Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2008   #1
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Some of you Texans fans make my Pee Pee hurt!

I'm just going to come right out and say it - The Houston Texans true fanbase is embarressed that some of you even fix your mouthes to say that your fans of the Texans. Some of you are idiots, imbociles, d-bags and every loser acronym I can think of, and here's why.

After enjoying a thrilling victory for my favorite team today, a noble effort by a QB facing all kinds of early adversity, and a defense that stepped up and played their asses off today, I get in my truck, turn on the radio, and what is the first thing I here - Some dumb broad talking about how Schaub is pathetic and how Sage needs to be the starter of the Texans. At first I'm like, okay..what the hell is her problem? The Texans won today. Needless to say, it got worse. I turned my damn radio off and started steaming. I mean, I was pissed. Caller after caller saying how bad Schaub played and how bad Kubiak coached the game and how both need to go - AFTER A F&%$#NG WIN!

So I get home and come to my favorite site to chat it up with what I thought were real Texans fans. And what do I see but more of the same. Schaub played horrible, Kubes needs to go, we want Sage, blow it all up. I mean, give me a break. We've been clammering for five weeks for our team to show some guts and nuts. They finally do it, and most fans have nothing good to say about it.

Here's how I saw it today. Schaub started out very poor. He stayed at it though which should prove he is tough enough to overcome his shortfalls. Overall, he had a solid outing and won the game for the Texans. And you idiots still hooting and hollering for Sage, are you guys serious? Let's compare: Sage comes out and plays okay through most of the game only to blow up when it counted the most, Schaub comes out and plays bad at the start only to come through and make plays when it counted the most. Do you guys really want to see Sage again?

And as far as Kubiak, please refer to my main man Polo's signature. Enough said. The bottom line is the Texans won today with Matt Schaub as the starter. They won because he made plays today. He's the starter, he should be starter, and he will remain the starter. Same for our head coach. Great overall effort by the team today. Piss poor results from the fans. We suck!
Old 10-12-2008   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some of you Texans fans are pissing me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
I'm just going to come right out and say it - The Houston Texans true fanbase is embarressed that some of you even fix your mouthes to say that your fans of the Texans. Some of you are idiots, imbociles, d-bags and every loser acronym I can think of, and here's why.

After enjoying a thrilling victory for my favorite team today, a noble effort by a QB facing all kinds of early adversity, and a defense that stepped up and played their asses off today, I get in my truck, turn on the radio, and what is the first thing I here - Some dumb broad talking about how Schaub is pathetic and how Sage needs to be the starter of the Texans. At first I'm like, okay..what the hell is her problem? The Texans won today. Needless to say, it got worse. I turned my damn radio off and started steaming. I mean, I was pissed. Caller after caller saying how bad Schaub played and how bad Kubiak coached the game and how both need to go - AFTER A F&%$#NG WIN!

So I get home and come to my favorite site to chat it up with what I thought were real Texans fans. And what do I see but more of the same. Schaub played horrible, Kubes needs to go, we want Sage, blow it all up. I mean, give me a break. We've been clammering for five weeks for our team to show some guts and nuts. They finally do it, and most fans have nothing good to say about it.

Here's how I saw it today. Schuab started out very poor. He stayed at it though which should prove he is tough enough to overcome his shortfalls. Overall, he had a solid outing and won the game for the Texans. And you idiots still hooting and hollering for Sage, are you guys serious? Let's compare: Sage comes out and plays okay through most of the game only to blow up when it counted the most, Schuab comes out and plays bad at the start only to come through and make plays when it counted the most. Do you guys really want to see Sage again?

And as far as Kubiak, please refer to my main man Polo's signature. Enough said. The bottom line is the Texans won today with Matt Schaub as the starter. They won because he made plays today. He's the starter, he should be starter, and he will remain the starter. Same for our head coach. Great overall effort by the team today. Piss poor results from the fans. We suck!
I am with you bro. We are a better team then some of our fans give us credit for.
Old 10-12-2008   #3
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

heard that chick, it's a chick. i'm a fan and schaub sucks. people want a winner and the texans aren't there yet. cowboys are getting hell.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #4
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Ditto!
Old 10-12-2008   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Different people approach things differently.

Some people, it doesn't matter how you win, they are ecstatic and look to next week. Others like to analyze the play of the team, win or lose.

I don't think there is any need to talk about "true fans" or "real fans". Like DB says, if your watching the Texans games still, your a fan. Nobody would go through this much and not be a fan.

I don't think many people are calling for Sage, just looking at the inconsistent play from Matt Schaub.

I don't see alot of consistency, do you? Inconsistency between games, or throughout the game. I've seen them both. I think last year people had more of a tolerance for it because it was his first year starting, but now it's year 2. I realize he didn't play the whole year last year, but it's still year 2.

The main difference we have here is that some people expect everybody to be happy that we won, regardless of how it happened. Some people are happy that we won, but still feel the team did not play well, and that we are an inconsistent football team that needs to work on ALOT of things.

Again, there is no need to talk about "real fans" here. We are all real fans.

TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Reppe'd

A truly horrible performance by the QB usually doesn't involve a 70 yard drive in under 2 minutes with the QB running in the score on 4th and 2.
Old 10-12-2008   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of us are running our mouthes off.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2008   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a note: It is much more insulting to call someone an imbecile if you spell the word correctly. Imbociles kind of loses the edge, you know?
Old 10-12-2008   #9
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Just a note: It is much more insulting to call someone an imbecile if you spell the word correctly. Imbociles kind of loses the edge, you know?
lol
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #10
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Here's how I saw it today. Schaub started out very poor. He stayed at it though which should prove he is tough enough to overcome his shortfalls. Overall, he had a solid outing and won the game for the Texans. And you idiots still hooting and hollering for Sage, are you guys serious? Let's compare: Sage comes out and plays okay through most of the game only to blow up when it counted the most, Schaub comes out and plays bad at the start only to come through and make plays when it counted the most. Do you guys really want to see Sage again?

While I could do without the name calling part - I agree with everything else you said. I think the fans are in a negative cave and have forgotten what light looks like.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I think thoes people that say thoes things its all OPN let them think whatever they wanna think

But i was at the game today and Boooing Matt through out the hole game was just down right wrong i felt sad being a texan fan during when that was going on i was the only one clapping

heck i think i even see one of are O line shake his head at us in disgust on how we where booing matt

i just think booing him in the 1st Quarter was not justifed yet heck QB around the league always throw INT and dont get booed

bottom line is IMO We have Matt/Sage and both are pretty much at the same level we have no other QB expect Brink and i dont think hes going to be starting so this is the situation we are in there is no way out intill the draft
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #12
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

+1

These are many of the same people who ran Brad Lidge out of town because he wasn't able to live up to their expectations of perfection.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think our fans love to lose. They love to think that the ycould fix things. They are the opposite of fairweather fans. But worse.
Old 10-12-2008   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm usually so happy that we won that the other things can wait until next week .

There is a point and it's maybe today we learned how to win ... make plays when it counts .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #15
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
heard that chick, it's a chick. i'm a fan and schaub sucks. people want a winner and the texans aren't there yet. cowboys are getting hell.
wtf are you talking about?
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
+1

These are many of the same people who ran Brad Lidge out of town because he wasn't able to live up to their expectations of perfection.
Brad Lidge needed to go........his problem was mental and he needed a change of scenery, I'm happy he found his game again.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #17
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Different people approach things differently.

Some people, it doesn't matter how you win, they are ecstatic and look to next week. Others like to analyze the play of the team, win or lose.

I don't think there is any need to talk about "true fans" or "real fans". Like DB says, if your watching the Texans games still, your a fan. Nobody would go through this much and not be a fan.

I don't think many people are calling for Sage, just looking at the inconsistent play from Matt Schaub.

I don't see alot of consistency, do you? Inconsistency between games, or throughout the game. I've seen them both. I think last year people had more of a tolerance for it because it was his first year starting, but now it's year 2. I realize he didn't play the whole year last year, but it's still year 2.

The main difference we have here is that some people expect everybody to be happy that we won, regardless of how it happened. Some people are happy that we won, but still feel the team did not play well, and that we are an inconsistent football team that needs to work on ALOT of things.

Again, there is no need to talk about "real fans" here. We are all real fans.

Exactly. It goes both ways, look at how we were in it with Jax and should have beat the Colts. Today was a grinder and we finally got it done. What I see in all of those games in consistently better football than the first two games. Dare I say, good football. There is intensity, there is an effective running game, and there are explosive plays. And to my suprise pretty decent defense when it counts. I look at all that, plus the adversity that our boys overcame out there and I see a young team maturing. A young team that has had their ass whipped in the past but doesn't give up. They keep fighting and clawing and today found a way to win. I think this win gets cemented in their minds, a boost in self esteem if you will. We shall see.
Old 10-12-2008   #18
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33472 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Reppe'd

A truly horrible performance by the QB usually doesn't involve a 70 yard drive in under 2 minutes with the QB running in the score on 4th and 2.
Apparently they do in Houston!

379 yard passing. A game winning rushing TD. Coming back from a weekend off, due to illness. Added pressure due to stupid 'QB controversy' debates. Good 'bouncebackability' to come back from the poor start. Posting his career passing yards, and allowing his AJ to do the same.

Yea its his second season. Yea he did start off poorly. Yea he did win us this football game.

Chillax people, wait until theres another Titans game before calling for his damn head.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #19
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Exactly. It goes both ways, look at how we were in it with Jax and should have beat the Colts. Today was a grinder and we finally got it done. What I see in all of those games in consistently better football than the first two games. Dare I say, good football. There is intensity, there is an effective running game, and there are explosive plays. And to my suprise pretty decent defense when it counts. I look at all that, plus the adversity that our boys overcame out there and I see a young team maturing. A young team that has had their ass whipped in the past but doesn't give up. They keep fighting and clawing and today found a way to win. I think this win gets cemented in their minds, a boost in self esteem if you will. We shall see.
Good post. I agree wholeheartedly.
Old 10-12-2008   #20
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read