Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-27-2004   #1
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125
Default Favorite moment of the 04' season?

There are so many...

I would have to say week 1 vs SD when the electricity went out, right after Wong delivered a sack to brees that was pretty awesome.

Or most recent beating the Jags 21-0 idk...

What's yours?
Old 12-27-2004   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165633 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite moment comes when Bud Adams gets so disgusted he leaves the stadium. This season I got to have that moment twice! Hopefully it's something that will happen a lot in the near future.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Beating Bud's losers twice was the best moments of the season.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #4
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sweepin the Jags and beating the titans.
Old 12-27-2004   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

1) Coming back to beat the Titans when we fell down, what, 21-0 and we completed the sweep with that...
2) Sweeping the Jags
3) Getting back-to-back wins
4) Beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead
5) This one will be D-Rob winning DROY and AJ winning the MVP of the Pro Bowl

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #6
Dhedluk
Rookie

For me it was probably the one the counted the least. Gotta love opening the preseason with an 18-0 win over the Coyboys.
Old 12-27-2004   #7
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

Getting so close to being a playoff team. Not having double digits in the loss column. Next year we will have double digits in the win column.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2004   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

The picture worth a thousand words.....

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #9
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 62 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTim5125
There are so many...

I would have to say week 1 vs SD when the electricity went out, right after Wong delivered a sack to brees that was pretty awesome.

Or most recent beating the Jags 21-0 idk...

What's yours?
Yep, that was memorable but definately not my fave.

I have several, but the sweep of the cats, watching GB at our house and...and...and...there are so many!! Good season boys!!!!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #10
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

to many to count but i loved the resilance we showed at KC and how clutch we looked in the minnesota game (even though we came up short in OT)....
it is a good time to be true texan fan that has watched this team grow from year one. probably one of the best kept secrets in sports, and quite possibly the most rewarding for its fans
Old 12-27-2004   #11
Doom Capers
Veteran

1. Our near great comeback against the Vikings with AJ going upside down. Mainly because I flew in from Ohio for that game.
2. Can you say shutout?
3. AJ's circus acrobatic catch in KC.
4. Dunta's 2 first ints.
5. Killing the Browns, ohhhh my friends ( all Browns fans ) are going to hear it from me.
6. Antwon Peek starting a fight in almost every game.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #12
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr0ck
it is a good time to be true texan fan that has watched this team grow from year one. probably one of the best kept secrets in sports, and quite possibly the most rewarding for its fans

That is very true... remember when Faggins picked that ball off vs Jags to ice the game.. i'm gonna miss this team, can't wait til next year.
Old 12-28-2004   #13
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 668 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

1. coming back from 21-3 to end the Titans playoff chances + sweep
2. blanking the Jaguars to knock them out of the playoffs + sweep
3. Andre Johnson vs the Vikings
4. winning two in a row
5. Marcus Coleman's 102 yard INT return for TD vs Chiefs
6. Jason Simmons' de-cleater vs a Raiders lineman
7. first ever win vs Titans
8. Andre Johnson voted to the Pro Bowl
9. Beating the Bears in 10 degree weather
10. Texans' D allows 0 touchdowns in 11 qtrs + only 3 points in 2 games

Last edited by swisher; 12-28-2004 at 10:17 PM.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39981 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
1. coming back from 21-3 to end the Titans playoff chances + sweep
2. blanking the Jaguars to knock them out of the playoffs + sweep
3. Andre Johnson vs the Vikings
4. winning two in a row
5. Marcus Coleman's 102 yard INT return for TD vs Chiefs
6. Jason Simmons' de-cleater vs a Raiders lineman
7. first ever win vs Titans
8. Andre Johnson voted to the Pro Bowl
9. Beating the Bears in 10 degree weather
10. Texans allows 0 touchdowns in 11 qtrs + only 5 points in 2 games
totally agree with one exception- we have one more game to play & its at home, I'm thinking the end to losing seasons after only 3 years would possibly be included in your top 10. otherwise perfect
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #15
texansfan88
All Pro

10- Domanick Davis end of year surge after people wanted him gone by about week 8.
9- Texans defense stepping up 11 straight quarters without a touchdown.
8- Jason Simmons hit on Chris Brown that put the breaks on his MVP season, and Titans hopes for playoffs.
7- Jason Simmons Decleater against the Raiders on a Dunta Robinson int.
6- Texans record 1st shutout in team history and sweep the Jaguars AND ends their playoff hopes- no need for comment
5- KC Win- The start of the great 5 week play for the Texans. 0-2 and the Texans needed a win to keep morale up.
4- Battle Red Day-Who would have thought that these jerseys have so much courage, pride, independence, tradition and strength in them? 3-0 the last two years? I'll take it.
3- Sweeping the Titans-For the first time in team history, the Texans beat the Titans not once, but twice in the year, sweeping them and securing their place in last.
2- Comeback vs. the Vikings-Although the Texans lost, it showed that this team doesn't have an ounce of giveup in them.
1- Winning 2 games in a row- I guess people forget how huge this was since the beginning of the year.
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #16
fresno8
Veteran

1.BEATING THE RAIDERS, being in central cali there are so many Raiders fans and most of my friends are. I let them have it and hearing them say they didn't care about their team anymore was priceless.
2. Sweeping JAGS/TITANS
3. Watching the team rebound from a horrible 3 game losing streak to play Colts tough, then win in CHI/Jax in dominating fashion
4. Seeing my boy Carr continue to bloom, AJ becoming top 5 WR, DD rebounding from terrible start.
5. Buying the NFL ticket to get the full feeling of pride of watching our Texans grow and seeing how great our fans are.
fresno8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #17
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting at least 7 wins this season. Progress. I like that.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #18
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

1. The Comeback from 18 down to beat TEN.
2. Walking into Reliant Stadium for the 1st time ever this year (week one,SD/HOU)

MC's 102 yard INT Return for a TD...About 10-15 seconds before....I told ALL of a Yahoo NFL Football chat room..."The Texans have the worst defense in the NFL,I'm sick and tired of this team bull****** on defense."

4. The 2 game win streak!!
5. Sweeping TEN/JAX
6.Texans to Jaguars: You've got Nothing!
7.The fact that my boy,D-Rizzle(dunta robinson,respect his new nickname )...is the Def. ROY
8. AJ turning into one of the most complete WRs in the NFL.
9. Watching Carr get better and better.
10. Last but not least...LMFAO @ Jaguar fans for the last couple of days.
Old 12-28-2004   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTim5125
That is very true... remember when Faggins picked that ball off vs Jags to ice the game.. i'm gonna miss this team, can't wait til next year.
Yep. That is the one. I have the wallpaper of him standing on the rail behind the endzone in the battle red jersey and all the fans (mostly in red) going nuts.

Here's another one:

Texans win again next Sunday to make it 3 in a row.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #20
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

My fav moment to hard to choose so can i say All 3 years !?!?!?!? ok prolly texans coming back to tie the game with the vikes before losing in OT it Showed this team has a lot of heart ! And AJs catch back flip land in the end zone for the TD
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read