Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2008   #101
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Just because you find comfort in a win where it came down to the last play and the team is still 1-4, don't expect others to find your same measurement of success acceptable and fulfilling. This is a message board where different fans give their opinions, and if you aren't capable of understanding why some fans have a passion for winning consistently and convincingly then I can't help you.

Not everyone on this board is a homer that believes this is a good team just because they are the team we root for. We still make objective evaluations and see where certain things are still lacking and expect it to improve. That is what people who are passionate about winning and achieving do.
By that token, we're a play and/or coin toss away from 3-2. A win is a win and a loss is a loss IMO.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #102
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

I seriously think the Texans have accrued some fans who ENJOY booing and crapping on the fans and the team. They are fault finders in the worst sense.
Old 10-13-2008   #103
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Man you would've thought we just lost the superbowl they way some posters here are asking for heads and wanting Sage Rosenfels to start again. Did something happen in the past week to make you forget the historic meltdown we all saw? How deep is your head in the sand Sage for President club?

Expectations are made over time and SHOULD be done in a reasonable manner. I don't it wise for both parties leveling unrealistic expectations in a short time table. You're only going to give yourself nothing but anger and damage confidence. I understand wanting to analyze a game and wanting to gauge where the coaching is, the players are and the decision making skills on both sides. I understand the frustration but at this point and time I'm willing to put that aside for the moment to understand most importantly this team needed A WIN. It needed a win so badly just to remember what it is like to get one after the rough start this season has been and two weeks of bad loses.

Some of the posters here act as if the win was handed to them. I was at work and could only see scores and play by play on occassion. When I Saw Miami had just scored late in the and on the first play of the ensuing drive Matt was sacked. I thought oh well there goes another close on and closed the page. They found a way to drive down the field and get in the endzone when they needed to. Not in garbage time but crunch time with the game on the line. That at least is a good sign. At this point in the season is going to take baby steps.

I'm going to encourage people here to scaffold their expectations. Build more expectations as they reach prior ones. It makes it a lot more realistic and easier on both sides. If you se the bar insanely high from the get go you're going to be disapointed and whomever opposite feels crushed for not being able to make such a dramatic jump. A lot can happen in a season and I know after the way we finally hit 8-8 last season many of us were thinking about the possibility of challenging for the playoffs while others went higher. A lot can happen in an offseason or start of one. Just look at the Pats this year.

Dog piling on after a W helps NO ONE.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #104
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
By that token, we're a play and/or coin toss away from 3-2. A win is a win and a loss is a loss IMO.
I agree with you here. We could be 3-2 right now if we had a coach that had a clue how to manage a game and call timeouts and challenges correctly. That is part of the frustration you see with certain fans that aren't all giddy with a record of 1-4.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #105
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, it's all Bob Ross' "happy clouds" for me!!!

Old 10-13-2008   #106
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Hey, it's all Bob Ross' "happy clouds" for me!!!

Same here, I was excited that the Texans finally found a way to win instead of finding a way to lose. Johnson's catch will be legendary for me. Schaub and Johnson definitely redeemed themselves on that final drive for their mistakes earlier in the game.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #107
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Success? Where? Which way did it go? Did I miss something?

I agree with most of your post, and I agree with the general sentiment of the OP, if not the name-calling and such. However, we should not ignore in victory what we wouldn't ignore in defeat, to paraphrase JVG.

As for success ... well, let's just say that the time for thin slicing is long gone for this team. We're fixing to be eight years gone with no playoffs in sight. Meanwhile, we've seen other teams come from cellar to playoffs. I'll try and keep the negativity in check, but yeah, I'm getting a little impatient. That doesn't mean I'm going anywhere, but it does mean I am less inclined to be putting lipstick on a pig.
Look, I'm not saying that our team is playoff bound, but we do have a lot of positives to point to. I'm impatient too, and I'm still calling for Richard Smith's head and Kubiak to learn how to be a good head coach (he makes too many boneheaded mistakes). I still think the team lacks an identity.

But you don't get there overnight, and I have the feeling that Schaub is still very much in the midst of his "rookie" season. He lacks ONE mental tool: the ability to refrain from throwing the ball into traffic. He's trying to make plays, much the same way that Sage does (which is what people like about the guy), and we have to see if Schaub can attain the mental tool that helps him make better decisions about throwing the ball into coverage. But he has everything else, especially the OTHER mental tools that Carr lacked. I see him as a bright spot and you've GOT to give him a chance to learn and progress. Those fans calling for him to get pulled are just ignorant, plain and simple. They would probably have called for Elway or Peyton to get pulled too during seasons where they struggled.

I have faith that Schaub will get there. I WANT to have faith that Kubiak and those other guys will realize that the defense needs a better coach, and they'll mix it up this off season (if not sooner). I think we have a lot of the parts of a successful football team, and things CAN gel if we give them time. I'm willing to give them time. I honestly think we're a couple SMART, EXPERIENCED coaches away from success. And yes, I think we would greatly benefit from a change at head coach if Cowher was available because he brings intangibles that would make us nasty.

My problem is you get an improbable win, and you come here and there is A LOT of pissing and moaning, people seeing only faults with a win that frankly, I didn't believe was possible. The Texans surprised me and Schaub proved he can get it done in crunch time, even with the "fans" calling for his replacement. They deserve some props for this week. They're not perfect, but by golly, why do people go out of their way each week to point it out?

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2008   #108
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is part of the frustration you see with certain fans that aren't all giddy with a record of 1-4.
Please dial down the tool factor. I don't recall anyone here claiming to be happy with a 1-4 record. If you have to resort to misrepresenting the TT optimists's position so that you can knock it down easily, you're clearly not addressing the actual arguments they've made.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #109
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

nah I am still happy......wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yeah.... day keeps getting better and better........# 5 offense int the league Detroit and Cinci on the radar...Cowboys dropping like flies and their fans are scattered and jumping off the ship..... life is good...for now pour me some more koolaid............yeeeeeehaaaaaaa 10-6 here we come.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #110
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Please dial down the tool factor. I don't recall anyone here claiming to be happy with a 1-4 record. If you have to resort to misrepresenting the TT optimists's position so that you can knock it down easily, you're clearly not addressing the actual arguments they've made.
You haven't addressed any one point of mine, so why you're over here making insults and petty jabs like a child, try making an argument of your own. If you can't handle people disagreeing with you, then a football message board is not the right place for you.
Old 10-13-2008   #111
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You haven't addressed any one point of mine, so why you're over here making insults and petty jabs like a child, try making an argument of your own. If you can't handle people disagreeing with you, then a football message board is not the right place for you.
I went back and re-read your posts on this thread... the only "point" you made was that we were 7 secs from being 0-5.

show me more
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #112
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh you busted me. You're right, I just can't handle disagreement.

Thank goodness we have the truthtellers like Texecutioner to BOLDLY tell us what we Texans fans are too stupid to see for ourselves.
Old 10-13-2008   #113
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I went back and re-read your posts on this thread... the only "point" you made was that we were 7 secs from being 0-5.

show me more
What are you disagreeing with Obi?
Old 10-13-2008   #114
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And what makes it ok for you to be a hypocrite in the sense that you are not addressing his point. Who on here is giddy about 1-4. NO ONE!! We are just happy we pulled out a win albiet an ugly one.

What is truely sad is that you come one here to breed negativity. You are far beyond stating opinion. And frankly you have been for awhile now.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #115
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Texecutioner last week:

Quote:
I'm glad that fans are upset and uneasy. At least it shows that people care and demand for success instead of being happy just to watch a team on Sunday. You play to win the game, not hang around. Real fans want to win.
Texecutioner this week:

Quote:
While you may enjoy mediocraty (sic) and feel wonderful of season after season where the team doesn't make it to the post season that is fine. Don't expect others to lower their standards for low expectations and under achievements that your okay with.

At the end of the day this team was like 7 seconds away from being 0-5 if it weren't for one last play that worked. That is not anything for a team that hadn't had a win to feel great about and feel like things have turned around. This team has a lot of improving to do.

Last edited by Mailman; 10-13-2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Unnecessary roughness
Old 10-13-2008   #116
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
And what makes it ok for you to be a hypocrite in the sense that you are not addressing his point. Who on here is giddy about 1-4. NO ONE!! We are just happy we pulled out a win albiet an ugly one.

What is truely sad is that you come one here to breed negativity. You are far beyond stating opinion. And frankly you have been for awhile now.
First off, you want to talk about being hypocritical and being sad, how about looking in the mirror? Lol!

How about the way you homers in here get your panties all wet any time someone disagrees with your unrealistic expectations that many of you guys have been jawing out since before the season. Someone disagrees and points out a few analytical deficiencies and all some of you guys can do is start criticizing other fans and insulting them and getting angry with them. I'm not the only one that feels this way, nor am I the only one that I see people like you spewing your little hate at simply because some of us don't exactly buy into this Kubiak regime and don't like the way things are going this year. The author of the thread started off on some rant bashing other fans simply because they weren't happy with the game. That is their right. It certainly isn't yours to distinguish what is the right way to feel about a game and what isn't. Get over yourself.

The only difference is myself and a few others don't start attacking you guys for homerish expectations. When we're upset or not satisfied with how the team plays, we question the coaches and management, we don't start attempting to have pissing matches with other fans and trying to call out their loyalties. I root for my team and support them despite the fact that I'm unhappy with how the season has gone. You nor anyone else will dictate what I or anyone else has to find acceptable or satisfying as a fan. However, it is pretty classless to attack fans of your own team simply because they don't live in your same little Homer's land and post a ton of opinions to your liking like some of the 12-4 and 10-6 stuff I have been hearing in here after just one win out of 5 games.
Old 10-13-2008   #117
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Texecutioner last week:

Texecutioner this week:

You, sir, are a joke of a fan.
You sir are pathetic fan that can only gargle your little insults to your own fans over the net. Go to a bar and find someone in person to chirp at instead of whining over the net because people disagree with you. I could care less who you are or what you think. You don't dictate how all fans are supposed to think and what kind of win or loss they are supposed to be happy with. Grow up and stop acting like a child because there are fans out there that don't find rainbows after a 1-4 start where we almost lost another one at home.
Old 10-13-2008   #118
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Keep this thread on topic, otherwise it will be locked.

Remember we are on the same side here guys.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #119
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Texecutioner has a point: The boards tend to have a lot of homer'ish opinions, and they start labeling people as not being a true "fan" unless the post is supportive and parroting the views of certain people.

However, we also have some opinions that are so strongly worded...and I'm preaching to myself here...that it drives others crazy because this team isn't going to change overnight. Which, by the way, ticks off fans such as myself who have been patiently waiting for 6 or 7 years now. And we're still mediocre at best.

At the end of the day, nobody here is going to convert a person from one side of an issue to the other side. It has to be discovered on your own, which is the best way to learn (the concept of "self-discovery"). If you arrived at a thought on your own, you're more likely to defend your thought(s) and to support them.

I've been a fan of Houston pro sports since the Mike Scott, Warren Moon, Olajuwon/Sampson days. And I don't even live near Houston. What I have noticed is that Houston fans, and I'm among them, tend to get jittery when we're on the edge of getting over the top...we're skeptical to a flaw, unlike Cubs fans who ANNUALLY whole-heartedly believe that this is their year.

We're just a brooding, cynical clan of fans IMO. We've been taught to not believe it until we see it. Missouri is the "show me" state, but Houston is the "show me" city.

I'd like for us to slow down on banging on each other. We get enough cr@p from the opposing fans and the elitist Northeastern media.
Old 10-13-2008   #120
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Texecutioner, you have zero credibility because your complaints are completely untethered from a balanced, realistic analysis of the current state of the Texans. It amazes me that you think you're offering insightful commentary we "homers" are too blind to comprehend. We all know the Texans are a mediocre team. You're not winning any Pulitzers with that groundbreaking news.

Last edited by Mailman; 10-13-2008 at 06:58 PM. Reason: unnecessary roughness

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read