Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2008   #21
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How clutch is Schaub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Considering Matt almost lost the game for us on the first few possession, he has a long way to go before I'll call him clutch.
You don't lose a game in the first two possessions but you sure can win a game in the last two possessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #22
cowbellm00
100% Houstonian

Rep Power: 10 cowbellm00 is a Pro Bowlercowbellm00 is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to cowbellm00

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
You don't lose a game in the first two possessions but you sure can win a game in the last two possessions.

I hear that man. a win, is a win, is a win. and we got our 1st.....next!
cowbellm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #23
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

another chapter
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #24
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard that Superman wears a Schaub #8 Jersey under his uniform.

(hahahaha)

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 12-07-2008   #25
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

414 yards passing.

If this team could somehow avoid turnovers we would be scary good.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #26
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
another chapter
Tack it on to the man's legacy.. The man, the myth, the Schaub.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #27
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

It does not matter how he plays good or bad hes our QB next year its set in stone
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2008   #28
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

That was a hell of a read and throw to Andre for the second touchdown.
It was a great throw to Andre on the 2-point-busted-play conversion
(tight spiral, accurate-as-hell.) Sage doesn't have that poise, and it
cost us games.

Schaub has been calm under fire since he got here, included his first
start against the Colts last season, when we ALMOST drove for a win.
Show me when Sage has been able to calm the team down after mistakes.

Today, OD fumbled.
Today, Schaub threw a pick
Today, Slaton fumbled
Today, Jacoby muffed a punt

So, that's 4 turnovers (damn near 5 if you count Kevin's fumble.)
Yet, the team NEVER lost confidence because their LEADER didn't lose
his. Did you see Sage almost cry after only ONE interception on Monday
night?

EVERY team in the league makes mistakes, but not every team has the
poise it takes to come back and win ANYWAY. 417 yards for Schaub says
I shouldn't hear SHITELSE about a quarterback controversy in Houston.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #29
cowbellm00
100% Houstonian

He's always been a badass. We all knew the wins would start piling up once the D held the other team to under 30 pts.and I am so glad they're finally doing it. Not to take a single thing away from Schaub, but had our D played like they were earlier in the year, this day would not have turned out as well as it did.

But I totally agree, I was completly impressed with the level of play today by all the Texans. ( well for the most part. I'm not going to bicker right now because I'm still smiling from the WIN WE JUST GOT!!!)
Old 12-07-2008   #30
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still not sold on his long-term destination.

He did stone-up on a lot of clutch plays today, I admit that. You can NOT deny it.

But he also made a lot of lazy passes that were had-scratchers. I don't know if he's trying to finesse the ball in there or what. The looping pass to OD for the big gainer at the end of the game was one of those floating passes that found its mark: He MEANT to do that, but his passes downfield are generally floaters or thrown later than they should be.

And I don't like how sloe he is getting away from center. I know the knee might be sore, but this is still something that I have seen since game 3 of last year.

This was a fun game. I don't care that I don't care for Schaub. This game was fun, and it was long overdue. If Schaub keeps doing this, which is something I question that he CAN do, then I will eat my Texans cap (A little shot to SWT.) Speaking of SWT, where's he been?
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #31
PapaL
Loose Screw

How about the 1st TD throw?

He hung in the pocket, threw the ball and got creamed. He "only" threw for 350+ yards after that.

Lets keep #8 clean and we'll get more wins.

Quote:
Old 12-07-2008   #32
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Considering Matt almost lost the game for us on the first few possession, he has a long way to go before I'll call him clutch.
C'mon....the guy was coming back from injury and was rusty...Matt Schaub IS A STARTER in this leauge (fans try to diss him, because he's not a pro bowl QB) and he's great at running a 2 min. offense.

The only problem I have with Schaub is his health, when healthy he's a good QB who puts up yards in a top 5, TOP 5 OFFENSE.

Like I said before.....when healthy Matt Schaub is a prototypical pocket passer......hell his TD pass to AJ and 2pt conversion to AJ was pratically back 2 back TD passes.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 12-07-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #33
cowbellm00
100% Houstonian

[quote=DexmanC;1070176]Did you see Sage almost cry after only ONE interception on Monday
night?QUOTE]

Yeah, and for a split second, I felt like "great, here we go again". Little things like that can crush a teams momentum. Im just glad the rest of the team didn't buy into it and kept playing hard. oh well, we got our man back, and Allen got a taste of his own medicine today (y'all see that temper tantrom he threw?)

Old 12-07-2008   #34
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub was clutch today. Clutch on the 2-point play with AJ and clutch at
the end of the game to get us in field position for Brown's FG. And pretty dang good the rest of the time. Good game Matt !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #35
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

[quote=cowbellm00;1070191]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Did you see Sage almost cry after only ONE interception on Monday
night?QUOTE]

Yeah, and for a split second, I felt like "great, here we go again". Little things like that can crush a teams momentum. Im just glad the rest of the team didn't buy into it and kept playing hard. oh well, we got our man back, and Allen got a taste of his own medicine today (y'all see that temper tantrom he threw?)

Poetic justice.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #36
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Ice runs through that guys veins.
Today it did. Of course it was 6 degrees at kickoff and that may have had something to do with it but still, it sounds cool.
Old 12-07-2008   #37
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

That was so awesome- Schaub leading us on the game winning drive!!

It's incredible that we won this game. Very tough conditions for the Texans on the road. All those turnovers!? The Packers scored their 21 points off 3 of the 4 turnovers. The only time they didn't score off a turnover was Daniels' fumble on the 2 yard line.

This was a very very good win for our team. If our defense can consistently keep teams around 20 pts/ game or less, we will get a lot of W's. The score today really should have been something like 40-10!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #38
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub looked rusty today. He made SEVERAL throws into double coverage that were questionable at best. I like the guy. He can be a good QB, but I don't like the gunslinger "Favre" style I see in that. Having said all that, I think he can be the Texans QB of the future. He shows a lot of poise in the pocket and took some hard shots today that should quieten the fans who think he has a glass jaw. Like everyone else, I'm tired of looking to next year for a breakout season, but I think next season will see us take the NFL by storm. We seem to be learning how to win close games, beat the teams we should and pull out a surprise victory like todays. What I wouldn't give for a tackle of Gerrard on 4th and who cares and Sage to tuck the ball and fall on the ground.
Old 12-07-2008   #39
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub and clutch is like oil and water, seriously, he's cost us more games than he's won. Great game by him to bounce back after the pick, the more he plays the more he matures. He has the tools but makes too many mistakes. A win against the titans and running the table the rest of the year will get me off the fence. He throws up good numbers but there's always a number other than zero in the interception category. We'll go as far as he carries us.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #40
PapaL
Loose Screw

Who cares about the INTs as long as we win?

Not I.

Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read