Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2008   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default kube presser

1.injuries: not much from the game- Barber day to day, CTaylor day to day

2. liked the DL rotation now

3. Harrison struggled on some communication and assignments

4. Schaub struggled early

5. Schaub getting booed- part of the game

6. equipment problem with ear piece

7. kyle is doing great as O.C. we work together but he calls a lot of them

8. Dunta- encouraged by his work and health. see how he comes out of competitive environment on Wed/Thursday... may play some on sunday but not full time

9. a lot of stupid questions by McClain. is anyone else there?

10. turnover problem isn't solved

11. has matt matured as a decision maker? "we're trusting him a great deal"... in other words, NO.

12. 2nd interception- no excuse for it. Bad formation, bad decision.

13. can do a lot with Mario because he's so smart of a football player.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: kube presser

What? He doesn't want to start Sage? He's just the worst coach in the world I tell ya! Even a pop warner 10 year old league football coach would start Sage!

In all reality, Kubiak's pressers seem really close to the vest. Not much true information, and some general opinions on the game.
Old 10-13-2008   #3
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation Re: kube presser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post

8. Dunta- encouraged by his work and health. see how he comes out of competitive environment on Wed/Thursday... may play some on sunday but not full time
Man, I can't wait to see 23 back on the field. Our defense will be different for the rest of the year once he gets back into the swing of things. Welcome back Ta!
Old 10-13-2008   #4
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Best news of the presser!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
Man, I can't wait to see 23 back on the field. Our defense will be different for the rest of the year once he gets back into the swing of things. Welcome back Ta!
I thought he had to miss the first 6 games of the season?
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: kube presser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I think it is 6 WEEKS of the season.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #7
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Week 6 just finished up for the league, which means he can begin practicing this week.
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2008   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
3. Harrison struggled on some communication and assignments
harrison was playing super lazy in the fourth quarter. or at least it seemed that way to me from the 50 yd line club section (sunny side). /run
Old 10-13-2008   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
Don't you know the fans will absolutely go bonkers when Dunta takes the field!!??
I get pumped just thinking about it!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #10
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoa! Dunta back this Sunday?! Reliant will go Samuel Jackson! Hopefully this is not a rush to just get him back on the field. Last thing we need is for him to have a setback. But I'm super stoked now. I might even go to the game. I've never been to a Texans game.

Last edited by Nawzer; 10-13-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Nawzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #11
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta coming back on the field is going to be a "moment" not to be missed. Rather like AJ coming back last year. Here's hoping Dunta can have as successful a return as AJ did - an interception would be very nice.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Whoa! Dunta back this Sunday?! Reliant will go bonkers! Hopefully this is not a rush to just get him back on the field. Last thing we need is for him to have a setback. But I'm super stoked now. I might even go to the game. I've never been to a Texans game.
Hey!
Get yer own adjective!
Old 10-13-2008   #13
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Hey!
Get yer own adjective!
LOL. That's weird because I honestly didn't see your bonkers. I'm on it though.
Old 10-13-2008   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

the texans better give dunta a good welcome back.
Old 10-13-2008   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

I hope Dunta's well enough to hang with Calvin Johnson on obvious passing plays... 'cause CJ will eat Petey or Reeves for lunch.
Old 10-13-2008   #16
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope Dunta's well enough to hang with Calvin Johnson on obvious passing plays... 'cause CJ will eat Petey or Reeves for lunch.
Yeah, and with Dan Orlovsky pulling the trigger, well, the sky is the limit for Detroit!

*yes, I do remember losing to Ryan Fitzpatrick but I'm still allowed to talk smack about Orlovsky.
Old 10-14-2008   #17
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Yeah, and with Dan Orlovsky pulling the trigger, well, the sky is the limit for Detroit!

*yes, I do remember losing to Ryan Fitzpatrick but I'm still allowed to talk smack about Orlovsky.
I was thinking that Kitna would be back next week but I just heard on NFLN that he probably won't be.
so bring on the Big O
Old 10-14-2008   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Reeves can run with him, just wont see the pass.
Old 10-14-2008   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Reeves can run with him, just wont see the pass.
He did an ok job last week, and as far as I remember I did not see any horrible coverage against Miami. I'm probably wrong though, but the man deserves the thumbs up when he actually has a good game.

PS: Anyone got a linkie to the video version of Kubes Presser? (there IS a video version right?)
Old 10-14-2008   #20
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
He did an ok job last week, and as far as I remember I did not see any horrible coverage against Miami. I'm probably wrong though, but the man deserves the thumbs up when he actually has a good game.

PS: Anyone got a linkie to the video version of Kubes Presser? (there IS a video version right?)
I've been giving him credit all season. He's been pretty good and certainly our best CB this year. He does his job. I'm not sure why he gets so much grief. The Cowboys' fans were thrilled when he left. Now look at their secondary. It's much worse with the rookie and AHenry getting torched every other play.

I get that it's frustrating that he seems to be in position but often doesn't play the ball well. However, being in position shrinks the heck out of the window to throw in and creates a low percentage throw for the QB. He's certainly been a good FA pickup for value and need.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read