Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008   #121
utahmark
markbeth
 
utahmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: utah
Age: 44
Posts: 1,995
Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
First off, you want to talk about being hypocritical and being sad, how about looking in the mirror? Lol!

How about the way you homers in here get your panties all wet any time someone disagrees with your unrealistic expectations that many of you guys have been jawing out since before the season. Someone disagrees and points out a few analytical deficiencies and all some of you guys can do is start criticizing other fans and insulting them and getting angry with them. I'm not the only one that feels this way, nor am I the only one that I see people like you spewing your little hate at simply because some of us don't exactly buy into this Kubiak regime and don't like the way things are going this year. The author of the thread started off on some rant bashing other fans simply because they weren't happy with the game. That is their right. It certainly isn't yours to distinguish what is the right way to feel about a game and what isn't. Get over yourself.

The only difference is myself and a few others don't start attacking you guys for homerish expectations. When we're upset or not satisfied with how the team plays, we question the coaches and management, we don't start attempting to have pissing matches with other fans and trying to call out their loyalties. I root for my team and support them despite the fact that I'm unhappy with how the season has gone. You nor anyone else will dictate what I or anyone else has to find acceptable or satisfying as a fan. However, it is pretty classless to attack fans of your own team simply because they don't live in your same little Homer's land and post a ton of opinions to your liking like some of the 12-4 and 10-6 stuff I have been hearing in here after just one win out of 5 games.
if you stop typing in bold it would help. i feel like im being yelled at. you feel your opinion is that much more important than everyone else's that you have to make it stand out?
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #122
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem
 
Mailman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 3,618
Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Grow up and stop acting like a child because there are fans out there that don't find rainbows after a 1-4 start where we almost lost another one at home.
You'd think that someone who thinks so highly of his critical thinking skills would know better than to continually lower himself to arguments made of straw.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #123
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,451
Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Texecutioner, you have zero credibility because our complaints are completely untethered from a balanced, realistic analysis of the current state of the Texans. The arrogance you display throughout these threads is undeserved and insulting. It amazes me that you think you're offering insightful commentary we "homers" are too blinded to comprehend. Are you so thick-headed as to believe your ability to critically analyze the game is a rare skill on this forum? We all know the Texans are a mediocre team. You're not winning any Pulitzers with that groundbreaking news.
Again, I could care less about your pathetic attempts to even make this a discussion. You haven't made one honest attempt at debating your disagreements here without malice. All you've done is acted like you're right and anyone who is against what YOU THINK, is what you called a "Pathetic fan", which is essence won't get you any respect in return from me. "Get what you give".

And talking about arrogant, you can't even respect the moderator of Texans84 telling you to knock it off just now with the petty insults and childish rhetoric. That is arrogance "MY FELLOW TEXAN FAN" .I haven't insulted anyone's opinions in here unless their opinions came at me first with insults, judgments, and a poor ability to make an argument without calling out other fan's loyalties just because you disagree. Again, "Get what you give". Just like I said before to you and the other poster, don't come to a football message board if you expect everyone to agree with you. I don't make my posts for popularity or so some guy named "Mailman", will like me. I post what my opinion is, and I never said that you had to like it or agree with it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #124
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,451
Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
You'd think that someone who thinks so highly of his critical thinking skills would know better than to continually lower himself to arguments made of straw.
Same ole yada yada from you. Lol! I love your tactic of coming here to fight instead of discuss the topic. Tough guy you are, especially over the internet.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #125
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra
 
3rd and Inches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canyon Lake, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 1,427
Rep Power: 1035 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You sir are pathetic fan that can only gargle your little insults to your own fans over the net. Go to a bar and find someone in person to chirp at instead of whining over the net because people disagree with you. I could care less who you are or what you think. You don't dictate how all fans are supposed to think and what kind of win or loss they are supposed to be happy with. Grow up and stop acting like a child because there are fans out there that don't find rainbows after a 1-4 start where we almost lost another one at home.


I personally agree with Texecutioner. Just because some of us aren't happy with certain players, coaches and calls doesn't mean that we are poor fans. It means that we are fans that want the best for our team and aren't happy with barely getting a win. We want our team to be cohesive and confident. Just because someone makes an analysis after a win doesn't make them any less of a fan than someone who does the same thing after a loss. My loyalty runs true and deep. I just don't agree with a certain starter and coaches calls. So, Amen Texecutioner my bro. I think you've hit the nail on the head. :
__________________
"It's such a fine line between stupid and clever"
The Chancellor Of Lunacy
3rd and Inches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #126
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,451
Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
if you stop typing in bold it would help. i feel like im being yelled at. you feel your opinion is that much more important than everyone else's that you have to make it stand out?
This again? Lol! The bold isn't going to change. It isn't against any rules. Check the website. If you don't want to read the posts because they are in bold then put it on ignore. It's that simple. Luv Ya Blue posts in all blue, while there is another poster that uses colors as well. I like seeing the different fonts, while you may not. It's a matter of preference. No yelled at you, and if you thought I ever did you could have PM'd me and asked why, but I never did. Nice try though.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #127
ObsiWan
Contributor
 
ObsiWan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: League City, Tx
Age: 62
Posts: 13,129
Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Texecutioner has a point: The boards tend to have a lot of homer'ish opinions, and they start labeling people as not being a true "fan" unless the post is supportive and parroting the views of certain people.

However, we also have some opinions that are so strongly worded...and I'm preaching to myself here...that it drives others crazy because this team isn't going to change overnight. Which, by the way, ticks off fans such as myself who have been patiently waiting for 6 or 7 years now. And we're still mediocre at best.

At the end of the day, nobody here is going to convert a person from one side of an issue to the other side. It has to be discovered on your own, which is the best way to learn (the concept of "self-discovery"). If you arrived at a thought on your own, you're more likely to defend your thought(s) and to support them.

I've been a fan of Houston pro sports since the Mike Scott, Warren Moon, Olajuwon/Sampson days. And I don't even live near Houston. What I have noticed is that Houston fans, and I'm among them, tend to get jittery when we're on the edge of getting over the top...we're skeptical to a flaw, unlike Cubs fans who ANNUALLY whole-heartedly believe that this is their year.

We're just a brooding, cynical clan of fans IMO. We've been taught to not believe it until we see it. Missouri is the "show me" state, but Houston is the "show me" city.

I'd like for us to slow down on banging on each other. We get enough cr@p from the opposing fans and the elitist Northeastern media.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2008   #128
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,451
Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd and Inches View Post


I personally agree with Texecutioner. Just because some of us aren't happy with certain players, coaches and calls doesn't mean that we are poor fans. It means that we are fans that want the best for our team and aren't happy with barely getting a win. We want our team to be cohesive and confident. Just because someone makes an analysis after a win doesn't make them any less of a fan than someone who does the same thing after a loss. My loyalty runs true and deep. I just don't agree with a certain starter and coaches calls. So, Amen Texecutioner my bro. I think you've hit the nail on the head. :

Appreciate it my man! Isn't it funny how some of these homers in here act like they are the authority on who is a "True fan", and who isn't. Lol!

Then they base all of this on who they personally agree with or who they don't disagree with.

And on top of that being the alleged true fans that they are, they are the ones that continoully break the rules by bashing other posters and telling them what they are supposed to think and feel after a 1-4 start. Lol!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #129
Porky
Hall of Fame
 
Porky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 51
Posts: 12,190
Rep Power: 55535 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Come on folks. Can't we all have differing opinions without breaking out the insults? Remember, we are all trying to pull the sled one way. Maybe I would pull it one way, and you might pull it another, but in the end we are all trying to get to the same place - the Holy Grail of sportsdom, which is the Vince Lombardi trophy.

The bottom line is let's all post our opinions, try to respectfully disagree or at least throw out a little humor if you have to make a pointed comment, but please let's stop with all the direct insults and who is a good fan and who isn't. As far as I am concerned, if you are still on this board after this many years, that alone qualifies you as a good fan.
__________________
Your local CruiseOne Vacation specialist. www.firstclasscruising.biz Visit me on Facebook.
Porky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #130
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem
 
Mailman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 3,618
Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Same ole yada yada from you. Lol! I love your tactic of coming here to fight instead of discuss the topic. Tough guy you are, especially over the internet.
Try being consistent and logical for once and you might generate actual discussion. I pointed out your hypocrisy using your own words.

When the Texans played great and lost because of a bone-headed play by Rosenfels, you wanted no part in any discussion of The Things That Went Right. Your argument was predicable--this is a bottom-line league and the only thing that matters is winning!! Real fans just want to win!! (Another straw man, by the way).

Now, one day after actually winning a game the Texans should have lost, you refuse to acknowledge a very important point--the unquantifiable value of experiencing a clutch, come-from-behind win. Yes, the Texans played a very poor game in many facets yesterday, but they were able to overcome those mistakes and win.

Last week you only cared about the result, but this week you only care about how it came about. This tells me you care more about grinding your KubiAx than offering sound analysis.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #131
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 47
Posts: 48,142
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

I'm a true fan. But I learned a lesson from Happy Gilmore (and my doctor). Sometimes you have to make time to go to your 'happy place':

__________________
We SUCK AGAIN!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #132
Porky
Hall of Fame
 
Porky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 51
Posts: 12,190
Rep Power: 55535 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Do we have to break out Bob Ross' happy clouds again guys? Cause I'm warning you, one more outbreak, and he's coming.
__________________
Your local CruiseOne Vacation specialist. www.firstclasscruising.biz Visit me on Facebook.
Porky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #133
Fox
All Pro
 
Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 753
Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

We take the Jags to OT and lose on a coin flip and then Sage puts together the perfect catastrophe to give away the Colts game but it seems some refuse to acknowledge our team played fairly well in those games. The logic seems to be W or bust, either you win or it was a complete failure. No win, no positives.

On the flip side we play an up and coming Miami team down to the wire and this time the ball bounces our way and we get a W. Based on how those mentioned above viewed the above circumstance, ie. a loss is a complete failure regardless of what happened in between, a win should mean everyone's happy right? Wrong, it appears there is a double standard. Lose, and you can piss and moan to your heart's content. Win, and you can piss and moan anyways about how they almost lost.

Then there's my logic. Watched an exciting game and saw my team win with an improbable 1 minute drill with an amazing catch by AJ, capped by a sudden death TD scamper by Schaub. Mario continues his pro-bowl play, AJ has a career day, and Slaton continues to boost a once lifeless running game. I don't care that we "almost lost" because most games between competitive teams usually come down to a handful of plays. Those of you who've watched a decent amount of football over the years are probably aware that it's not unusual for the winning team to "almost lose" in the NFL. Mark me down as happy this week.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #134
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,451
Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Texecutioner has a point: The boards tend to have a lot of homer'ish opinions, and they start labeling people as not being a true "fan" unless the post is supportive and parroting the views of certain people.

However, we also have some opinions that are so strongly worded...and I'm preaching to myself here...that it drives others crazy because this team isn't going to change overnight. Which, by the way, ticks off fans such as myself who have been patiently waiting for 6 or 7 years now. And we're still mediocre at best.

At the end of the day, nobody here is going to convert a person from one side of an issue to the other side. It has to be discovered on your own, which is the best way to learn (the concept of "self-discovery"). If you arrived at a thought on your own, you're more likely to defend your thought(s) and to support them.

I've been a fan of Houston pro sports since the Mike Scott, Warren Moon, Olajuwon/Sampson days. And I don't even live near Houston. What I have noticed is that Houston fans, and I'm among them, tend to get jittery when we're on the edge of getting over the top...we're skeptical to a flaw, unlike Cubs fans who ANNUALLY whole-heartedly believe that this is their year.

We're just a brooding, cynical clan of fans IMO. We've been taught to not believe it until we see it. Missouri is the "show me" state, but Houston is the "show me" city.

I'd like for us to slow down on banging on each other. We get enough cr@p from the opposing fans and the elitist Northeastern media.
Great post GP! I totally agree with what you're saying. It's a shame that fans of the same team have to bicker and bash each other. I personally have a great time at games with other fans and can discuss different views in person and most fans act civil when they disagree in person, but when many people get on the net, they think they're tough and don't realize that their insults only take away from their points.

I've been rooting for my teams in Houston since I was a kid with the Stros to my Rockets of the Rodney McCray/Lucas/Sampson/Peterson days to my Oilers of the old with the Luv ya Blue with Childress/McDowell/Dishman. I find it pretty stupid how fans from the same team like to attack others just because they have different expectations or results that are acceptable and what not. I've bled my blue and red for the Texans year after year since the beginning, and I wouldn't be posting here and displaying my frustrations if I weren't a DIE HARD FAN!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #135
Porky
Hall of Fame
 
Porky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 51
Posts: 12,190
Rep Power: 55535 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
We take the Jags to OT and lose on a coin flip and then Sage puts together the perfect catastrophe to give away the Colts game but it seems some refuse to acknowledge our team played fairly well in those games. The logic seems to be W or bust, either you win or it was a complete failure. No win, no positives.

On the flip side we play an up and coming Miami team down to the wire and this time the ball bounces our way and we get a W. Based on how those mentioned above viewed the above circumstance, ie. a loss is a complete failure regardless of what happened in between, a win should mean everyone's happy right? Wrong, it appears there is a double standard. Lose, and you can piss and moan to your heart's content. Win, and you can piss and moan anyways about how they almost lost.

Then there's my logic. Watched an exciting game and saw my team win with an improbable 1 minute drill with an amazing catch by AJ, capped by a sudden death TD scamper by Schaub. I don't care that we "almost lost" because most games between competitive teams usually come down to a handful of plays. Those of you who've watched a decent amount of football over the years are probably aware that it's not unusual for the winning team to "almost lose" in the NFL. Mark me down as happy this week.
Did I hear Bingo? Because we have a winner!
__________________
Your local CruiseOne Vacation specialist. www.firstclasscruising.biz Visit me on Facebook.
Porky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #136
ObsiWan
Contributor
 
ObsiWan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: League City, Tx
Age: 62
Posts: 13,129
Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Do we have to break out Bob Ross' happy clouds again guys? Cause I'm warning you, one more outbreak, and he's coming.
..."the Bob Ross' happy clouds"...??
dare I ask....
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #137
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem
 
Mailman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 3,618
Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

The world was a better place before the copyright nazis had their way with the Bob Ross clips on Youtube.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #138
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,451
Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Try being consistent and logical for once and you might generate actual discussion. I pointed out your hypocrisy using your own words.

When the Texans played great and lost because of a bone-headed play by Rosenfels, you wanted no part in any discussion of The Things That Went Right. Your argument was predicable--this is a bottom-line league and the only thing that matters is winning!! Real fans just want to win!! (Another straw man, by the way).

Now, one day after actually winning a game the Texans should have lost, you refuse to acknowledge a very important point--the unquantifiable value of experiencing a clutch, come-from-behind win. Yes, the Texans played a very poor game in many facets yesterday, but they were able to overcome those mistakes and win.

Last week you only cared about the result, but this week you only care about how it came about. This tells me you care more about grinding your KubiAx than offering sound analysis.
You just can't stop can you?

Yes, the win is what counts. No doubt about that. I'm glad we got one, but I'm no dummy into thinking that just because we barely got out of there with one that it was a very impressive one. If we were a team that has been winning for a few years or a team that was 3-1 going into this game and still got a win, then I'd view it as more of a game where we played bad and made a few mistakes and still found a way to win, and I'd feel good about it. However, being that I've seen mistake after mistake from Kubes and this awful defensive coordinator who's defense gave up over 25 points again, I don't feel comfort in a win like that. Sorry, but do you want me to lie and ACT for you? Sorry, but that just isn't my style. I'll post and write what I evaluate, not what you want me to say.

Had we been talking about a team like the Colts who have been winning year after year and being convinced that the team knows how to win with a long proven track record of sound football and creative coaching, then I could feel a lot better about a win like that and I might be all smiles like you. But when it is with a team that has struggled over and over year after year and is under a coaching staff that many other than myself believe is screwing up a lot, then I simply can't act like we're all of a sudden on the right track of turning this thing around just because I'm a fan and I want to believe that. That just isn't being realistic in my opinion. Maybe it is for you, but not everyone. So hopefully you can accept that. Regardless, I'll be rooting for the Texans whether you like it or not and I'll be doing it my way and until I do find comfort and a ton of confidence in this regime or the direction that we're headed in I'll voice my opinions.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #139
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame
 
Silver Oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Woodlands
Section: way up the ramp
Age: 51
Posts: 3,620
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

wow...7 pages of debate...after a win.

in-freaking-credible.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #140
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame
 
The Pencil Neck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 52
Posts: 17,442
Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
if you stop typing in bold it would help. i feel like im being yelled at. you feel your opinion is that much more important than everyone else's that you have to make it stand out?
I actually have him on my ignore list because I couldn't take all the yelling.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger