Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2008   #21
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manufactured excitement

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Honestly, a perfect game by the Texans where we win by 30 is not that exciting. Its boring. This game was the definition of exciting. I didn't know who would win until the last second ticked off the clock
You're kidding! THAT would excite the heck out of me!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #22
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 175288 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
we had 2 timeouts. they couldnt of took hardly anymore time off the clock. if they would of kicked a fieldgoal we would of been in about the same situation. 1:30 left with no timeouts but only have to get into field goal range to win instead of 1:45 left 2 time outs but we need 6. i see no diff in those 2 situations.
In fact, one could argue the Phins did the smart thing by going up 6 instead of 3. You would HOPE your D could keep a team out of the endzone as opposed to being in a spot where if they give up 2-3 first downs they lose.

C-nnn-D... I must admit this is one of the few times you're logic completely escapes me.

Yes, it was sloppily played game by us. We should have had our way with them with as many 3-&-outs as we forced. ...we handled them nearly all day only to give up BIG plays (gee, just like last week)
And, once again, one of our guys had a brain-fart when presented with the opportunity to put the game away by merely sliding to be sure we maintained possession....

...but "manufactured"?? What you mean by that escapes me.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #23
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
we had 2 timeouts. they couldnt of took hardly anymore time off the clock. if they would of kicked a fieldgoal we would of been in about the same situation. 1:30 left with no timeouts but only have to get into field goal range to win instead of 1:45 left 2 time outs but we need 6. i see no diff in those 2 situations.
you and your pesky facts gettin in the way of a good ol' "Kubiak sux" thread.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #24
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
...but "manufactured"?? What you mean by that escapes me.
Only Howard in Memorial understands.
Old 10-12-2008   #25
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I understand this thread completely.

This is why you guys get so suprised. We win and we're great, we lose and we suck. There is no middle ground.

Recognize when we play a bad game wither we win or lose and you won't be so pissed and suprised after our losses.

People act like every secondary in the league is equal. The Dolphins have one of the worst secondaries in the league, if not the worst.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #26
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I understand this thread completely.

This is why you guys get so suprised. We win and we're great, we lose and we suck. There is no middle ground.

Recognize when we play a bad game wither we win or lose and you won't be so pissed and suprised after our losses.

People act like every secondary in the league is equal. The Dolphins have one of the worst secondaries in the league, if not the worst.
I don't think anyone is saying we're great because we beat the Dolphins. We're saying there's a time and place for everything, and pissing in the campfire when everyone's breaking out the graham crackers and marshmallows isn't gonna fly.
Old 10-12-2008   #27
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
I don't think anyone is saying we're great because we beat the Dolphins. We're saying there's a time and place for everything, and pissing in the campfire when everyone's breaking out the graham crackers and marshmallows isn't gonna fly.
What's there to break out the marshmellows for?

I'm happy we won, but we did not play well today. We should have won this game by multiple possessions.

I'm not one to be super happy over a win for more than 30 minutes if our team played bad and probably should have lost the game.

I like to look at the whole picture and evaluate the team, win or lose.

I guess winning is so rare here that when we win everybody gets Koolaid poisoning.
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2008   #28
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am a much better poster here than most of you because I think the Texans are crappy. Even when they win.
Why do a lot of the people on here that are trying to pooh-pooh the win come off sounding like this?
Old 10-12-2008   #29
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If someone (more important than me) doesn't piss in the campfire now, as you put it, there likely won't be any need to be breaking out the graham crackers and marshmallows too often in the future.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #30
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually I think losing is so common that the boo-birds have taken a permanent nest. The whole point of watching football is for the fun of it, and especially the fun of winning. If you start complaining that there weren't enough screen plays run for your particular liking even after we win an exciting game, nothing will make you happy.

Schaub started poorly, and there were certainly mistakes to go around. But often times a team only needs a shot of confidence to start the train rolling.

You guys should become Cubs fans. Plenty of whining for everyone there
Old 10-12-2008   #31
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
What's there to break out the marshmellows for?
An improbable comeback victory? This team needed one of those badly. Learning to win is a critical step in the maturation process.
Old 10-12-2008   #32
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
An improbable comeback victory? This team needed one of those badly. Learning to win is a critical step in the maturation process.
But Kris Brown only put the ball at a 48 degree angle on the tee before the kickoff! How can you celebrate at a time like this???
Old 10-12-2008   #33
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Why do a lot of the people on here that are trying to pooh-pooh the win come off sounding like this?
It's because alot of us have understand what happened in this football game, and don't forget all the things that happened after we win.

I guess we should all be ignoring the bad things that happen when we win. Smart way to go about things!

Great argument by the way. You really nailed it on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If someone (more important than me) doesn't piss in the campfire now, as you put it, there likely won't be any need to be breaking out the graham crackers and marshmallows too often in the future.
It's the same people who praise and drink the Koolaid now who are dumbfounded when we lose, as if they didn't see it coming.

Waste of time to explain yourself I suppose.
Old 10-12-2008   #34
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

There's ample tape to dissect and talk about in the next few days, I just think we should soak up a win and discuss the negatives in the middle of the week.
Old 10-12-2008   #35
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
What?

We won as many games as we lost last year, and are fielding a very similar football team. Doesn't seem to have "matured" the team in any way.

Again, I am happy that we won, but I would like to analyze the play of our team. Not drink Koolaid and type "rah rah" on texanstalk.
Old 10-12-2008   #36
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

We've averaged 28 points over the last 3 games.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #37
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's because alot of us have understand what happened in this football game, and don't forget all the things that happened after we win.

I guess we should all be ignoring the bad things that happen when we win. Smart way to go about things!

Great argument by the way. You really nailed it on that one.
Warning, condescending tone while posting about how they understand football better incoming!

Yeah, so I must not understand football because I was happy that the Texans won, I must be a bad fan.
Old 10-12-2008   #38
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Warning, condescending tone while posting about how they understand football better incoming!

Yeah, so I must not understand football because I was happy that the Texans won, I must be a bad fan.
Exactly. I'm about to get nasty with this oosh.
Old 10-12-2008   #39
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
You're kidding! THAT would excite the heck out of me!
Im getting excited just thinking about it!!!
Old 10-12-2008   #40
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A lot like the miracle of childbirth, the miracle of the Texans' first win of the 2008 season was far pretty. In fact, it was plenty painful and a little bloody, but in the end, it was all worth it as the Texans defeated the Dolphins 29-28.

http://www.inthebullseye.com/

Keith has a way with words LOL
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read