Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2008   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Manufactured excitement

Just got back from the game. That's what I have to call it.

There were 2 interceptions, 4 non-interceptions that no one caught but should have been (by the Phins), and that last long catch be AJ should have been an interception (but only because of his shear strength took the ball from the defender).

Coach decisions to go for 2 extra points..........should have been called after the 1st touchdown.............and when finally called at the end of the game as an after thought.

Time management?...........I'd say take away Kubiak's analog watch and let him have a dummy digital one.............oh, excuse me, he already has one on the scoreboard.

DURING THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME, VINNY POINTED OUT THAT IT APPEARED THAT DUANE BROWN WAS TELEGRAPHING OUT PLAYS. I SPENT THE REST OF THE GAME TABBING HIS OBSERVATION........AND IT'S A DEFINITE. APPROXIMATELY 90% OF THE TIME, IF BROWN TOOK A FULL CROUCH POSITION, IT WAS RUN...............IF BROWN TOOK A SEMI-CROUCH/SEMI-UPRIGHT POSITION, IT WAS A PASS. SOMEONE NEEDS TO RELATE THIS TO THE COACHES.

BTW, Gibbs on the sideline was so animated (pissed) most of the game, that he reminded me of a Joe Pesce understudy.

Yes, we won the game. But the excitement was definitely manufactured.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manufactured excitement

Only Texans fans will whine and complain after an exciting win. Sheesh. We won our first game. Lets lay off the criticism for a minute. The only thing I see wrong with this win is all the complaining its already brining?

Were the negatives? Absolutely. We are a sloppy team. But we hung in there, we have the makings of a fabulous offense, and we won an exciting game.

Manufactured excitement? Give me a break
Old 10-12-2008   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

It figures.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #4
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Well no wonder why Brown got owned the whole day. Porter was reading him like a book. He just a rookie though, we can only hope he get better. If not.... well RG is a need, we can put him there.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #5
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

There were 2 interceptions, 4 non-interceptions that no one caught but should have been (by the Phins), and that last long catch be AJ should have been an interception (but only because of his shear strength took the ball from the defender).

Coach decisions to go for 2 extra points..........should have been called after the 1st touchdown.............and when finally called at the end of the game as an after thought.

Time management?...........I'd say take away Kubiak's analog watch and let him have a dummy digital one.............oh, excuse me, he already has one on the scoreboard.

DURING THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME, VINNY POINTED OUT THAT IT APPEARED THAT DUANE BROWN WAS TELEGRAPHING OUT PLAYS. I SPENT THE REST OF THE GAME TABBING HIS OBSERVATION........AND IT'S A DEFINITE. APPROXIMATELY 90% OF THE TIME, IF BROWN TOOK A FULL CROUCH POSITION, IT WAS RUN...............IF BROWN TOOK A SEMI-CROUCH/SEMI-UPRIGHT POSITION, IT WAS A PASS. SOMEONE NEEDS TO RELATE THIS TO THE COACHES.

BTW, Gibbs on the sideline was so animated (pissed) most of the game, that he reminded me of a Joe Pesce understudy.

you dont go for 2 with more than about 5 min left in a game. that has come back to haunt teams more times than any of us can count. when you complain about a coaching decesion it should really be something that has a consensus with most fans. not something that 10 people see one way and 10see a different way, that just means he didnt do what you wanted. which is a lot different than doing the wrong thing.

as far as time mangement, were you talking about the end of game when they let a few extra sec's run off the clock. or earlier when they were having trouble getting the play in. im pretty sure there was something wrong with matt's helment reciever, he kept pointing to it.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously agree with markbeth. What if we didn't get the 2 the first time? Then at the end of the game, the phins coul dhave gone for 2, gotten it, and we would have needed an extra point just to TIE the game at the end.

Complaining about coaching decisions like that is just silly You take points when you can get them. We have a horrible Red Zone offense. Theres not reason to risk not getting the points.

And to complain about something as trivial as that immediately after a loss is almost comical
Old 10-12-2008   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

aside from those 2 picks, Schaub had his way with the defense all day
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2008   #8
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
you dont go for 2 with more than about 5 min left in a game. that has come back to haunt teams more times than any of us can count. when you complain about a coaching decesion it should really be something that has a consensus with most fans. not something that 10 people see one way and 10see a different way, that just means he didnt do what you wanted. which is a lot different than doing the wrong thing.
Well, considering how bad Pittman has been this season, Kubiak wanted to go with the safe route and just run the ball up the middle. Remember that botch FG against Tenn? It resulted with Turk having to make a pass.... into the defender's hands.

I agree that we should've went for 2 after the first TD. If we get it we tied, if we don't then we still need a FG to get ahead. Don't know why Kubiak didn't go for it then.

Last edited by J-Russ; 10-12-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-12-2008   #9
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
aside from those 2 picks, Schaub had his way with the defense all day
Thanks for giving us an outside perspective on Schaub.
Old 10-12-2008   #10
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If that's the attitude you take after a stunning, uncharacteristic win for a team that badly needed one, I'm sure the excitement was manufactured for you.

For the rest of us? Not so much.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 22796 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Only Texans fans will whine and complain after an exciting win. Sheesh. We won our first game. Lets lay off the criticism for a minute. The only thing I see wrong with this win is all the complaining its already brining?

Were the negatives? Absolutely. We are a sloppy team. But we hung in there, we have the makings of a fabulous offense, and we won an exciting game.

QFT

I'm just ecstatic that we're in the win column now
Old 10-12-2008   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Honestly, a perfect game by the Texans where we win by 30 is not that exciting. Its boring. This game was the definition of exciting. I didn't know who would win until the last second ticked off the clock
Old 10-12-2008   #13
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

well the offensive play calling was superb. we need to credit someone for that. since your just gonna criticize i thought i would throw that in there.
Old 10-12-2008   #14
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
QFT

I'm just ecstatic that we're in the win column now
And that the win came from a clutch TD drive with two fourth down conversions.

That gut check could prove to be a valuable learning experience for a team that hasn't tasted much success in crunch time.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #15
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 22796 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Honestly, a perfect game by the Texans where we win by 30 is not that exciting. Its boring. This game was the definition of exciting. I didn't know who would win until the last second ticked off the clock
At least this time it worked in our favor! Usually(99% of the time) we're on the Dolphins side of such losses.
Old 10-12-2008   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
At least this time it worked in our favor! Usually(99% of the time) we're on the Dolphins side of such losses.
but the Dolphins are almost always on the side of such losses, so it's just a flip of the coin with who's going to have the more devastating loss
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #17
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

exactly.. give it a rest cnd
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
If that's the attitude you take after a stunning, uncharacteristic win for a team that badly needed one, I'm sure the excitement was manufactured for you.

For the rest of us? Not so much.

I am elated that we won a game that we tried desparately to give away. We were extremely fortunate that just over 1 minute from the end of the game, the Phins decided to go for the TD...........instead of running the clock down to a couple of seconds........and all but ensure their win with a measly FG.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #19
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
I am elated that we won a game that we tried desparately to give away. We were extremely fortunate that just over 1 minute from the end of the game, the Phins decided to go for the TD...........instead of running the clock down to a couple of seconds........and all but ensure their win with a measly FG.
we had 2 timeouts. they couldnt of took hardly anymore time off the clock. if they would of kicked a fieldgoal we would of been in about the same situation. 1:30 left with no timeouts but only have to get into field goal range to win instead of 1:45 left 2 time outs but we need 6. i see no diff in those 2 situations.
Old 10-12-2008   #20
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess some people enjoy losses more so they can vent and complain more. It happens alot on message boards. The number of posts here would be 5 times as much if the Texans lost.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read