Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2008   #1
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default Are we gunning for the #1 pick?

This is embarrassing. Schaub can't finish a drive, our defense is out of position and can't force turnovers? Patrick Cobbs? Are you serious?
Old 10-12-2008   #2
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Are we gunning for the #1 pick?

Maybe...if we get it hopefully we draft a QB bcuz both of ours are mediocre and just can't get it done.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we will have a top 5 pick. Who knows if it will be the #1 pick.

You can't win games when your QB constantly throws the ball into triple coverage or right to the defenders.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #4
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I think the only thing this team is missing on Offense is a QB...yeah sometimes our LT fails us...but sometimes THIS HAPPENS.

We need a QB that can still make a positive play when this happens either through the air or with his feet. We lose this game, time to start calling for Tebow or Stafford or someone I don't care.
Old 10-12-2008   #5
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is my QB, I'm not worry about him. I'm worry about the LT, now if you're ready to declare Brown a bust, then maybe we should use our first pick on Eugene Monroe or something. But I'm not ready to give up on Brown.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #6
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

I think Brown has been playing well, I don't think he's the problem.

The problem with our offense and the only problem is the play of our QB...look at all the turnovers this season...ALL BY OUR QBs.

Our QBs just don't perform well under pressure, it's time we get a QB that does. Until Matt turns around i'm convinced the QB is the problem...we have PLENTY of weapons on offense, it makes no sense we get in the red-zone and are lucky to get 3 points only.
Old 10-12-2008   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

My Top 5 QB's:

1. Bradford, OU
2. Stafford, Georgia
3. Freeman, Kansas St
4. Tebow, Florida
5. McCoy, Texas
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2008   #8
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
My Top 5 QB's:

1. Bradford, OU
2. Stafford, Georgia
3. Freeman, Kansas St
4. Tebow, Florida
5. McCoy, Texas
Wouldnt mind seeing Bradford in steel blue!
mussop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #9
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 95397 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Wouldnt mind seeing Bradford in steel blue!
OU QB in the NFL? Has there ever been a decent one?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #10
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

The fact that, in response to a sarcastic post, we already have fans discussing who would be a good choice only goes to show just how bad it's gotten for us.
Old 10-12-2008   #11
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 95397 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, it doesn't look like we will have a shot at the #1 pick. There is a lot of competition for that this year.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #12
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
This is embarrassing. Schaub can't finish a drive, our defense is out of position and can't force turnovers? Patrick Cobbs? Are you serious?
I'm glad you called Schaub out...
Old 10-14-2008   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was wondering how I missed this thread but remembered that I completely ignored all the knee jerk reaction posts/threads.

In response to those people thinking that QB is the only position needed on Offense.. that's laughable. Center and Right Guard are HUGE question marks on our team right now. We're getting eaten alive in the middle. You wanna know how you beat Peyton Manning? Look at what DE/DT's do to Myers and Brisiel. I'm not going to get into anymore than this b/c it's a waste of time and I think the majority of people are just frustrated so they're talking out of their rear end.

I do think we're going to have a top ten pick but I doubt it's this high. $$$-wise I really hope we're not in the top 5 b/c those picks are just so expensive. And I do NOT support using a high 1st rd pick on a QB with the current state our team is in. We're fine with QB right now... we have to focus on other positions to build our team.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #14
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

the person who started this thread is a tool.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192665 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Are we gunning for the #1 pick?
I should hope not , I dont see a player out there that is worth the money it would take to sign the #1 overall.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #16
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

We could easily get Slaton's old college teammate Pat White in the draft, would be a nice combo to see those two play again, on the same team. I have a feeling Pat White will do well in the NFL, and will be severely underrated, a great steal for the Texans.

Then again, maybe me being a fan of WVU is making me say crazy things
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I was wondering how I missed this thread but remembered that I completely ignored all the knee jerk reaction posts/threads.

In response to those people thinking that QB is the only position needed on Offense.. that's laughable. Center and Right Guard are HUGE question marks on our team right now. We're getting eaten alive in the middle. You wanna know how you beat Peyton Manning? Look at what DE/DT's do to Myers and Brisiel. I'm not going to get into anymore than this b/c it's a waste of time and I think the majority of people are just frustrated so they're talking out of their rear end.

I do think we're going to have a top ten pick but I doubt it's this high. $$$-wise I really hope we're not in the top 5 b/c those picks are just so expensive. And I do NOT support using a high 1st rd pick on a QB with the current state our team is in. We're fine with QB right now... we have to focus on other positions to build our team.
I really don't think Jerek is that stuck on just the QB position. I wasn't real happy with Schaub, either, but at least he (with a LOT of help) pulled it out.

I felt the same way about C and RG, but I thought they both did pretty well in this last game, especially in the run game. 'Course they could have been replaced and I wouldn't have even noticed. When D-Rob gets back out there, I'll be real impressed with whomever he replaced, lol.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
the person who started this thread is a tool.
Now that's just funny.

I think a lot of people would have agreed with him at the time, though, including me.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

In 7 years the Texans have hit the nail on the head only 4 times (Mario, AJ, Dunta & DeMeco) sure there are other- excellent players, but I think the point is we've missed on that same level of player @ QB, RB, LT, C, DB, DE, DT, OLB etc........ and if we must continue to suck the drive has to be- continue to upgrade positions of need.

I've been completely wrong about the 08 Texans so far, I really thought we would be winning more than losing & finish, picking next years 1st pick early 20's, at least higher than #18. I can't even predict one stinking score so I'm sure as hell not going to figure out where the Texans wind up now in the win loss category or placement of draft order. what I can say without a shadow of a doubt is its going to be a banner draft, lots of talented underclassman coming out with impending union/owner structure unsettled its just as much about how many as it is how high the Texans draft picks are.

Therefore despite whatever the record turns out to be leveraging position & evaulting talent is what its all about, just look at what Rick Smith was able to do with the 18th selection last draft, he traded down & still got a LT they wanted (who has started every game so far) & RB (who has established himself as the starting RB).

Also worth mentioning is this year the Texans own their 2nd rd. pick, the last time that happened they drafted DeMeco

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Worst thread evah!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read