Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2008   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This weeks opponent(Lions), news, notes, and injuries.

Lions mum on QB situation; Kitna expects to return this season

Quote:
ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions nearly won a football game Sunday. On Monday, things seemed to be slipping back into a state of confusion.

The quarterback situation apparently was frozen by a missing trainer, and the team's star wide receiver was trying to stop endless trade rumors.

Citing the absence of trainer Dean Kleinschmidt, Lions coach Rod Marinelli refused to comment on quarterback Jon Kitna's injured back or his spot in the starting lineup when healthy. Kitna did not travel to Minnesota for Sunday's 12-10 loss to the Vikings, the first game he had not started since joining the Lions before the 2006 season.

"We'll have information about the injury for you on Wednesday," Marinelli said. "I'm not going to discuss that until we have a chance to meet with the trainers, coaches and doctors. As for the starting lineup, I won't talk about that until Sunday."

Marinelli's reticence was unusual because Kitna's injury happened in the Oct. 5 loss to Chicago, and Kitna had tests run on his back in the middle of last week.
link

For those who may have missed it check out the awareness of the Lions QB Orlovsky(Kitna's replacement) in yesterday's game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aifulCRgQEw

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #2
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This weeks opponent(Lions), news, notes, and injuries.

File this under the "Very Incouraging News" dept.
Detroit's defense gives up 250+ passing yds and 421+ total yds/game. They've given up an average of 31.8 pts/game this season.

The bad news is we've given up an avg of 31.6 pts/game. If Kitna's back, and on his game, this could be a shootout.
Old 10-13-2008   #3
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

It can be, but I can easily see the Texans winning this game. The next 3-4 games the Texans have will be very winnable.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142041 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
It can be, but I can easily see the Texans winning this game. The next 3-4 games the Texans have will be very winnable.
That's what scares me. We don't do well with good fortune. We came off a 3 great games to start last season with a lot of swagger and then had a huge letdown against the Falcons and almost coughed up a game against the Dolphins. Then we went on the streak from hell.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That's what scares me. We don't do well with good fortune. We came off a 3 great games to start last season with a lot of swagger and then had a huge letdown against the Falcons and almost coughed up a game against the Dolphins. Then we went on the streak from hell.
And just think if we could have pulled out the W against the Jags and Colts and then had the next line of winnable games.

I hope we see Dan O instead of Kitna. I am confident that at home we can win this game as long as we dont allow Williams and Johnson to go hog wild against our secondary who I like more now than I did 5 weeks ago.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
And just think if we could have pulled out the W against the Jags and Colts and then had the next line of winnable games.

I hope we see Dan O instead of Kitna. I am confident that at home we can win this game as long as we dont allow Williams and Johnson to go hog wild against our secondary who I like more now than I did 5 weeks ago.
I don't think it matters who they put back there. Even if our D gives up there usual 4 TD's, our O is going to score 40 on this team.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Do the Lions have any fans left?
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2008   #8
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope our guys practice hard all week and come out Sunday afternoon and take care of business. Growing up as a team includes winning the games you're supposed to win.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

rosencopter vs orlovsafety. that would be one for the ages.
Old 10-13-2008   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I am bringing a couple of Lions fans to the game this weekend. I have a $100 bet on the season with one of them that the Texans will have more victories.

I hope Orlovsky plays.
Old 10-13-2008   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I am bringing a couple of Lions fans to the game this weekend. I have a $100 bet on the season with one of them that the Texans will have more victories.

I hope Orlovsky plays.
Dan "twinkletoes" Orlovsky

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Dan "twinkletoes" Orlovsky
Dan "Safety Dance" Orlovsky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOZ6xFxJqg
Old 10-13-2008   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Dan "Safety Dance" Orlovsky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOZ6xFxJqg
Hey! He can dance if he wants too. He can leave his friends behind. Cus you don't dance, and well if you don't dance, your no friends of his.

Damn you. Now I will sing that for the rest of the night.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #14
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Well I wasn't really a fan of the Texans back then so I can't really comment on that . However, we could of easily won against Jax and Indy, but we didn't. We did learn from our mistakes, and I think that showed, somewhat, in yesterday's game. Hopefully this team keeps learning from their mistakes, and improves each week. Maybe, just maybe, we will see the Texans win their first SuperBowl. Is it farfetched? Yeah, but its possible.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #15
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
rosencopter vs orlovsafety. that would be one for the ages.
Throw in Carr, who sacks himself, and you have quite a party.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #16
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Throw in Carr, who sacks himself, and you have quite a party.
you just HAD to utter that name...
its bad enough I had to see his shaved head on MNF tonight
Old 10-13-2008   #17
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49424 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
For those who may have missed it check out the awareness of the Lions QB Orlovsky(Kitna's replacement) in yesterday's game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aifulCRgQEw

That's some funny stuff. I saw it on NFL Network last night. It was just so funny because he had no idea, hell he was rolling out trying to be Steve Young.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #18
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2679 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope the texans don't take either of them for granted! Were not good enough to do that yet
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #19
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
I just hope the texans don't take either of them for granted! Were not good enough to do that yet
just ask the 'Skins or the Giants about taking hungry teams for granted.
Old 10-13-2008   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
just ask the 'Skins or the Giants about taking hungry teams for granted.
How can you call yourself a Texan fan by omitting the Cowboys?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read