isn't exactly what you want in a QB if you really want to make some noise in the league.

Old 10-14-2008   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

I could have done better on that play
Oh my gosh I know! My buddy and I were watching espn? or sunday night football when they were showing like the top 10 highlights. We weren't really paying attention but that caught my eye and busted out laughing. Rewound (rewinded?)... Rewound to play it again... we must have watched it at least 12 times.

I forget which announcer it was, but he said something to the affect, "Well the Lions apparently never taught this guy the correct dimensions of the endzone." LOL- That play made my day.

Anyways back to the game. I hope we trounce Detroit. Defensively, they are no better than any of the teams we've played. Offensively... I could see our Defense struggling a little but I have the fealing we're playing a lot better. I think this is a game where all facets of our team come together. I predict after this game we're feeling really good about our team and the direction we're headed. Of course I'm usually always wrong with predictions so shouldn't be saying anything!
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The way I see it is this team has to come together this week. By together I mean correct the mistakes and play a solid game of football. My reason is because it really doesn't get any easier for us now. Even with a win we will have to do something we haven't done before and that is win a 3rd in a rowe. Typically we lose that 3rd game even if the team is winless or whatever.

Then after that we have to play 3 out of 4 on the road and those team are not easy.

So if the Texans want to get some momentum they need to get well against Detroit and the only way you get well is by playing a very good solid game and not taking these guys lightly.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #20
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
The way I see it is this team has to come together this week. By together I mean correct the mistakes and play a solid game of football. My reason is because it really doesn't get any easier for us now. Even with a win we will have to do something we haven't done before and that is win a 3rd in a rowe. Typically we lose that 3rd game even if the team is winless or whatever.

Then after that we have to play 3 out of 4 on the road and those team are not easy.

So if the Texans want to get some momentum they need to get well against Detroit and the only way you get well is by playing a very good solid game and not taking these guys lightly.
Limiting turnovers is certainly something that has to be cleaned up. It's interesting, however, how clean this team is playing in terms of penalties. I can't recall a team ever playing this clean. It's interesting that the team is on opposite ends of those two measurements: last in TO margin but first in fewest penalties.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read