Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2008   #41
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sick of Schaub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
Isnt this draft a bad QB draft?
Exactly! Everyone lets rally around Cullen Harper! He'll be healthy for us next year, just in time to led us to our first playoff berth!
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #42
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
Yeah i think thats why his throws seemed a bit flat. He looked much smaller as well but hey, he took hits and got the ball out there to his receivers.

Not to mention, if AJ hadn't fumbled it wouldn't have been close. The ENTIRE team is making stupid mistakes!!! Not just Schaub. If we correct those stupid plays, we will be fine.
I said it back in warmups, he looked small this week. I don't know how much, if any, it affected his play. It looked to me that even his deep ball hung as opposed to the zip he normally has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #43
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
No way, and I mean no way does Kubiak put Schaub behind a rookie. We might draft a QB to groom(not preferred by me) but no way do we keep Schaub and bench him for a rookie QB next year.
No what we need is a quality veterin.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #44
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

we win and the first post i read is bitching.
Old 10-12-2008   #45
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
No what we need is a quality veterin.
Well we have two right now. We're not going to get a better QB in the FA, and unless you wanna pull a Mike Ditka, we're not getting a better one in the draft either.
Old 10-12-2008   #46
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Tim Tebow should be coming out this year. We might have a shot at him depending on how our season goes. He might be worth grooming for a year.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #47
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Schaub has an excuse this game and still pulled it out (sick, stomach thing, 7 lbs lost in a week) - what was Sage's excuse last week when they were winning?
PALEASE!!!! Excuses are for loosers!!! For every 4 good throws Schaub had 1 horrible one. He really got lucky he didnt have 4 or 5 INT's today. Im not a Sage supporter but he played flawlessy until the end of that game. I doubt he would do it again if he had the chance.
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2008   #48
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Schaub is going to be OK. He's got strengths and he's got weaknesses. Right now, I think that you have to get him started and get him in rhythm with good playcalling at the beginning of the game. I think he needs to get his confidence early in the game and then he's fine.

One of his early interceptions was just a bad decision. But his other one was because he was hit as he threw. His near inteception late in the game was also because he was hit as he threw. You can't blame a guy for his throws going haywire when he's being hit as he throws it.

I mean, come on. The guy made same great throws today and he made some bad throws today. But we moved the ball with him playing QB.

It's just like AJ. AJ had a MONSTER game today... but he also had some bad plays.

I think we'll probably draft a QB fairly early to groom next year but that QB isn't going to start for a couple of years.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #49
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For every 4 good throws Schaub had 1 horrible one.
You were watching a different game than the one I was watching.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #50
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Well we have two right now. We're not going to get a better QB in the FA, and unless you wanna pull a Mike Ditka, we're not getting a better one in the draft either.

You obviously havent gotten over David Carr.
Old 10-12-2008   #51
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd and Inches View Post
Is it just me or is Matt Schaub's performances this season less than stellar? I'm getting really tired of seeing him not give 150% every game. I'm really sick of having to see us go 3 and out over and over again.

Does anyone else feel this way too? Or is it just me?
are you serious, we drove the ball all over the field. he had almost 400 yards passing, most in our history. you really need to think about what your posting.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #52
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You obviously havent gotten over David Carr.
Well, I don't understand this post at all. I'm thinking you meant that he had a bad game overall today, which is untrue. He made history today by throwing for the most yards in one game for a Texans QB.

Schaub threw down field all day and put us in position to score and win(unlike Carr), I don't know what more you want with the kind of protection he was getting.
Old 10-12-2008   #53
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd and Inches View Post
No it's not, because 1 play doesn't make up for consistently bad passes.
That play did...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #54
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
And he threw two INTs under pressure.

That is what prevents him from being Franchise QB.

You look at all the Franchise QBs and they make plays underpressure or don't turn it over. Matt and Sage both turn it over under pressure. Yeah he toughened up the 2nd half. I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be great...

I'm just calling it how I see it. We don't have years to see if he will develop. We did when we had Carr...difference is we had guys that were willing to grow with Carr and the team. IT is different now, we have guys that expect to win NOW. When does doesn't happen they leave and we'll have a hard time holding onto talent.
every qb throws int. thats not what makes a franchise qb. what makes a franchise qb is how well you play when it counts. matt did well today. he also did well against the jags.
Old 10-12-2008   #55
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
every qb throws int. thats not what makes a franchise qb. what makes a franchise qb is how well you play when it counts. matt did well today. he also did well against the jags.
Yeah but he also did bad against the Steelers and Titans. I'm not protecting him or attacking him...he's shown me he's a mediocre QB...and this team seems to have problems winning with mediocre QBs.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #56
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is the future. Draft Moreno and then we can run the wildcat.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #57
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
Yes if it wasnt for Schaubs inconsistant play we wouldnt of had to scrap for a win at the end of the game against a far less talented team. I hope he gets better Im rooting for him but so far he has SUCKED!!!!!
he had 2 int early. after halftime we dominated on offense. its our defense thats keeping teams in games.
Old 10-12-2008   #58
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
PALEASE!!!! Excuses are for loosers!!! For every 4 good throws Schaub had 1 horrible one. He really got lucky he didnt have 4 or 5 INT's today. Im not a Sage supporter but he played flawlessy until the end of that game. I doubt he would do it again if he had the chance.
he already did it again. did the same thing in jacksonville.
Old 10-12-2008   #59
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Yeah but he also did bad against the Steelers and Titans. I'm not protecting him or attacking him...he's shown me he's a mediocre QB...and this team seems to have problems winning with mediocre QBs.
Every QB has done bad against the Steelers and Titans...especially in their house.
Old 10-12-2008   #60
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Every QB has done bad against the Steelers and Titans...especially in their house.
I'd say that too, but it can't be a excuse. Top offenses score on anyone and everyone. I'm not making anymore excuses for our QBs...they either make plays or they don't, I don't care who they are playing anymore i'm sorry. I used to make excuses for Carr and in the end look how that turned out.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read