Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2008   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Does anybody want to do some numbers for me?

If so, tell me what the Texans record is when Andre Johnson gets at least 8 catches. It seems like the more times he gets it, the better chance we have of winning.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does anybody want to do some numbers for me?

According to my calculations, we are 6-11 when AJ gets 8 or more receptions and 1-2 this year.

He already has more 8+ reception games this year than any year in his career except 2006.

2008 - 1-2.
2007 - 1-1.
2006 - 2-5.
2005 - 0-2.
2004 - 1-1.
2003 - 1-0.

I was using the stats from here:
Pro Football Reference: Andre Johnson's Game Logs
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #3
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am just guessing but I bet that was not the result Ryan was expecting.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
I am just guessing but I bet that was not the result Ryan was expecting.
Wasnt the results I was expecting when I read his OP.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #5
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

What is the Texans record now? 34-67? If so that is a winnng percentage of 33.7%.

If the 6-11 stat is correct when Dre has 8 or more receptions, then that is a winning percentage of 35.3%. Not much difference.

However - he used to catch a lot of very short passes in the Pendry offense. Those eight catch games need to be factored out. Yardage might be the better metric, or average per catch with a minimum of x catches or something.
Old 10-13-2008   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, it wasn't really what i was expecting either. But usually a big game from him puts us in a good spot to win each time. I just blame everyone else for not finishing off the wins.
Old 10-13-2008   #7
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I don't know about the 8 catch thing, but last year I noticed the Texans were a better running team when AJ played as opposed to when he was out. I don't remember the exact numbers but I believe there was a significant difference.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2008   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 292321 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
According to my calculations, we are 6-11 when AJ gets 8 or more receptions and 1-2 this year.

He already has more 8+ reception games this year than any year in his career except 2006.

2008 - 1-2.
2007 - 1-1.
2006 - 2-5.
2005 - 0-2.
2004 - 1-1.
2003 - 1-0.

I was using the stats from here:
Pro Football Reference: Andre Johnson's Game Logs
the dink & dunk year of 2006 skewed the results
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Only stat that matters is what our record was when he DIDN'T play at all.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Only stat that matters is what our record was when he DIDN'T play at all.
When he didn't play at all:
2008 - 0-0
2007 - 2-5
2006 - 0-0
2005 - 1-2
2004 - 0-0
2003 - 0-0

So, just 3-7. Which is a 30% winning percentage without him and a 35% winning percentage with him.

For his 100 yard days:

2008 - 1-2
2007 - 3-1
2006 - 2-2
2005 - 0-2
2004 - 1-3
2003 - 1-2

So that's 8-12 which is a 40% winning percentage on his 100 yard days over his career. 6-5 or a 55% winning percentage under Kubiak and a 22% (2-7) winning percentage under C&C.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, with and without AJ SINCE DAVID CARR LEFT. Most years Carr kind of didn't use him right.

That's gives us 4-3 vs. 2-5.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #12
Ryan
THIS YEAR

The Texans are 12-11 when AJ gets at least one receiving TD.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read