Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2008   #1
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 45 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Are WE Serious?

Our fan are REALLY starting to piss me off. It feels like we're booing are team after all plays that dont go the way we like. I mean seriously... do we really think thats gonna make us any better? do you REALLY want Sage to come in cause schaubs getting pressured? Everyone *******s up @ some point in time so we need to chill the ******* out. We could mess around and have a VY on our hands. And we dont need that.
Old 10-12-2008   #2
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are WE Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbots_02 View Post
Our fan are REALLY starting to piss me off. It feels like we're booing are team after all plays that dont go the way we like. I mean seriously... do we really think thats gonna make us any better? do you REALLY want Sage to come in cause schaubs getting pressured? Everyone *******s up @ some point in time so we need to chill the ******* out. We could mess around and have a VY on our hands. And we dont need that.
Ive been booinng schaub too..... They have plenty of good reasons to do so...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd boo too. Schaub has not been good. He should have more than 2 INTs. One in the redzone should have been picked.

Schaub just throws it after a certain amount of time. He doesn't buy time or try and make a play, dude just throws it no matter what. Sometimes he throws into triple coverage to avoid getting hit. Weak.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #4
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58086 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Put me in the boo Schaub crowd. Hes just to inconsistant.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #5
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 45 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Like I said... thats not gonna help anybody but the other team.If sucking without fail happened EVERY game then fine... Thank god the booing didnt go to his head or he wouldnt have won the game for us. Losers dont win games. Im not saying hes the best thing since sliced bread, Im just saying he's not the worst so cut the man some slack! its his second year starting... thats it
Old 10-12-2008   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I paid good money for my seats .... I'll boo when I feel its deserved.

And after the quality of football we have witnessed thus far this season , the boo leash is short.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #7
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub battled through adversity against the Dolphins and his own fans! and still got us the win! Now thats is just simply incredible.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2008   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Would all you people be so Schaub-happy right now if a DT had grabbed him and brought him down at the 1 yd. line on that last play? I don't think a QB should get sooooo much credit just for a good QB sneak call from the sidelines that also requied a little LUCK to work out.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #9
MadBurgerMaker
Rookie

Rep Power: 15 MadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden cover

It even made the recap:

Quote:
Texans fans booed heartily after the first interception and some chanted "We want Sage" for backup Sage Rosenfels after the second. They few fans that were left for the winning score replaced those chants with roars of approval for Schaub.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281012034
MadBurgerMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #10
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58086 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Schaub battled through adversity against the Dolphins and his own fans! and still got us the win! Now thats is just simply incredible.
Youre QB standards are so low its sad. Thats what I meant by you havent gotten over Carr yet. Oh and Schaub is as responsible for this win as Mario is for missing that tackle on Brown with 1.46 seconds to go. If he had made that tackle the Dolphins run the clock down and kick the field goal and win by one. Hail Mario !!!!! Great job!!!!
Old 10-12-2008   #11
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Would all you people be so Schaub-happy right now if a DT had grabbed him and brought him down at the 1 yd. line on that last play? I don't think a QB should get sooooo much credit just for a good QB sneak call from the sidelines that also requied a little LUCK to work out.
EXACTLY!!People are so happy we won the game they are ignoring the fact that Schaub made a ton of mistakes in this game. Just shows how desperate we are for a win I guess. SAD! We are not a good team right now. We will be lucky to win 2 more games with QB play like what we got today.
Old 10-12-2008   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Youre QB standards are so low its sad. Thats what I meant by you havent gotten over Carr yet. Oh and Schaub is as responsible for this win as Mario is for missing that tackle on Brown with 1.46 seconds to go. If he had made that tackle the Dolphins run the clock down and kick the field goal and win by one. Hail Mario !!!!! Great job!!!!
I was thinking their best chance to win at that point was to allow the Fish to score on that play , it was obvious they were going to put up points , two more downs would have either left the Texans with no time outs or used up a majority of the clock .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Youre QB standards are so low its sad. Thats what I meant by you havent gotten over Carr yet.
Is it that our standard are low or that you're standards are insanely high? Basically, what you're saying is that you wouldn't want Elway, or Favre, or Boomer Esiason, or Dan Fouts or anyone like that. Look at Elway and all those 4th quarter comebacks... he wouldn't have had all those comebacks if he hadn't played poorly and thrown interceptions in the first half and he wouldn't have had those comebacks without taking risks late in the game.

Schaub makes mistakes but you can't find a QB out there that doesn't except for maybe Peyton and Brady. Sometimes he throws it into coverage but this is the NFL and if you're going to make plays, you're going to have to take risks. Schaub's biggest problem right now in the red zone is that he DOESN'T take enough risks sometime.

But I have to admit, I wasn't expecting to hear all this anti-Schaub stuff after such a gutsy win.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #14
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
EXACTLY!!People are so happy we won the game they are ignoring the fact that Schaub made a ton of mistakes in this game. Just shows how desperate we are for a win I guess. SAD! We are not a good team right now. We will be lucky to win 2 more games with QB play like what we got today.
Umm. You mean the QB play that led us 70 yds. for a touchdown in under 2 minutes to win the game? After the 2 picks Schaub made up for it, he played well the rest of the game and made the plays to win. Schaub had no trouble moving us up the field, indicated by the 361 yds. we had through the air. He got off to a horrible start but he rebounded and led us to a comeback win, I'll give props for that.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Would you be so Schaub-hatey still if AJ hadn't fumbled the ball by the endzone?

Sorry but you can if and when a player down to nothing and nitpick his game to pieces no matter who it is.
Old 10-12-2008   #16
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the problem that we have. Our QB does not play a good game, but we win, so people start talking about the QB like he is great. And then we are surprised when he plays bad again. I dont get it.

I'm happy that we won, of course, but I also recognize that our QB did not play very well today at all. We're lucky the Dolphins secondary sucks, and didn't capitalize on most of Schaub's mistakes.

Yes, other people messed up as well, but when your QB messes up consistently it becomes very difficult to win games, even the ones that we should. As we saw today.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
This is the problem that we have. Our QB does not play a good game, but we win, so people start talking about the QB like he is great. And then we are surprised when he plays bad again. I dont get it.

I'm happy that we won, of course, but I also recognize that our QB did not play very well today at all. We're lucky the Dolphins secondary sucks, and didn't capitalize on most of Schaub's mistakes.

Yes, other people messed up as well, but when your QB messes up consistently it becomes very difficult to win games, even the ones that we should. As we saw today.
You can easily flip that around. People around here have been so traumatized by a history of bad QB play that when the QB plays well (not perfect, but well), they can't see it because they're focusing on his mistakes. I don't think that anyone is saying that Schaub is playing like the next Montana but some people are saying that Schaub is basically indistinguishable from HWWNBN. And that's just wrong.

Lots of QB's have "good" days where they throw a pick or two. It's a good day for them if they make up for it by moving the team and having the team score points. Like Schaub did. Did he take some risks where he could have been picked off? Sure. But if you're going to have a guy make big plays, he's probably going to have to take some risks.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #18
Bigbots_02
Veteran

we're too much... I heard we had schaub haters again today @ the game. What to you guys that boo him really want? I tell you, these past couple of weeks he's been nothing but solid. Schaub haters @ this point need to get a life! Accept that he's doing good right now.
Old 10-26-2008   #19
Heath Shuler
maybe not

Section: 521
Rep Power: 34640 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbots_02 View Post
we're too much... I heard we had schaub haters again today @ the game. What to you guys that boo him really want? I tell you, these past couple of weeks he's been nothing but solid. Schaub haters @ this point need to get a life! Accept that he's doing good right now.
Who did you "hear" this from? I was at the game. I did not hear Schaub or any other Texan booed. The only people I heard being booed were the refs and the bengals. I think someone is giving you some bad info.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

This town is WAY too hard on QB's sometimes. Schaub has been pretty OK this season. Two games in a row with an 80% completion % and one turnover (on a fumble) is pretty solid QB play. Just think, we COULD have Mr. Gloves getting a haircut or something. We score 27+ points in our last 4 games and I hear people whining. We should be a lot more concerned with our D at this point. I guess Schaub should be covering the slot receiver or rushing the passer, too. Maybe we should put Schaub in as a CB so he dould do a CB blitz since RS doesn't think any other CB on the team can do that. Schaub hasn't been perfect this season and DOES make some iffy throws sometimes, but a lot of this griping smacks of part-time fans who concentrate on only one position. Remember, we could be 5-2 right now if Sage learned to slide and the D could make a cuople of stops on 4th and whatever....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read