Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2008   #1
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How clutch is Schaub?

after the game today, i was thinking about how schaub came through at the end of the game against the fins (not single-handedly or anything but you know what i mean)....

which got me thinking about how it was just like in last yrs game when he drove us down the field in the last minute against the fins....

which got me thinking about how it was just like 2 weeks ago against the jags when he drove us to a fg with a minute left..

now schaub has faults i know but i cant remember him letting us down at the end of a game when we NEEDED a score
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #2
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How clutch is Schaub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
after the game today, i was thinking about how schaub came through at the end of the game against the fins (not single-handedly or anything but you know what i mean)....

which got me thinking about how it was just like in last yrs game when he drove us down the field in the last minute against the fins....

which got me thinking about how it was just like 2 weeks ago against the jags when he drove us to a fg with a minute left..

now schaub has faults i know but i cant remember him letting us down at the end of a game when we NEEDED a score
Schaub 2 - 0 against the Dolphins

Schaub 3 - 14 against everyone else.

Schaub now actually has more wins than Sage

Sage 4 - 2

Matt 5 - 14

But, hey he got us a win today, good job, let's keep it up
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #3
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel like getting the W today the way that schaub did was good for him. He is still learning how to start and win while doing so, If he isnt a connsistent winning quarterback by the end of the season, I will be very suprised.

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
Schaub 2 - 0 against the Dolphins

Schaub 3 - 14 against everyone else.

Schaub now actually has more wins than Sage

Sage 4 - 2

Matt 5 - 14

But, hey he got us a win today, good job, let's keep it up
Schaub has played in 14 games as a Texan.
Old 10-12-2008   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Schaub has played in 14 games as a Texan.
lol...priceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I don't view Schaub as clutch or as a choke artist. He's just a QB that is still trying to learn to be a starter.
Old 10-12-2008   #7
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I don't view Schaub as clutch or as a choke artist. He's just a QB that is still trying to learn to be a starter.
yep, but I think all good QBs are clutch and he has shown that he can be that, hes just still developing...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2008   #8
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub was clutch in the game winning drive. That's all you can ask from any player, to play your best when the game is on the line. He did that today.
Old 10-12-2008   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Matt Schaub was clutch in the game winning drive. That's all you can ask from any player, to play your best when the game is on the line. He did that today.
This is sad! Clutch huh??????Sad!!!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #10
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude has poise.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Ice runs through that guys veins.
Old 10-12-2008   #12
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

So far he has two critical drives late in two different games, against the Jags and Dolphins. He of course got us in position to tie the game or win it and we did both in each games. How clutch is he you ask? Well, he's the polar opposite of Sage. I'll just leave it at that.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #13
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Hopefully he is growing into something special. If he cuts down the INTs Kubes is right, he has all the tools to be a top 5 QB...But Carr had all the tools too...

He's trying to win games for us when we need the drives, and the Defense has definitely stepped up the past few weeks.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #14
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

No, Carr never had the tool. Poise is included when talking about QB tools and Carr never shown he had that in all 4 or 5 years with the Texans. Sure he had the physical tools, but he wasn't right up in the noggin.

I know Schaub shown some mental errors as well, but I think that can be fixed with better o-line protection. If Matt o-line can keep him from getting smack on every passing play, then he might be able to develop some rhythm and comfortability in the pocket throughout the game, which will lead to better throw and better decision making.

Last edited by J-Russ; 10-12-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-12-2008   #15
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
No, Carr never had the tool. Poise is included when talking about QB tools and Carr never shown he had that in all 4 or 5 years with the Texans. Sure he had the physical tools, but he wasn't right up in the noggin.

I know Schaub shown some mental errors as well, but I think that can be fixed with better o-line protection. If Matt o-line can keep him from getting smack on every passing play, then he might be able to develop some rhythm throughout the game, which will lead to better throw and better decision making.
Yeah, but Schaub doesn't let those mental errors run him down and hurt his confidence. Carr would hang his head on the sidelines. Schaub comes out and tries to get the job done. You have to respect him for that.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #16
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Yeah, but Schaub doesn't let those mental errors run him down and hurt his confidence. Carr would hang his head on the sidelines. Schaub comes out and tries to get the job done. You have to respect him for that.
Yep. I said after the game that after he threw his two ints and knock around by the fins D, he never let it faze his game. He always came back out onto the offense with the same confidence he had at the beginning of the game. Thats what I like about Schaub and that what separates the decent QB from the good one. That's what I have confidence in Schaub to be able to develop into a good QB.
Old 10-13-2008   #17
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Hopefully he is growing into something special. If he cuts down the INTs Kubes is right, he has all the tools to be a top 5 QB...But Carr had all the tools too...

He's trying to win games for us when we need the drives, and the Defense has definitely stepped up the past few weeks.
im not sure why you think the defense has steped up. anytime we need a stop late in the game they dont seem to get it done. they just gave up 28 to the dolphins and not because of the turnovers. none of those turnovers gave miami great field position. in fact if it wasnt for the offense consistantly putting up long drives and keeping the defense off the field who knows how many miami could of scored.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Definitely. Gotta love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Yep. I said after the game that after he threw his two ints and knock around by the fins D, he never let it faze his game. He always came back out onto the offense with the same confidence he had at the beginning of the game. Thats what I like about Schaub and that what separates the decent QB from the good one. That's what I have confidence in Schaub to be able to develop into a good QB.
I agree that it's encouraging, but I do have to admit that seeing the same mistakes over and over again throughout his tenure as a Texan concerns me. Judgment is still a long way off for Schaub, though.
Old 10-13-2008   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage can play the 2nd and 3rd Qtrs.

Schaub can finish.

We don't have a starter.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #20
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering Matt almost lost the game for us on the first few possession, he has a long way to go before I'll call him clutch.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read