Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2008   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

In the first quarter I had a guy sitting behind me screaming for Sage following the two interceptions (which admittedly were a hard way to get the fans behind you after last weeks turnover-palooza from the Rosencopter) and I was getting annoyed. I just went with it, turned around and said "What's wrong? Matt not turning it over fast enough for you?".

Still, it was an ugly game from Matt. He started out very shaky but he got better as the game progressed. Unfortunately his protection seemed to get worse so it kind of all evened out for most of the day.

I did think that he started out bad and got better enough to win which I'll take any day over starting out great and getting bad enough to lose. Now I just want to see the team build on this win. They need to go in next week and take care of Detroit (who I really wish had won that game today against Minnesota. They're going to be tougher next week because they're one more week hungrier to get in the W column. We need to take the next step and beat the snot out of the Lions, then finally win one against the Bengals. We need to see the team win, win again, and then win a third time for once in the same season. They can do it. I remember today watching them and thinking that if we weren't making so many stupid errors we'd be sitting on 45 points by now at the rate we were going. This team is too good to be as bad as they are sometimes.
Old 10-12-2008   #22
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

JBZ, you're right. All this time we thought us fans deserved better from the Texans, but actually it was the Texans that deserves better from its fans!
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #23
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

One week: THIS TEAM IS CURSED! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! All because one player has a goofy meltdown.

Next week: RAH! RAH! RAH! SCHAUB IS GOD! WE'RE GOIN' TO MEDIOCRITY LAND! All because one QB didn't happen to get dragged down by a DT on the last offensive play of the game (that mattered).

What those of us who are scrutinizing are doing is being CONSISTENT. I don't just notice the bad things when we lose. All of my perceptions of the entire game are not changed by one final play. Had that last play not worked, EVERYONE would be ticked about Schaub's 2 picks....and the 4 others he's very lucky not to have.

I am not calling for a Rosencopter start. As starters, they both suck....well, at least so far.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #24
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
There is intensity, there is an effective running game, and there are explosive plays. And to my suprise pretty decent defense when it counts.
These two things are really what differentiates this team from last year's team.

Not only have we found a new RB in Slaton, but Green is actually playing, and playing quite well. He isn't explosive, but he gets the job done.

The defense played a great game today. Okoye got some pressure, and Mario is Mario.

There were some positives to come out of this game, and the first 4 games overall. I think we all know where we need to get better, it's just a matter of getting out on the field and doing it.

I thought our D grew up today, and I think our running game continues to grow (O line included obviously).

These two aspects of the game might be the two most important, outside of smart QB play, in football. I like to see progress in these areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I remember today watching them and thinking that if we weren't making so many stupid errors we'd be sitting on 45 points by now at the rate we were going. This team is too good to be as bad as they are sometimes.
Pretty much how I feel.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #25
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Brad Lidge needed to go........his problem was mental and he needed a change of scenery, I'm happy he found his game again.
Nope. His problem was not mental, it was his knee.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #26
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ask me how many tackles Okoye had.

Old 10-12-2008   #27
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
One week: THIS TEAM IS CURSED! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! All because one player has a goofy meltdown.

Next week: RAH! RAH! RAH! SCHAUB IS GOD! WE'RE GOIN' TO MEDIOCRITY LAND! All because one QB didn't happen to get dragged down by a DT on the last offensive play of the game (that mattered).

What those of us who are scrutinizing are doing is being CONSISTENT. I don't just notice the bad things when we lose. All of my perceptions of the entire game are not changed by one final play. Had that last play not worked, EVERYONE would be ticked about Schaub's 2 picks....and the 4 others he's very lucky not to have.

I am not calling for a Rosencopter start. As starters, they both suck....well, at least so far.
Nobody is saying Schaub is God, and you know it. The only consistency here is the debbie downer crowd needed to ***** about something. We all saw how poorly Schaub played, we just don't need to hear about it immediately following a game this team found a way to win a game it ALWAYS finds a way to lose.
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2008   #28
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Just a note: It is much more insulting to call someone an imbecile if you spell the word correctly. Imbociles kind of loses the edge, you know?
I got offended that he drives a truck

About the game and fans...too tierd and drunk to deal with that now. Tomorrow
Old 10-12-2008   #29
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Some of us are running our mouthes off.
That right there is funny...I don't care who you are
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #30
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ask me how many tackles Okoye had.
Lol. Okay HJam72, how many tackles did Okoye have today? Also, if you haven't noticed, Robinson and Cochran are getting more burn in the rotation these last three games. Okoye had his best game of the season last week. Big ups to him for that. As far as today, he stood out a few times. Some of you have pegged me as an Amobi hater, but that's not the case. I like Amobi as a player. He was just playing poorly imo. He's picked it up.
Old 10-12-2008   #31
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Nobody is saying Schaub is God, and you know it. The only consistency here is the debbie downer crowd needed to ***** about something. We all saw how poorly Schaub played, we just don't need to hear about it immediately following a game this team found a way to win a game it ALWAYS finds a way to lose.
SEE! He couldn't even do THAT right!

Old 10-12-2008   #32
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Speaking for myself only, I would've enjoyed AJ's season-saving reception, but it was overshadowed by that idiotic fumble he gave to the Dolphins. If he doesn't fumble there, we probably wouldn't have had to rely on Matt Schaub (and the unanswered prayers I've hoarded for years) to fluke into an undeserved win.

Sure, the Texans got their first victory, but it might as well have been a loss considering the overall suckitude.

Such is the life of a Texans fan. We lose even when we win.

[/SARC]

Last edited by Mailman; 10-12-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-12-2008   #33
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just a note: It is much more insulting to call someone an imbecile if you spell the word correctly. Imbociles kind of loses the edge, you know?
Here comes the 3rd grade english teacher. Ooops Fixed:

Here comes the third grade English teacher.

GMAMFB, you got his message right?

I'm with you OP.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #34
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Speaking for myself only, I would've enjoyed AJ's season-saving reception, but it was overshadowed by that idiotic fumble he gave to the Dolphins. If he doesn't fumble there, we probably wouldn't have had to rely on Matt Schaub (and the unanswered prayers I've hoarded for years) to fluke into an undeserved win.

Sure, the Texans got their first victory, but it might as well have been a loss considering the overall suckitude.
Such is the life of a Texans fan. We lose even when we win.
that is retarded. a win is a win. thanks for playing.
Old 10-12-2008   #35
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I don't see alot of consistency, do you? Inconsistency between games, or throughout the game. I've seen them both. I think last year people had more of a tolerance for it because it was his first year starting, but now it's year 2. I realize he didn't play the whole year last year, but it's still year 2.
Just a note here: Ask any WCO caoch and they will tell you it takes about 3 years for a QB to fully assimilate into a specific WCO. If he's still playing badly next year, then we can confidently say he's not getting it.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #36
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
that is retarded. a win is a win. thanks for playing.
sarcasm
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #37
superdave532
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 superdave532 was voted MVPsuperdave532 was voted MVPsuperdave532 was voted MVP

Is there a way to block certain people's posts so that I can't read them? Reading through some of the negative replies to this thread are just making me mad and I don't want to start calling people retarded or.. well, can't really think of anything that really describes how dumb some of these posts are.

1) Schaub started out poorly and finished the game on a high note resulting in a win. Sage started out great and finished the game with a historic implosion resulting in a loss. Why are people still saying there's a quarterback controversy when there clearly isn't one?

2) People were saying after the Colts loss, where we had terrific stats but a loss, that stats don't matter and wins are all that count. And now, after a game where we had relatively ugly stats in a few areas but a win, are people seriously complaining about how we got it?

Some people are obviously never going to be happy with what this team does and I'm really sick of reading about it. Sure people are entitled to their own opinion no matter how wrong it might be, but this is becoming absurd.

Seriously, if there's a way to block certain people's posts let me know, I'd really appreciate it.
superdave532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #38
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here comes the 3rd grade english teacher.
Hardly. I just think if someone is going to call a group of people stupid, he should do his best not to look stupid doing so.

Thanks for pointing out you think it was below third grade level English though. I would have rated the word fourth grade level.

Quote:
GMAMFB, you got his message right?

I'm with you OP.
To me his message was mainly name calling because his feelings were hurt. It is hard to tell with the "dumb broad" and other "loser acronyms*" type comments overshadowing any point he may have been trying to make.

Give me a break indeed.

*Note that I didn't point out in my original post that they weren't acronyms either
Old 10-12-2008   #39
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hardly. I just think if someone is going to call a group of people stupid, he should do his best not to look stupid doing so.

Thanks for pointing out you think it was below third grade level English though. I would have rated the word fourth grade level.

Give me a break indeed.
That is just stewpid^^
Old 10-12-2008   #40
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

can people here stop getting butt hurt about the win and also can we get a topic started for those that wish to analyze the game. people that are butt hurt over negatives comments please dont click on said topic if it gets started that way you can enjoy a worry free win
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read