Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-27-2004   #1
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer
Default Cowboy great Darren Woodson retires

Quote:
Cowboys safety Darren Woodson has been the heart and soul of this defense for more than a decade. And while the affects of his absence were certainly felt this year, it appears the Cowboys now will have to find a permanent answer. The 13-year veteran is expected to announce his retirement later this week after back surgery in July to repair a herniated disk forced him to miss the entire season. Woodson, a five-time Pro Bowler, is the club's all-time leading tackler with 1,350 stops.
-dallascowboys.com

Woodson was one of my favorite players, he always came out to play day in and day out. It's really a shame he was on the injured reserve all year long, definetly would of given Dallas a big boost this season.

He was the only Cowboy that was on the roster this year that was part of the Cowboy's glory days. Now there's none.

Atleast we'll see him in the hall of fame soon!

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004   #2
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

If you're going to be a Cowboys fan atleast remember that Larry Allen is still on the team, and was the Best on that SB winning O-line.

On a side note, Jerry Jones broke this story several hours ago on Dallas radio.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #3
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
If you're going to be a Cowboys fan atleast remember that Larry Allen is still on the team, and was the Best on that SB winning O-line.
Well what I mean to say is Darren Woodson was part of all 3 Super Bowls. Larry Allen was part of 2. But your right Allen was still part of the Cowboy's glory days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
On a side note, Jerry Jones broke this story several hours ago on Dallas radio.
Nah really? I know, I was suprised when I came to the message board last night and discovered it hadn't been posted yet. So I posted it.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll miss Woodson. Great player. I figured he'd retire when I read he wasn't able to rehab at the pace he wanted.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005   #5
DFAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys!
Well what I mean to say is Darren Woodson was part of all 3 Super Bowls. Larry Allen was part of 2. But your right Allen was still part of the Cowboy's glory days.

Allen was there for one. Super Bowl XXX.
DFAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read