Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2008   #1
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default It is official MARIO WILLIAMS not a bust

Mario Williams... again and again he made plays..... guy is awesome. we need the rest of the d to step up like him. I was impressed by bulman.. play him instead of weaver.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It is official MARIO WILLIAMS not a bust

But Mario didn't have 20 sacks and 40 QB hurries today? That makes him inconsistent at best.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #3
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 40321 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

when and where was the last time he was labeled a "bust"?

Was this recent? Did I miss it?
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #4
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Tim Bulman...I like this guy.

I've seen him in two plays and both plays he hit the QB...
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Mario Williams is the face of this franchise. Hopefully his story thus far mirrors the rest of our season.

Beaten down and counted out early in his career only to rise above the adversity and become the premier DE in the NFL.

Just replace DE with team and hopefully that's how the rest of our season goes on our improbable playoff run!!! Damn it feels good to win!!!
Old 10-12-2008   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
But Mario didn't have 20 sacks and 40 QB hurries today? That makes him inconsistent at best.
That you Skip? kidding.

That sack he had (or at least contributed to) was huge after the running into the kicker penalty. Wow. It's Sunday afternoon and I feel great.
Old 10-12-2008   #7
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I read the thread title and thought the body of your post would simply say

Signed,

2007 season
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2008   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Just replace DE with team and hopefully that's how the rest of our season goes on our improbable playoff run!!! Damn it feels good to win!!!
Admit it, you just want to get laid...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #9
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post
when and where was the last time he was labeled a "bust"?

Was this recent? Did I miss it?
We just need blanket coverage from ESPN on Mario now and I think it he's officially not a bust.

So, never then.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #10
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 40321 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
We just need blanket coverage from ESPN on Mario now and I think it he's officially not a bust.

So, never then.
huh? that's gotta be sarcasm, right?

When was the last time anyone at ESPN said he was a bust?

You sound paranoid

This is so 2006.

I remember ESPN talking about how he was among the biggest 'snubs' for the Pro Bowl (e.g. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=3160443)
Quote:
Twenty months ago, on the evening in which the Houston Texans chose defensive end Mario Williams over tailback Reggie Bush with the first overall selection in the 2006 draft, I suggested the franchise should think about turning over such critical decisions to Mr. Magoo, who might actually demonstrate a little more foresight.

But on Tuesday night, with the taste of crow still fresh on my palate, I find myself wondering just who in the league, and in the voting public, are really the most nearsighted. Because during a year in which Blooper Mario has transformed into Super Mario, collecting the second-most sacks (13) in the league, the Texans' second-year end ranks among the most notable Pro Bowl oversights.
Mario is getting props - not sure where the "Mario is a bust" talk is coming from

Last edited by RazorOye; 10-12-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2008   #11
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 123395 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Tim Bulman...I like this guy.

I've seen him in two plays and both plays he hit the QB...
I agree! I like the guys who fight every play. No need to have an eye out for Bulman because when he's on the field, he's in on the play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody saying Williams is a bust is pretty much not worth listening to anyway. He's been in QB's faces too much this season to think that he's not a big presence on the field.
Old 10-12-2008   #13
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
huh? that's gotta be sarcasm, right?

When was the last time anyone at ESPN said he was a bust?

You sound paranoid

This is so 2006.

I remember ESPN talking about how he was among the biggest 'snubs' for the Pro Bowl (e.g. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=3160443)

Mario is getting props - not sure where the "Mario is a bust" talk is coming from
No respeck.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #14
RazorOye
Ayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlam View Post
No respeck.
is this the same jlam as sr?
Old 10-12-2008   #15
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
is this the same jlam as sr?
:covri:
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #16
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Another 2 today....fantastic, at this rate he is staring down at another 22. haha.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's pretty clear now that Mario was the best pick of the 2006 draft. VY has lost the respect of his team mates and has flaked out. He may never play another down in Nashville. I think it safe to say now that Reggie Bush is not going to be a top NFL running back. D'Brick has not lived up to his billing in NY. Leinhart is riding the bench in Arizona.

I think some Texans fans are still sensitive to this because of all the ridicule the team and fans took after the draft. Believe me, living in Austin it was getting unbearable.

Mario has 6 sacks on the season, is dominating and VY is riding the pine and questioning life. There is some joy to be had in that.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #18
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I think it's pretty clear now that Mario was the best pick of the 2006 draft. VY has lost the respect of his team mates and has flaked out. He may never play another down in Nashville. I think it safe to say now that Reggie Bush is not going to be a top NFL running back. D'Brick has not lived up to his billing in NY. Leinhart is riding the bench in Arizona.

I think some Texans fans are still sensitive to this because of all the ridicule the team and fans took after the draft. Believe me, living in Austin it was getting unbearable.

Mario has 6 sacks on the season, is dominating and VY is riding the pine and questioning life. There is some joy to be had in that.
Taking off my homer glasses for a moment.....one can make a very strong case for Jay Cutler.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

no telling where this defense would be without Mario

He has 6 of the Texans 7 sacks so far this season

last season 14 of the 31 that we collected

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ho...ar=season_2007
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #20
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Taking off my homer glasses for a moment.....one can make a very strong case for Jay Cutler.
Correct. I'd have to say Cutler was probably the best player in that draft so far.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read