Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2008   #21
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Rep Power: 1035 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches
Default Re: Sick of Schaub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Taking the wins and losses out of the equation, I have been less and less impressed with Schaub. The turnovers are killing us. Maybe the Texans just need a QB that can perform under greater-than-normal pressure; I don't know. I do know that this is mostly the pass protection that this team gives its QB. So if that's as good as it gets, then we need a better QB.
I agree fully.

I think we need a guy who's consistent. I always know that AJ is gonna play his heart out, that Owen will play his heart out and the Defense will. But, every week I'm shaky on how Schaub will perform. I never know if he's going to be the unsure QB who's throwing INTs or if he's going to be the confident QB leader that the team needs. I'm tired of his inconsistency. Quite frankly every week, I'm developing ulcers from wondering how Schaub is going to perform for the team.
Old 10-12-2008   #22
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd and Inches View Post
I agree. I also think his defender vision is pretty poor. He always seems clueless when he gets hit and when he throws picks. To me, he just doesn't look like the same QB. He had confidence last year.. played with swagger. I'm not seeing that this year yet.
Same was said about Jacoby Jones until today. The way he led the team on
the final drive should go towards a good week this coming Sunday.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #23
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
If anyone won that game for us it was AJ with that INT saving catch on the last drive. Schaub just isnt that good.
Neither is your boy Sage.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #24
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Well.... he was under pressure. Are you surprise he would make bad throws under pressure?
And he threw two INTs under pressure.

That is what prevents him from being Franchise QB.

You look at all the Franchise QBs and they make plays underpressure or don't turn it over. Matt and Sage both turn it over under pressure. Yeah he toughened up the 2nd half. I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be great...

I'm just calling it how I see it. We don't have years to see if he will develop. We did when we had Carr...difference is we had guys that were willing to grow with Carr and the team. IT is different now, we have guys that expect to win NOW. When does doesn't happen they leave and we'll have a hard time holding onto talent.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #25
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd and Inches View Post
1-4.. yes the win helps. But the 4 losses still hurts and holds us back in standings a great deal. A win is a win. It's a start. But the 4 losses also say something as well. Maybe I'm a pessimist. I just don't think he's playing at great caliber.
Of course hes not playing at great caliber but, after seeing Sage play wonderfully for 56 minutes then squander the game in the last 4, it makes me appreciate the QB doing something to help the team WIN in the last few minutes of the game.

Also, Schaub can run that 2 minute drill.

Another thing i noticed is that the deep ball wasn't really there for, maybe it was still the lingering effects from illness, Matt's ball seemed a bit flat today. Hopefully next week that'll be corrected.
Old 10-12-2008   #26
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
And he threw two INTs under pressure.

That is what prevents him from being Franchise QB.

You look at all the Franchise QBs and they make plays underpressure or don't turn it over. Matt and Sage both turn it over under pressure. Yeah he toughened up the 2nd half. I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be great...

I'm just calling it how I see it. We don't have years to see if he will develop. We did when we had Carr...difference is we had guys that were willing to grow with Carr and the team. IT is different now, we have guys that expect to win NOW. When does doesn't happen they leave and we'll have a hard time holding onto talent.
And we do with a new QB you want to bring in? Look this guy shown enough when hes not pressured, hell he shown enough when he was pressured to make me believe we will keep him for another year, without drafting a new QB. Now I'm just hoping that we could possibly reconstruct his contract, but even if we don't we're not paying him like a franchise QB. There's plenty of QB thats getting pay more then him, so I'm comfortable with his contract and his play.

If you get him a B+ O-line, theres no doubt in my mind that this guy can be great for us. I rather draft Duke Robinson right now, then Matthew Stafford.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #27
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't knock him much this week, but I don't think Schaub is our starter next season. I believe he becomes our backup to somebody--not Rosencopter, who will be gone.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2008   #28
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I won't knock him much this week, but I don't think Schaub is our starter next season. I believe he becomes our backup to somebody--not Rosencopter, who will be gone.
Who? a rookie?
Old 10-12-2008   #29
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 143924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub has an excuse this game and still pulled it out (sick, stomach thing, 7 lbs lost in a week) - what was Sage's excuse last week when they were winning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #30
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Exactly.

Almost and probably should have thrown in interception on third down at the end of the game.
Yes if it wasnt for Schaubs inconsistant play we wouldnt of had to scrap for a win at the end of the game against a far less talented team. I hope he gets better Im rooting for him but so far he has SUCKED!!!!!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #31
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
Who? a rookie?
No! Obviously we want to give up another two 2nds plus a 1st to finally get our franchise QB!
Old 10-12-2008   #32
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

So yeah, it must've been the running game that won us the game today?

Old 10-12-2008   #33
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Neither is your boy Sage.

WRONG! Sage aint my boy either! Dont think either one is a quality NFL QB right now.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #34
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
Who? a rookie?
That is possible you know.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #35
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 143924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Yes if it wasnt for Schaubs inconsistant play we wouldnt of had to scrap for a win at the end of the game against a far less talented team. I hope he gets better Im rooting for him but so far he has SUCKED!!!!!
Are you David Carr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #36
New_Texans
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Schaub has an excuse this game and still pulled it out (sick, stomach thing, 7 lbs lost in a week) - what was Sage's excuse last week when they were winning?
Yeah i think thats why his throws seemed a bit flat. He looked much smaller as well but hey, he took hits and got the ball out there to his receivers.

Not to mention, if AJ hadn't fumbled it wouldn't have been close. The ENTIRE team is making stupid mistakes!!! Not just Schaub. If we correct those stupid plays, we will be fine.
Old 10-12-2008   #37
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
And we do with a new QB you want to bring in? Look this guy shown enough when hes not pressured, hell he shown enough when he was pressured to make me believe we will keep him for another year, without drafting a new QB. Now I'm just hoping that we could possibly reconstruct his contract, but even if we don't we're not paying him like a franchise QB. There's plenty of QB thats getting pay more then him, so I'm comfortable with his contract and his play.

If you get him a B+ O-line, theres no doubt in my mind that this guy can be great for us. I rather draft Duke Robinson right now, then Matthew Stafford.

I think the difference is if we bring in a new QB whoever it may be, he will have way more weapons to work with.

We just can't be patient with Matt at all. I feel all of our guys want to win now.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #38
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Gotta give Schaub his due atleast for this week. He earns all the kudos he gets after leading the gamewinning td drive. Say what you want about whether or not you think he's the long term answer but that drive just proved he's got heart.

That's a start for now, lets build on this win for an improbable run to the playoffs!!!
Old 10-12-2008   #39
New_Texans
All Pro

Quote:
Isnt this draft a bad QB draft?
Old 10-12-2008   #40
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No way, and I mean no way does Kubiak put Schaub behind a rookie. We might draft a QB to groom(not preferred by me) but no way do we keep Schaub and bench him for a rookie QB next year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read