Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2008   #61
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sick of Schaub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
I'd say that too, but it can't be a excuse. Top offenses score on anyone and everyone. I'm not making anymore excuses for our QBs...they either make plays or they don't, I don't care who they are playing anymore i'm sorry. I used to make excuses for Carr and in the end look how that turned out.
no they dont. the best defenses in the league have always shut down the best offenses in the league throught the history of the nfl. thats why they say defense wins championships.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #62
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Rep Power: 1035 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches

I'm not bitching about it. I'm just wondering if anyone else felt the same way I do. I honestly hope he does turn me into a doubting Thomas. But, thus far I haven't been impressed.
Old 10-12-2008   #63
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

We used the same formula from last week, get AJ involved early and often. Schaub still has to work on his brain farts (who on our team doesn't) and Duane Brown needs to step up. That was his worst game so far imo and I don't think its close. 3-4s seem to give him a really hard time, hopefully he steps up fast cause he shows a lot of promise.
Old 10-12-2008   #64
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
he already did it again. did the same thing in jacksonville.
What????? Im talking about Sage. I doubt he would not protect the ball in that situation again and go for the big play.

Question for all the Schaub slobbers. Who looked better leading this team

Take away the last 4 min of the last game Sage.

Or Schaub this game?

Once again im not lobbying for Sage to be the starter just trying to show that Schaub hasnt played that great.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #65
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
no they dont. the best defenses in the league have always shut down the best offenses in the league throught the history of the nfl. thats why they say defense wins championships.
Not every year. Defense HELPS wins championships, you need to be balanced on both sides.

Matt played well today but seriously...we could easily have lost this game obviously. I am calling it how I see it.

I'm sure most people in the nation think he's a mediocre QB despite what happened today. He's going to have to prove that he's not. I'm not making excuses for him.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #66
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Take away the last 4 min of the last game Sage.

Or Schaub this game?
sage has a 2 minute drive to come from behind against indy after two turnovers.

schaub has a 2minute drive to come from behind against miami after two turnovers.

you really want to go there?
Old 10-12-2008   #67
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Rep Power: 1035 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches

I do think the O-line needs to step up and buy him some more time. They do need to do their part to protect the QB. But, it's also Schaub's job to have awareness of the goings on around him. He needs better field vision in seeing defenders that are in pursuit of him and the football.

lol My first post back from the hospital would be a pessimistic analytical one.
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2008   #68
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd and Inches View Post
I do think the O-line needs to step up and buy him some more time. They do need to do their part to protect the QB. But, it's also Schaub's job to have awareness of the goings on around him. He needs better field vision in seeing defenders that are in pursuit of him and the football.

lol My first post back from the hospital would be a pessimistic analytical one.
This O-line has a hard time against the 3-4.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #69
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
sage has a 2 minute drive to come from behind against indy after two turnovers.

schaub has a 2minute drive to come from behind against miami after two turnovers.

you really want to go there?
YES!! LETS DO IT!!! If it wasnt for a GREAT catch by AJ it would of been the same result but if you would read and comprehend what I wa saying you cant even compare the 2.
Old 10-12-2008   #70
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
YES!! LETS DO IT!!! If it wasnt for a GREAT catch by AJ it would of been the same result but if you would read and comprehend what I wa saying you cant even compare the 2.
IF werent for a great FUMBLE by AJ we might've been kneeling at that point.
Old 10-12-2008   #71
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is very true, but AJ doesn't fumble very often.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #72
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And if it wasnt for a great punt return we wouldnt of even been in the game.
Old 10-12-2008   #73
mussop
Hall of Fame

Also if it wasnt for Miami dropping several of Schaubs passes we wouldnt of been in the game either.
Old 10-12-2008   #74
Scooter
Funky

i hope you're starting to get the picture. all the if's in the world dont mean squat ... schaub lead the texans to a win today. you can if sage for the indy game or if anything else. schaub kept fighting and kept the offense focused and we beat a team that couldnt have felt better coming into the game.
Old 10-12-2008   #75
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Here is another one for you. If AJ hadnt made that catch it wa an interception and Schaub is getting run out of town instead of getting love.
Old 10-12-2008   #76
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
i hope you're starting to get the picture. all the if's in the world dont mean squat ... schaub lead the texans to a win today. you can if sage for the indy game or if anything else. schaub kept fighting and kept the offense focused and we beat a team that couldnt have felt better coming into the game.
Youre not getting the point. We won but it wa not because of good QB play. We won despite the QB making several horrible boneheaded playes agains an inferior team.
Old 10-12-2008   #77
Scooter
Funky

Old 10-12-2008   #78
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Youre not getting the point. We won but it wa not because of good QB play. We won despite the QB making several horrible boneheaded playes agains an inferior team.
And here I was thinking the Texans were the inferior team coming into this match up. Oh the light you have shown me.
Old 10-12-2008   #79
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub sucks
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #80
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
And here I was thinking the Texans were the inferior team coming into this match up. Oh the light you have shown me.
Glad I could help! If you really think Miami has the same talent level as us youre not very smart.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read