Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2008   #41
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
can people here stop getting butt hurt about the win and also can we get a topic started for those that wish to analyze the game. people that are butt hurt over negatives comments please dont click on said topic if it gets started that way you can enjoy a worry free win
Why is you avatar frowning?
Old 10-12-2008   #42
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Why is you avatar frowning?
LOL

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #43
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

its an unhappy 4-3
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #44
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave532 View Post
Is there a way to block certain people's posts so that I can't read them? Reading through some of the negative replies to this thread are just making me mad and I don't want to start calling people retarded or.. well, can't really think of anything that really describes how dumb some of these posts are.

1) Schaub started out poorly and finished the game on a high note resulting in a win. Sage started out great and finished the game with a historic implosion resulting in a loss. Why are people still saying there's a quarterback controversy when there clearly isn't one?

2) People were saying after the Colts loss, where we had terrific stats but a loss, that stats don't matter and wins are all that count. And now, after a game where we had relatively ugly stats in a few areas but a win, are people seriously complaining about how we got it?

Some people are obviously never going to be happy with what this team does and I'm really sick of reading about it. Sure people are entitled to their own opinion no matter how wrong it might be, but this is becoming absurd.

Seriously, if there's a way to block certain people's posts let me know, I'd really appreciate it.
1) why is schaub always starting off terrible?
2) most of us feel were better than the team that picked 1st in last year's draft
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #45
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
sarcasm
What he said.

I thought it was fairly obvious, but I'll edit my post accordingly.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #46
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

AJ's grab on fourth down was legendary. Schaub played a pretty darn good game especially under the circumstances of coming in after last week's debacle. The team came out flat and did not look sharp at the start of the game but that is pretty much expected with Kubiak's Texans. What I liked is that Matt didn't give up and he grinded out a win by making a lot of important plays and keeping his composure admidst enormous pressure both mental and physical (Porter).

To continue our complete dominance of the Fins was pretty nice too. Undefeated v. the Dolphins. 4-0 all-time.

As for fans being pessimistic, what do you really expect after the season they had up till this Sunday? I may not be a huge fan of Kubiak, but he is our Head Coach and I want him to succeed but I won't hold it against someone for still being critical but when the wins come around so infrequently, you might as well enjoy them and take them for what they are. A win. Kubiak finally got one today, they still tried to give it away at the end, but luckily Karma was on our side.

This weekend was pretty nice, the Horns played a great game v. a great OU team and won with class and the Texans played a pretty good game v. a pretty good Dolphins team and continued the dominance of the Dolphins (and pending a turnaround, saved our season). Nice weekend and thanks AJ.

brought to you by the Andre Johnson Saved Our Season Foundation

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 10-12-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #47
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I am with you bro. We are a better team then some of our fans give us credit for.
What credit should we be giving? 1 win? More? Until further notice, we are 1-4 and exactly that good.
Old 10-12-2008   #48
JamesC
Lumberjack

Send a message via Yahoo to JamesC

We all know the Texans have a lot of issues and shortcomings. For me it just felt good to get the win, regardless of the opponent. I enjoyed the nailbiting victory and the Cowboys loss. We'll worry about next week when it comes.
JamesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #49
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a good win against a good team. Both teams made a lot of mistakes but we just made enough plays to win the game. It wasn't pretty but I'll take an ugly win over an epic loss anyday. Matt Schaub started of horribly but really played well and led us to a victory. Let's hope we can continue and build on this win.
Old 10-12-2008   #50
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
I'm just going to come right out and say it - The Houston Texans true fanbase is embarressed that some of you even fix your mouthes to say that your fans of the Texans. Some of you are idiots, imbociles, d-bags and every loser acronym I can think of, and here's why.

After enjoying a thrilling victory for my favorite team today, a noble effort by a QB facing all kinds of early adversity, and a defense that stepped up and played their asses off today, I get in my truck, turn on the radio, and what is the first thing I here - Some dumb broad talking about how Schaub is pathetic and how Sage needs to be the starter of the Texans. At first I'm like, okay..what the hell is her problem? The Texans won today. Needless to say, it got worse. I turned my damn radio off and started steaming. I mean, I was pissed. Caller after caller saying how bad Schaub played and how bad Kubiak coached the game and how both need to go - AFTER A F&%$#NG WIN!

So I get home and come to my favorite site to chat it up with what I thought were real Texans fans. And what do I see but more of the same. Schaub played horrible, Kubes needs to go, we want Sage, blow it all up. I mean, give me a break. We've been clammering for five weeks for our team to show some guts and nuts. They finally do it, and most fans have nothing good to say about it.

Here's how I saw it today. Schaub started out very poor. He stayed at it though which should prove he is tough enough to overcome his shortfalls. Overall, he had a solid outing and won the game for the Texans. And you idiots still hooting and hollering for Sage, are you guys serious? Let's compare: Sage comes out and plays okay through most of the game only to blow up when it counted the most, Schaub comes out and plays bad at the start only to come through and make plays when it counted the most. Do you guys really want to see Sage again?

And as far as Kubiak, please refer to my main man Polo's signature. Enough said. The bottom line is the Texans won today with Matt Schaub as the starter. They won because he made plays today. He's the starter, he should be starter, and he will remain the starter. Same for our head coach. Great overall effort by the team today. Piss poor results from the fans. We suck!
While you may enjoy mediocraty and feel wonderful of season after season where the team doesn't make it to the post season that is fine. Don't expect others to lower their standards for low expectations and under achievements that your okay with.

At the end of the day this team was like 7 seconds away from being 0-5 if it weren't for one last play that worked. That is not anything for a team that hadn't had a win to feel great about and feel like things have turned around. This team has a lot of improving to do.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #51
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course we were 7secs from being 0-5... but we're not, thanks to Schaub. That's why you see the majority of the board swanging on his nuts, including me. Matty Ice baby!
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #52
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148234 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to agree with the OP. Coming here after a thrilling win and then reading the negativity and people saying that Schaub shouldn't be the starter...well, some of the "fans" on this board come off as having the emotional stability of a 2-legged chair. The same rationale they used last week to damn Rosenfelds, they don't apply to Schaub, and I'm gobsmacked.

There are a ton of QBs that wouldn't have recovered from the start that Schaub had, but yet he found a way to get the team down the field and score with 3 seconds left to win the game. And to tell the truth, I didn't expect the Texans to pull it off. I didn't think they had it in them, and they proved me wrong. I'm happy for that because if losing sets a tone, then pulling out a win like this also sets a tone and they deserve some credit after the heaping helping of (deserved) crap that has been shoveled on to them the last couple of weeks.

It's not easy being a Texans fan, and most of the time it's due to how the team plays. But today it's not easy being a Texans fans because the "fans"...well, they seem unhappier with success than with failure.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #53
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
While you may enjoy mediocraty and feel wonderful of season after season where the team doesn't make it to the post season that is fine. Don't expect others to lower their standards for low expectations and under achievements that your okay with.

At the end of the day this team was like 7 seconds away from being 0-5 if it weren't for one last play that worked. That is not anything for a team that hadn't had a win to feel great about and feel like things have turned around. This team has a lot of improving to do.
Oh yeah, going 73 yds. in 1:40 to score a game winning TD isn't anything to feel good about. We got our first win of the season, (that's a positive),granted 1-4 is not where my expectations are for this team either. Would you be happier if we were 0-5? The weird thing is, I actually think you would be.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #54
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Brad Lidge needed to go........his problem was mental and he needed a change of scenery, I'm happy he found his game again.
But the question remains, would he have gotten through it and got over his "mental" problem if our fans had not given him so much hell?
Old 10-13-2008   #55
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
It's not easy being a Texans fan, and most of the time it's due to how the team plays. But today it's not easy being a Texans fans because the "fans"...well, they seem unhappier with success than with failure.
Success? Where? Which way did it go? Did I miss something?

I agree with most of your post, and I agree with the general sentiment of the OP, if not the name-calling and such. However, we should not ignore in victory what we wouldn't ignore in defeat, to paraphrase JVG.

As for success ... well, let's just say that the time for thin slicing is long gone for this team. We're fixing to be eight years gone with no playoffs in sight. Meanwhile, we've seen other teams come from cellar to playoffs. I'll try and keep the negativity in check, but yeah, I'm getting a little impatient. That doesn't mean I'm going anywhere, but it does mean I am less inclined to be putting lipstick on a pig.
Old 10-13-2008   #56
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Success? Where? Which way did it go? Did I miss something?

I agree with most of your post, and I agree with the general sentiment of the OP, if not the name-calling and such. However, we should not ignore in victory what we wouldn't ignore in defeat, to paraphrase JVG.

As for success ... well, let's just say that the time for thin slicing is long gone for this team. We're fixing to be eight years gone with no playoffs in sight. Meanwhile, we've seen other teams come from cellar to playoffs. I'll try and keep the negativity in check, but yeah, I'm getting a little impatient. That doesn't mean I'm going anywhere, but it does mean I am less inclined to be putting lipstick on a pig.
When did it go from a pitt-bull to a pig. Did she gain weight?

Old 10-13-2008   #57
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post

Schaub just screwed this team outa the number one pick in next years draft ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #58
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Schaub just screwed this team outa the number one pick in next years draft ....
What a jerk!

PS-Schaub, I mean.

Old 10-13-2008   #59
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantTexan View Post
Oh yeah, going 73 yds. in 1:40 to score a game winning TD isn't anything to feel good about. We got our first win of the season, (that's a positive),granted 1-4 is not where my expectations are for this team either. Would you be happier if we were 0-5? The weird thing is, I actually think you would be.
Just because you find comfort in a win where it came down to the last play and the team is still 1-4, don't expect others to find your same measurement of success acceptable and fulfilling. This is a message board where different fans give their opinions, and if you aren't capable of understanding why some fans have a passion for winning consistently and convincingly then I can't help you.

Not everyone on this board is a homer that believes this is a good team just because they are the team we root for. We still make objective evaluations and see where certain things are still lacking and expect it to improve. That is what people who are passionate about winning and achieving do.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #60
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Just because you find comfort in a win where it came down to the last play and the team is still 1-4, don't expect others to find your same measurement of success acceptable and fulfilling. This is a message board where different fans give their opinions, and if you aren't capable of understanding why some fans have a passion for winning consistently and convincingly then I can't help you.

Not everyone on this board is a homer that believes this is a good team just because they are the team we root for. We still make objective evaluations and see where certain things are still lacking and expect it to improve. That is what people who are passionate about winning and achieving do.
Maybe you missed the part where I said that 1-4 is not where my expectations are for this team. But still, I'm not going to b**** about not winning the game the way some fans might have wanted. A win is a win, and anybody who knows sports will tell you that. I'll give credit in the fact that despite 4 To's we still won the game, our players made clutch plays on the last drive and came back to win the game. Seriously, you're saying that we shouldn't be glad that we got a win. I'm sorry, I just don't get the logic.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read