Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2008   #1
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This Game Only Continues the Mess

I think it’s great that we won. . . Against the Dolphins, with mere seconds to go. . . Man it looked just like it did last week at the end of the game.

I don’t care if I seem like a bad fan because I am not ecstatic that we just won our first game, against the team that was 1-15 last year. This isn’t our second season; we didn’t just get this team together. We have enough moral victories to last us quite awhile. This game should have been won in a decisive manner. This was a playoff bound team at the beginning of the year, remember?

I have higher expectations for this team, well; I think it would be more appropriate if I said I had higher expectations for this team.

I am now officially calling for the end of the Kubiak regime. Along with Kubiak, he can take his quarterback crush Matt Schaub with him, and his hand-picked defensive coordinator, Richard Smith, as well.

Here is my reasoning, agree or disagree with it:

Schaub: Poor decision making; throwing into double and even triple coverage on several occasions. If the throws weren’t into double or triple coverage, they were behind the receiver, or far to in front of him, i.e. 2 and 9 with 12 minutes to go in the second quarter; Schaub has Andre Davis wide open for a touchdown and he throws the ball behind him. There were several balls during the game that should have been picked off.

This team plays different when Sage is in. The offensive line is the same, yet there seems to be far less pressure. Why? Sage takes a shorter drop, releases the ball faster, and makes better decisions (with the exception of his 4 minute meltdown last week) than Schaub does.

Sage also uses the bootleg, which has been highly successful. The bootleg is all but nonexistent when Schaub is in.

Kubiak:
Play clock management, he has none. . . That’s enough of this subject.

Since he gave Schaub his ringing endorsement, along with our draft picks and several millions of dollars, he is unable/unwilling to make a switch in QB. I would have pulled Schaub’s candy behind after those two interceptions. Yes, I know, many of you will say he has to play through it; that you can’t just pull your qb because he’s starting off bad. You are correct when we are looking at one isolated game. However, Schaub is starting off this way more often times than not, i.e, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, and the Dolphins. Kubiak is making a poor decision by keeping him in the game. The ship is sinking and Kubiak and his man-crush Schaub are pulling it completely down!

Richard Smith:
Where's the pressure; where is the ability to wrap someone up so they don't scamper 60 freaking yards on a short screen pass!? His group just continues to do the same things! Fumble recover at the end of the game....great, let's fumble it ourselves and give it right back for a first down!

The Dolphins receiver, Cobbs, had 34 yards receiving an an NFL receiver when he walked into Reliant. He plays against the Texans, and before half time, has 135 yards receiving with two touchdowns....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

I want to win every game we possibly can, however, all this game does it keep us right where we are; stuck with a coach who is unwilling to change his line of thinking and a qb who continues to have to “play through” his rough starts.

Had we lost today, this post would probably be backed by many, however, since we were able to squeak ourselves out of Reliant because Miami left us with some time on the clock, it will be thrown to the wayside.

Last edited by Texans Pride; 10-12-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This Game Only Continues the Mess

I am extra ordinarily angry at this win.

I DEMAND SATISFACTION KILL THE SCHAUB.
Old 10-12-2008   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing about Schaub is that he won't take a sack if he sees it coming and it's the smart thing to do. He only gets sacked when it comes from the blind side. Multiple times in this game he saw the rush and just tossed it into triple coverage to avoid a hit.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey! The team won. Everything is perfect.

Wait till they reel off two in a row to end the season.
Old 10-12-2008   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
I think itís great that we won. . . Against the Dolphins, with mere seconds to go.

I donít care if I seem like a bad fan because I am not ecstatic that we just won our first game, against the team that was 1-15 last year. This isnít our second season; we didnít just get this team together. We have enough moral victories to last us quite awhile. This game should have been won in a decisive manner

I have higher expectations for this team, well; I think it would be more appropriate if I said I had higher expectations for this team.

I am now officially calling for the end of the Kubiak regime. Along with Kubiak, he can take his quarterback crush Matt Schaub with him, and his hand-picked defensive coordinator, Richard Smith, with him.

Schaub: Poor decision making; throwing into double and even triple coverage on several occasions. If the throws werenít into double or triple coverage, they were behind the receiver, or far to in front of him, i.e. 2 and 9 with 12 minutes to go in the second quarter; Schaub has Andre Davis wide open for a touchdown and he throws the ball behind him. There were several balls during the game that should have been picked off.

This team plays different when Sage is in. The offensive line is the same, yet there seems to be far less pressure. Why? Sage takes a shorter drop, releases the ball faster, and makes better decisions (with the exception of his 4 minute meltdown last week) than Schaub does.

Sage also uses the bootleg, which has been highly successful. The bootleg is all but nonexistent when Schaub is in.

Kubiak:
Play clock management, he has none. . . Thatís enough of this subject.

Since he gave Schaub his ringing endorsement, along with our draft picks and several millions of dollars, he is unable/unwilling to make a switch in QB. I would have pulled Schaubís candy behind after those two interceptions. Yes, I know, many of you will say he has to play through it; that you canít just pull your qb because heís starting off bad. You are correct when we are looking at one isolated game. However, Schaub is starting off this way more often times than not, i.e, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, and the Dolphins. Kubiak is making a poor decision by keeping him in the game. The ship is sinking and Kubiak and his man-crush Schaub are pulling it completely down!

Richard Smith:
Where's the pressure, where is the ability to wrap someone up so they don't scamper 60 freaking yards on a short screen pass! His group just continues to do the same things! Fumble recover at the end of the game....great, let's fumble it ourselves and give it right back for a first down!

The Dolphins receiver Cobbs had 34 yards receiving an an NFL receiver when he walked into Reliant. He plays against the Texans, and before half time has 135 yards receiving with two touchdowns....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

I want to win every game we possibly can, however, all this game does it keep us right where we are; stuck with a coach who is unwilling to change his line of thinking and a qb who continues to have to ďplay throughĒ his rough starts.

Had we lost today, this post would probably be backed by many, however, since we were able to squeak ourselves out of Reliant because Miami left us with some time on the clock, it will be thrown to the wayside.
This is what I called "manufactured" excitement in another thread. We all have to be excited by the 1st win. But those who see some very negative patterns have a difficult time thinking that if they are not corrected, occasionally barely winning will continue to be the only real excitement that we will be able to walk away with........when we are not losing.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #6
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think itís great that we won. . . Against the Dolphins, with mere seconds to go. . . Man it looked just like it did last week at the end of the game.

I donít care if I seem like a bad fan because I am not ecstatic that we just won our first game, against the team that was 1-15 last year. This isnít our second season; we didnít just get this team together. We have enough moral victories to last us quite awhile. This game should have been won in a decisive manner. This was a playoff bound team at the beginning of the year, remember?

I am now officially calling for the end of the Kubiak regime. Along with Kubiak, he can take his quarterback crush Matt Schaub with him, and his hand-picked defensive coordinator, Richard Smith, as well.

Schaub: Poor decision making; throwing into double and even triple coverage on several occasions. If the throws werenít into double or triple coverage, they were behind the receiver, or far to in front of him, i.e. 2 and 9 with 12 minutes to go in the second quarter; Schaub has Andre Davis wide open for a touchdown and he throws the ball behind him. There were several balls during the game that should have been picked off.

Kubiak:
Play clock management, he has none. . . Thatís enough of this subject.Since he gave Schaub his ringing endorsement, along with our draft picks and several millions of dollars, he is unable/unwilling to make a switch in QB. I would have pulled Schaubís candy behind after those two interceptions. Yes, I know, many of you will say he has to play through it; that you canít just pull your qb because heís starting off bad. You are correct when we are looking at one isolated game. However, Schaub is starting off this way more often times than not, i.e, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, and the Dolphins. Kubiak is making a poor decision by keeping him in the game. The ship is sinking and Kubiak and his man-crush Schaub are pulling it completely down!

Richard Smith:
Where's the pressure; where is the ability to wrap someone up so they don't scamper 60 freaking yards on a short screen pass!? His group just continues to do the same things! Fumble recover at the end of the game....great, let's fumble it ourselves and give it right back for a first down!

The Dolphins receiver, Cobbs, had 34 yards receiving an an NFL receiver when he walked into Reliant. He plays against the Texans, and before half time, has 135 yards receiving with two touchdowns....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

I want to win every game we possibly can, however, all this game does it keep us right where we are; stuck with a coach who is unwilling to change his line of thinking and a qb who continues to have to ďplay throughĒ his rough starts.

that pass to davis wouldnt of been a td.

you can think the brown/porter machup for schaub's lack of time to throw the ball.

clock managment looked pretty good at the end of the game.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i think matt has 2 free season of play time for this team and if hes not for this team then we will start sage since the 1st season he gets a free pass he was hurt and that was his first time starting

and lets just say sage has not shown 100% hes a solidfied starter after what happend last week
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2008   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree. Kubiak called a good game.
Old 10-12-2008   #9
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think itís great that we won. . . Against the Dolphins, with mere seconds to go. . . Man it looked just like it did last week at the end of the game.

I donít care if I seem like a bad fan because I am not ecstatic that we just won our first game, against the team that was 1-15 last year. This isnít our second season; we didnít just get this team together. We have enough moral victories to last us quite awhile. This game should have been won in a decisive manner. This was a playoff bound team at the beginning of the year, remember?

Kubiak:

Since he gave Schaub his ringing endorsement, along with our draft picks and several millions of dollars, he is unable/unwilling to make a switch in QB. I would have pulled Schaubís candy behind after those two interceptions. Yes, I know, many of you will say he has to play through it; that you canít just pull your qb because heís starting off bad. You are correct when we are looking at one isolated game. However, Schaub is starting off this way more often times than not, i.e, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, and the Dolphins. Kubiak is making a poor decision by keeping him in the game. The ship is sinking and Kubiak and his man-crush Schaub are pulling it completely down!

Richard Smith:

1. You can't just exclude parts of a player's stats/game that you don't want to include. It's like saying a RB averaged a measly 3 yards a carry, minus the two 40+ yard runs he broke off.

2. You don't bench your starting QB after two INTs. If Kubiak had, then I might be the one questioning his decision making. After those 2 interceptions (and yes, I know he threw many others that COULD have been INTs), he didn't throw another one, and we won the game. Besides, you take Schaub out and put in Sage? Really? After the 4th quarter meltdown he had last week? You're going to put it back into his hands since Schaub threw 2 interceptions in the first quarter? It's like pulling out Brown since he let Porter get to Schaub; you have to keep your starters out there.

3. It's not really the DC's fault when someone fumbles the ball...
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

There is still a long way to go.

It is a good thing that the team won a game, no doubt about it. But just as they may have been 0-4 because they were "playing play-off teams from last year" they may now be 1-4 because the "played a 1-15 team from last year".

I don't think the Texans win many games with a -3 turnover ratio. There are areas that need a lot of work; maybe they did learn to have confidence with the game on the line though. That would be a good step in the right direction.
Old 10-12-2008   #11
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Kubiak:

Richard Smith:

There is so much I disagree with in this post, but I just want to point out that if you were in charge and pulled Schaub after the interceptions - the game would more than likely have been lost. So, I for one, am thrilled Kubiak is making the calls and not you.
Old 10-12-2008   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

OD for QB!

OK, now I'm just messin' with ya.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

What gets me when we get into the Red zone.. we seem to lose track of Daniels.. Is he in the formations that we use?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #14
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I'm not going to bash the team for a week. All season long they found ways to lose games, today they found a way to win. Yeah it was a ugly win, the Colts won ugly against us and destroyed the Ravens this week...so hopefully it was just one of those things where all this team needed was some proof that if they worked hard enough they could win...and dontcha forget about dunta!
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
I'm not going to bash the team for a week. All season long they found ways to lose games, today they found a way to win. Yeah it was a ugly win, the Colts won ugly against us and destroyed the Ravens this week...so hopefully it was just one of those things where all this team needed was some proof that if they worked hard enough they could win...and dontcha forget about dunta!
Who's Dunta?

Oh, that Dunta!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #16
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I disagree. Kubiak called a good game.

I agree, I think Kubiak called a great game; I just think it would have been better with a different qb under center.
Old 10-12-2008   #17
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
2. You don't bench your starting QB after two INTs. If Kubiak had, then I might be the one questioning his decision making. After those 2 interceptions (and yes, I know he threw many others that COULD have been INTs), he didn't throw another one, and we won the game. Besides, you take Schaub out and put in Sage? Really? After the 4th quarter meltdown he had last week? You're going to put it back into his hands since Schaub threw 2 interceptions in the first quarter? It's like pulling out Brown since he let Porter get to Schaub; you have to keep your starters out there.
Of course you don't, if this is one or two games.

This play has gone back to the preseason against the Cowboys. You have to look at the whole picture rather than a slice. His play against the Jags was the exception.
Old 10-12-2008   #18
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
There is so much I disagree with in this post, but I just want to point out that if you were in charge and pulled Schaub after the interceptions - the game would more than likely have been lost. So, I for one, am thrilled Kubiak is making the calls and not you.
What gives you this indication; are you going back to Sage's meltdown?
Old 10-12-2008   #19
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What gives you this indication; are you going back to Sage's meltdown?
After last week, I am stunned that you would be so keen on putting Sage back out there. Stunned.
Old 10-12-2008   #20
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I had totally lost all hope in Jacoby Jones. I thought his confidence was shot for good seeing all the balls he would just let fall right in front of him instead of calling a fair catch. I'm glad Kubiak is making those calls because we could not have won without JJ. Once Duane Brown gets the hang of this whole LT in the NFL deal I expect Schaub to be much more consistent.

If we had lost there would indeed have been a different tone on this board but one could just as easily argue that had we beat Jacksonville and or Indy the mood would have been more upbeat.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read